PDA

View Full Version : forum color scheme style

Tree
05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Is their a way to change the settings for how the forum displays?

I find the lightgrey/white backgrounds with black/darkgrey text to be a bit eye burning and would very much like to be able to set it to display with black/darkgrey backgrounds and light grey/white text instead.

Since this a forum a good amount of time is spent reading so having the ability to set a less bright and more eye friendly display style seems like a good idea.

You can customize the text, background, boarder, and link colors of your profile page, but I've not found a simular option for how the rest of the forum displays.

The style drop down menu that appears at the bottom of whatever page of the forums you are on only displays "default style" and "default mobile style".

FuzzyBoots
05-03-2017, 10:04 AM
Short answer, no they don't have any alternate color schemas.

Longer answer, they could choose to add skins in the future, and I believe there exist browser plugins to override colors, although I couldn't tell you where to look off of the top of my head.

Fildrigar
05-03-2017, 05:14 PM
I will add this to my to-do list. I won't make any guarantees how long it will take, though. vBulletin is a harsh mistress.

Tree
05-04-2017, 03:56 AM
I will add this to my to-do list. I won't make any guarantees how long it will take, though. vBulletin is a harsh mistress.

Thank you very much Fildrigar.

There are several tutorials on youtube about how install new skins and themes for your users to use. there also themes and skins out there for vBulletin 4.2 that admins can download and install for free. (as well as pay ones but why would you want that?)

As for setting vBulletin forums up to allow users to custom set the theme/skin they see the forum in, I have no idea how that works.

SassyRonin
05-29-2017, 03:43 PM
I just played around a bit with theme customization, and created an alternate style. I see now it's not quite what you were asking for, however. You can select it and see if it's at least better, and I'll see if I (or Fildrigar) can do up one (or install a free one) that's really white text on a black background. (The style I threw together is a work in progress.)

SassyRonin
05-29-2017, 05:01 PM
If you select the Avenger style (I believe it should appear on a dropdown menu if you scroll all the way down when logged in--it does for me as an Admin) it is a white text on black background style. Let me know what you think.

Tree
08-23-2017, 09:16 AM
If you select the Avenger style (I believe it should appear on a dropdown menu if you scroll all the way down when logged in--it does for me as an Admin) it is a white text on black background style. Let me know what you think.

Thank you very much. This theme makes reading much more comfortable.