PDA

View Full Version : "No Sleep Till Brooklyn" a FREE original 3e M&M adventure

ncardare
12-11-2014, 10:26 AM
I would like to give you my original M&M adventure module titled "No Sleep Till Brooklyn".
A couple of years ago, I ran a Mutants & Masterminds adventure for my friends to play. I recently took that impromptu adventure and wrote it into a full module. I have shared it with several of my gaming buddies for them to run for their friends. If you read it or, even better, run this adventure for your tables, I would love to hear your feedback. Follow the link below to get your copy. Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_wFCitNU0pwUWRENTBtUWN0NEU/view?usp=sharing

SuperFerret
12-16-2014, 07:09 AM
Not to shabby. I've got some issues with just how fast the B train takes to get from upper Midtown Manhattan (or lower Uptown, I'm never really sure where those neighborhoods start and end) to Atlantic-Pacific. The train is also outside (but not necessarily above ground) for more than two six second periods, but those are nitpicks from someone who has lived and worked in that area and has a weird sort of simulationist streak when it comes to New York City. (I can fudge any other real world city to the point of essentially making it a fictional place, but NYC is my hometown, so even minor errors stick out like a sore thumb.)

Also, [obligatory anti-Comic Sans comment].

FuzzyBoots
12-16-2014, 08:08 AM
I read through this a few days back, but kept forgetting to comment.

It seems like a decent adventure. Only two things I'd comment on are a) inconsistent skill DCs (DC 10 Perception check to spot the circles in the midst of combat? DC 10 Diplomacy to convince the Paragon? Then a DC 25 to get information from the Doctor? And then, escaping from the power-nullification trap is similarly a cakewalk. If you want success to be automatic, make it automatic, particularly when it comes to things like information you want the PCs to have) and b) random enemy numbers (really, 1d6 Ninja? I would suggest instead picking a nice amount, possibly with a guideline for scaling for more or less PCs (say 2 ninja for every PC) rather than making it random like that. Same thing happens later with the robots).

ncardare
12-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Not to shabby. I've got some issues with just how fast the B train takes to get from upper Midtown Manhattan (or lower Uptown, I'm never really sure where those neighborhoods start and end) to Atlantic-Pacific. The train is also outside (but not necessarily above ground) for more than two six second periods, but those are nitpicks from someone who has lived and worked in that area and has a weird sort of simulationist streak when it comes to New York City. (I can fudge any other real world city to the point of essentially making it a fictional place, but NYC is my hometown, so even minor errors stick out like a sore thumb.)

Also, [obligatory anti-Comic Sans comment].

Thanks for the feed back! I apologize to all the New Yorkers here. I honestly have no first hand knowledge of the subway system. The subway car is meant to move faster than normal. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

ncardare
12-16-2014, 10:17 PM
I read through this a few days back, but kept forgetting to comment.

It seems like a decent adventure. Only two things I'd comment on are a) inconsistent skill DCs (DC 10 Perception check to spot the circles in the midst of combat? DC 10 Diplomacy to convince the Paragon? Then a DC 25 to get information from the Doctor? And then, escaping from the power-nullification trap is similarly a cakewalk. If you want success to be automatic, make it automatic, particularly when it comes to things like information you want the PCs to have) and b) random enemy numbers (really, 1d6 Ninja? I would suggest instead picking a nice amount, possibly with a guideline for scaling for more or less PCs (say 2 ninja for every PC) rather than making it random like that. Same thing happens later with the robots).

Thanks for the feedback! This is my first M&M adventure written beyond my own notes and I was concerned that automatic success would put off other GMs. I agree with you about the scaling guidelines vs. the random enemy numbers, I just thought I would sprinkle in some old school fun for the less important encounters. I am glad you liked it overall.

Black Mamba
12-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks for providing that. I am looking forward to reading it!

ncardare
12-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Thanks for providing that. I am looking forward to reading it!

I look forward to your feedback!