Dragon Stats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Stats?

So this is my first post on roninarmy, I discovered the Song of Ice and Fire rpg a couple years ago and started running a campaign with my group. They have advanced several years into the campaign and now I think would be good to add in Dragons, but i have no idea where to begin the creation of a Dragon in the chronicle system. Any ideas on how to begin would be greatly appreciated. Since a young dragon is easier to kill than an old dragon so an idea to get different stats for different ages of dragons, but how to age them is the question. If any of you have any ideas any would be helpful in getting a start on this.

Re: Dragon Stats?

Are you saying you want to skip to a full-grown dragon? If you're looking for a story related reason for this, characters in SIF have mentioned awakening a stone dragon beneath Dragonstone, or an ice dragon beneath the Wall. Either of these could work to suddenly produce an adult dragon. Another way could be a treasure hunt in the ruins of Valyria, where a dragon might be slumbering inside an active volcano. Few people have ever returned from Valyria since the Doom, and a hungry dragon might be a pretty good explanation for that.

If you're just looking for stats I'm sure someone on the forum has a stat-block already prepared for you. I remember seeing one before on the old forum. An adult would have rank 8 in one or several Abilities would be appropriate. If no one produces I'll write something up for you in a few days. A recent hatchling would have similar stats to a house cat until it learned "dracarys". As it ages gradually make its stats comparable to creatures found in the Narrator chapter (or Woodland Creatures). Eventually you'll probably see a pattern over time emerge.

Comment

Kajani on the old forums wrote up some nice stats I may use some of. Not sure how balanced they are, but 3/4 way down he's got some dragon stats for different ages

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/vie...hp?f=29&t=8976

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, that link is exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethergoggles View Post
          Kajani on the old forums wrote up some nice stats I may use some of. Not sure how balanced they are, but 3/4 way down he's got some dragon stats for different ages

http://www.greenronin.com/phpBB2/vie...hp?f=29&t=8976
          The link is broken- any chance the info is still avilable somwhere?

Comment

It is posted in this forum, too:

http://roninarmy.com/threads/1576-Cr...imals+Westeros

I guess I should re-work the text about wyverns since now we know a little bit more about them (and that about the Ice-dragons is also a bit traditional point of view and did not fit right with what is in the meantime written in the World of Ice and Fire).

Comment

Originally posted by Kajani View Post
              It is posted in this forum, too:

http://roninarmy.com/threads/1576-Cr...imals+Westeros

I guess I should re-work the text about wyverns since now we know a little bit more about them (and that about the Ice-dragons is also a bit traditional point of view and did not fit right with what is in the meantime written in the World of Ice and Fire).
              thank you very much- now my campaign will be complete!!!! ***MMUUHAAAHAHAAHAAHAHAHHAHAA** (evil tenacious d satan's laugh)

Comment

I've been running a Dance of the Dragons campaign and I think I've had it work out pretty well.

What I did is in normal combat they are basically an "I Win" button. They are unkillable in skirmish combat. Instead, they are mass combat units with the following stats (with slight variatons based on the dragon).

Armor: 10
                Defense: 15
                Health: 15
                Fighting Damage 5, Marksman (Flame) Damage: 7
                All physical abilities: 5.
                Additionally, they can "Trample" per the core rulebook by flying over multiple units and unleashing their flame.

Comment

Good rules all around. But, I can't wait for the official ones to come out. Hopefully soon-ish.

Comment

Well, I think there would be other things I see as more important than that. But we will see - however, the speed of new rule-books seems not very high...

Comment

Working...
                    X