PDA

View Full Version : Hit em hard and knock em down. A Boot To The Head production...

ronyon
12-09-2014, 09:25 AM
I like the flying drop kick of wrestling fame and I like the force multiplier of putting a target Prone.
Here is my take on both:

Tackling Lunge Kick
~Affliction 4 (Martial Arts Takedown) (Resisted by Parry;Hindered, Prone) Instant Recovery, Limited Degree,Linked: Strength Based Damage:1
~Immunity(to slam damage you inflict) rank 2 Immunity: 2
~Move Object 2,Close Range,Limited to Flinging Targets Away,Linked to Strength Based Damage:1

Meant to be used with a Charging Slam attack, the components can also be used.on their own.

Darkdreamer
12-10-2014, 07:47 AM
Why not just use limited Enhanced Strength instead of the limited Move Object?

ronyon
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
It's from the STR power profile.
They use move object, I followed suit.

kenmadragon
12-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Wait, is this all one attack linked together, or an array of attacks?

ronyon
12-10-2014, 03:29 PM
All linked together. It's one slot in an array. There are two different arrays, one 5 pointer off of the Damage portion of Strength, another 4 pointer linked to the first. Huh, just realized my Meridian Manipulation is over pointed.
That will need some work.

kenmadragon
12-11-2014, 09:40 AM
Oh. Well, then, you also miscalculated here. What you listed is worth 6PP. But don't worry, there are some assumptions you made that can be easily rectified!

How? Like so:

Firstly, get rid of the immunity to slam damage. When you slam, you have the chance of being hurt in the process. And thematically with your flying drop kick, the attacker does fall to the ground himself, and doesn't really land on his feet. Ergo, these attacks do hurt the attacker as well. But then again, you don't need to use a Slam with this. You definitely can, but you don't have to.

Secondly, you don't need the Affliction to get the person prone. A normal Trip will do just that, and be far harder to resist if your Martial Artist has a halfway decent Acrobatics or Athletics skill. So, instead write it as so:

Str based Move Object 2 [extras: Damage (4); flaws: Close Range, Limited Direction (Away & Down)] Linked: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Trip) Linked: Trip Action.

When using this power, you take the Trip Action, attacking with a -2 penalty to land the close attack check against the opponent's Parry. If a success, you can roll the better of your Acrobatics or Athletics to Trip, and the Improved Trip advantage allows you to pick which the opponent resists with. In general, it's effective to pick the skill your opponent has a lower modifier in as your opponent's trip resist check (made even sweeter if they had no ranks in Acrobatics, in which case that's the one you pick since it's a Trained Only skill). Anywho, at the same time as you Trip attack lands, you've slammed into your opponent for Strength Based Damage 4 and the chance of "throwing" you opponent back about 30 feet (assuming rank 2 mass for your average individual).

ronyon
12-11-2014, 10:30 AM
Oh. Well, then, you also miscalculated here. What you listed is worth 6PP. But don't worry, there are some assumptions you made that can be easily rectified!

I dont see how its worth 6 PP. Can you explain?

How? Like so:

Firstly, get rid of the immunity to slam damage. When you slam, you have the chance of being hurt in the process. And thematically with your flying drop kick, the attacker does fall to the ground himself, and doesn't really land on his feet. Ergo, these attacks do hurt the attacker as well. But then again, you don't need to use a Slam with this. You definitely can, but you don't have to.

I want a drop kick, I even considered an "attacker becomes prone" Complication, but like Batroc or the Tarantula this guy doesn't get hurt doing one of his signature moves. Hits them with both feet, a shoulder, as a human cannon ball or whatever, bounces back and lands on his feet. No damage. Thus the Immunity.

Secondly, you don't need the Affliction to get the person prone. A normal Trip will do just that, and be far harder to resist if your Martial Artist has a halfway decent Acrobatics or Athletics skill. So, instead write it as so:

Str based Move Object 2 [extras: Damage (4); flaws: Close Range, Limited Direction (Away & Down)] Linked: Enhanced Advantages 1 (Improved Trip) Linked: Trip Action.

When using this power, you take the Trip Action, attacking with a -2 penalty to land the close attack check against the opponent's Parry. If a success, you can roll the better of your Acrobatics or Athletics to Trip, and the Improved Trip advantage allows you to pick which the opponent resists with. In general, it's effective to pick the skill your opponent has a lower modifier in as your opponent's trip resist check (made even sweeter if they had no ranks in Acrobatics, in which case that's the one you pick since it's a Trained Only skill). Anywho, at the same time as you Trip attack lands, you've slammed into your opponent for Strength Based Damage 4 and the chance of "throwing" you opponent back about 30 feet (assuming rank 2 mass for your average individual).

I dont think you can link to an action, such as a Trip Action. That sounds like it need a Reaction or Trigger.
As to the Damaging Move Objects, it could only do damage or knockback, not both. Damaging Move Object works like Strength, you can grab and throw or grab and squeeze, but not both.
As my array slot is linked to Strength Based Damage, the damage portion is already covered.
It might be better to Link it the Damage Portion Of Strength Array(Martial Strikes is what I call it).

By the way I don't believe the Improved Trip does not need to be Linked, and should it also should allow tripping w/out penalty.

dream
12-12-2014, 01:09 PM
It's not that complicated: M&M2 & 3 use Knockback (Maybe M&M1). Knockback [Damage rank - Toughness) drives the target backwards, resulting in the Prone condition (knocked-down).

Easy-peasy.