PDA

View Full Version : [3e IC] Crinosverse: Time After Time: Finale



Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Yeoman
05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
Episode 1: Distant Knights (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342)
Episode 2: School Daze (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1364048#p1364048)
Episode 3: Land of the Rising Sun (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1372777#p1372777)
Episode 4: Out of Time (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1382241#p1382241)
Episode 5: The Wolf Time (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1392552#p1392552)
Episode 6: The Long Long Ago (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1395611#p1395611)
Episode 7: Steel Dawn (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=219342&p=1405345#p1405345)
Interludes (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time?p=2491&viewfull=1#post2491)
Episode 8: Changes (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time?p=6862&viewfull=1#post6862)
Episode 9: Invaders (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time?p=18868#post18868)
Episode 10: Trial of the Stargirl (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time-Invaders?p=27156&viewfull=1#post27156)
Episode 11: Teddy Bear Junction (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time-Invaders?p=33360#post33360)
Episode 12: Victorian Royal Rumble (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time-Teddy-Bear-Junction?p=45117&viewfull=1#post45117)
Interludes: One Day More (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time-Victorian-Royal-Rumble?p=56059#post56059)
Episode 13: What Lies Beyond (http://roninarmy.com/threads/134-Crinosverse-Time-After-Time-Interludes-2?p=57582&viewfull=1#post57582)

The Story So Far: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT6LFOIofRE)

Taken from your homes times, the seven of you have been thrust into time after time with little to no explanation. Seemingly placed against a woman known as Glortih, servant of the Time Trapper, the chaos that waits at the end of time. You've picked up the errant Magi Puella Francine, and are seemingly being manipulated by a group of time travellrs that include at least the enigmatic Sailor Pluto, self styled mystical guardian of time, and Zen Fudo, who seems to delight in attempts to confuse you.

Now left on the planet Cybertron, at the creation of the ancient Centurion Machines, guardians of life and time. You've repelled Glorith and her Pawn, Timothy Temple, but Wraiths, cold beings of shadow infest the foundry that Genia and Dr. Panik are attempting to shut down, while the rest of you face Megatronus, Fallen child of the machine god Primus.

And, now, the Conclusion of Steel Dawn.

Geanie and Panik, you are at the foot of a 30 foot console, the rest of you face Megatronus, with the initive at:

Megatronus
CaptainThunderchild
Barney
Dr. Bumil
Tycho
Hikeshi (In Centurion Machine 19)

And it is Barney's turn.

Enigmatic One
05-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1
COND: -3

Barney stepped through, and gauging the size of the foe ahead made a weaving charge to open him up for his companions to get better and harder strikes in.


Aid action for Hakeshi's next attack: 1d20+15=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489011/)
Acrobatic Feint [Move]: 1d20+10=23 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489014/)

Crinos
05-02-2014, 06:43 PM
Panik turns back to Geanie, "So... as I was saying, how are your climbing skills. As you may recall, mine stink."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-02-2014, 07:17 PM
Geanie
HP/LP: 0
Condition: -1 Hit, Fatigued [-1 speed = 15 ft]

"Mine is great, just hope I'm not too worn out to make it in time."

Geanie draws on all her natural endurance and years of running away from things to hoof it as fast as she can to the console. Which is about as fast as an average human can walk.

Athletics: 1d20+10=30 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489070/)

Crinos
05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Geanie
HP/LP: 0
Condition: -1 Hit, Fatigued [-1 speed = 15 ft]

"Mine is great, just hope I'm not too worn out to make it in time."

Geanie draws on all her natural endurance and years of running away from things to hoof it as fast as she can to the console. Which is about as fast as an average human can walk.

Panik sighs, "Great job, now you can come back down so I can give you my hourglass so you can use it to help you shut down the forge."

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1
COND: -3

Barney stepped through, and gauging the size of the foe ahead made a weaving charge to open him up for his companions to get better and harder strikes in.


The aid is successful and he is vulnerable to your next action And it's Dr. Bumil's turn.


Geanie
HP/LP: 0
Condition: -1 Hit, Fatigued [-1 speed = 15 ft]

"Mine is great, just hope I'm not too worn out to make it in time."

Geanie draws on all her natural endurance and years of running away from things to hoof it as fast as she can to the console. Which is about as fast as an average human can walk.


You manage to somehow casually climb the theoretically smooth surface to the console. You can see a wide array of buttons levers and knobs.

(Technology or straight INT check, and Cri may use the same to aid you if you describe it to him)).

flynnarrel
05-03-2014, 12:18 AM
Dr. Bumil



" How about a little of that charm of yours, Doctor Bumil? I have no doubt that tongue of yours could convince the mountain stone to move... Time to boast that you convinced a planet itself to stir awake! " Hakeshi Tanjo sound as he felt the ground around him quiver and shake.


Bumil stands up straighter. "Sorry Jennie, I'll make disappear some peanuts for you later." He says letting the elephant vanish back to Magic-Space. Jennie, for her part, looks non-plussed at this latest development.

Bumil clears his throat. With a mental command, the Ring translates his words into universal machine language, beaming it directly to Lord Primus. He stands to address the being directly.


ring variable to Communicate: Machines

"Lord Primus, your people need you. They need your wisdom, your guidance, your leadership. It is time now to awake and gaze upon all you have created."


diplomacy (1d20+0=19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4486343/) Not bad

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Geanie
HP/LP: 0
Condition: -1 Hit, Fatigued [-1 speed = 15 ft]

You manage to somehow casually climb the theoretically smooth surface to the console. You can see a wide array of buttons levers and knobs.

(Technology or straight INT check, and Cri may use the same to aid you if you describe it to him)).

Intellect: 1d20+0=11 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489383/)
"Okay Doc, I think you're going to have to talk me through this: there's a big glowy thing over here to the side, something that looks like a bank of multi-directional switches without the flippy lever part over here, a large bar switch up top, a couple of big red buttons......"

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Dr. Bumil



Bumil stands up straighter. "Sorry Jennie, I'll make disappear some peanuts for you later." He says letting the elephant vanish back to Magic-Space. Jennie, for her part, looks non-plussed at this latest development.

Bumil clears his throat. With a mental command, the Ring translates his words into universal machine language, beaming it directly to Lord Primus. He stands to address the being directly.



"Lord Primus, your people need you. They need your wisdom, your guidance, your leadership. It is time now to awake and gaze upon all you have created."

The shaking across the planet increases and you can start to see Primus' eyes open.

Kreuz, your turn.

Kreuzritter
05-03-2014, 11:07 AM
1d20+4=5 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489678/)

hp to reroll: 1d20+4=6 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489680/) + 10 reroll bonus = 16


roll vs knockback: 1d20+12=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4489682/)

tycho fires, but the recoil sends him flying back across the carvern

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 01:29 PM
tycho fires, but the recoil sends him flying back across the carvern

Sadly your shot goes wild.

"AW! You missed! Try again !"

Mettaur, your turn.

Mettaur2
05-03-2014, 03:26 PM
Battle Man
HP: 0, Cnd: Normal, Piloting CM

With the cockpit open, Battle Man was able to glance aside to see the portal whirl open. " Looks like this battle is turning more in our favor, Fallen Angel." He said with a smirk as Barney came charging in with his amazing display of agility, but he didn't seem to be going in for the strike... Which meant...

" Got it. " Awaiting for the right moment, Battle Man pushed the controls forward to drive 19 forward with a pistol packed right hook, pressing in on the first opening he saw when Megatronus became distracted by the victorian martial artist.

" HOOK! "

Attack 1 1d20+5=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4490027/), Using HP to reroll, 1d20+5=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4490030/) +10 for 25 to hit.DC 35 [Penetrating 15]

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Battle Man
HP: 0, Cnd: Normal, Piloting CM

With the cockpit open, Battle Man was able to glance aside to see the portal whirl open. " Looks like this battle is turning more in our favor, Fallen Angel." He said with a smirk as Barney came charging in with his amazing display of agility, but he didn't seem to be going in for the strike... Which meant...

" Got it. " Awaiting for the right moment, Battle Man pushed the controls forward to drive 19 forward with a pistol packed right hook, pressing in on the first opening he saw when Megatronus became distracted by the victorian martial artist.

" HOOK! "


I assume you're using Power attack to get the damage that high, in the future, please note if you're using Power attack, all out attack/anything that changes attack/defense/damage. -1 toughness, dazed.

Your punch leaves Megatronus dazed, but angry. However, before I can strike back, Primus' eyes open wide, greenish blue light filling the room.

You can see Number 19's remaining eye open wide, as a lance of energy lashes out at Megatronus and he bellows, "BURN."

As the beam strikes him, megatronus scream out in agony, his entire body ablaze, and he begins stumbling away from Primus, back towards the outside.


Cri, waiting on you to see if you're aiding Silvercat on your end

Mettaur2
05-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Sorry about that, was a bit rushed with that post. I'll try to remember in the future.


" Amazing... " Battle Man gazed out of the cockpit and up at 19's face in awe at the lance of energy that had fired from its visage, having never expected the centurion machine of possessing such power. Though, as it did so he did turn his gaze also towards Primus' with its eyes open wide, casting the whole room in the light, even illuminating the hollow form of his old body still on the floor and SHADOW driver near its face.

" That's how you do it, Doctor Bumil! " He shouted down to him, clapping his hands to cheer on the brilliant man with only a grim gaze aside saved for the tumbeling and burning Megatronus as he sits back in the seat and crosses his arms.

" Megatronus... You reap the cost of the choices you make. Evil choices beget evil rewards... This is my council to you."

Kreuzritter
05-03-2014, 06:44 PM
THERE IS NO MEGATRONUS.... Tycho says before whatever he was channeling run out and he drops to the ground, stowing Genki Jr.

"Only The Fallen.", he says, panting from the exertion of whatever he'd done this fight, sounding like he has a massive hangover. "Gat, I need a Saint's flow...

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Crinos, still waiting for your roll before we can proceed.

Crinos
05-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Crinos, still waiting for your roll before we can proceed.

Oh sorry.

http://orokos.com/roll/189082 1d20-2=13. Actually not bad considering, but I doubt it lets me get up there. Which is why my intention was to give Geanie my hourglass and let her close the forge.

Yeoman
05-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Oh sorry.

http://orokos.com/roll/189082 1d20-2=13. Actually not bad considering, but I doubt it lets me get up there. Which is why my intention was to give Geanie my hourglass and let her close the forge.


The Gem and the Hourglass need time to bond to a new user. She couldn't have used it anyway.

The two of you aren't really able to figure much out. Geanie tries twisting a few knobs the size of her whole body but nothing much seems to happen.

After a few seconds a greenish blue light fills the entire forge, and the wraiths begins moving in droves out of the forge, fleeing as if in blind terror.

Down below, you see Primus' eyes shine brightly for a moment, before slowly closing again.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-04-2014, 06:39 AM
THERE IS NO MEGATRONUS.... Tycho says before whatever he was channeling run out and he drops to the ground, stowing Genki Jr.

"Only The Fallen.", he says, panting from the exertion of whatever he'd done this fight, sounding like he has a massive hangover. "Gat, I need a Saint's flow...

Thunderchild hand's Tycho his flask. "Not the same as your magic future purple drink but just as good."

Looking at the fire engulfed Megatronus he winced. "OOH that's got to hurt. It's like something out of a Bible passage. In this case literally real wrath of god stuff."

Kreuzritter
05-04-2014, 06:47 AM
"Y'alright, Bill," Tycho says as he takes a sip, but only a sip, before passing the flask back

"you missed a bit," he adds, "I kinda did whatever it was Bumil did when we weren't up against Cap'n Crazypants-on-head."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-04-2014, 07:19 AM
"Y'alright, Bill," Tycho says as he takes a sip, but only a sip, before passing the flask back

"you missed a bit," he adds, "I kinda did whatever it was Bumil did when we weren't up against Cap'n Crazypants-on-head."

Thunderchild nodded taking the flask back. "Ah yes. Do you future people have a word for that because my vocabulary doesn't quite cover it. Closest I can think of is the old word Berserker but it doesn't quite encompass the righteous fury bit. So on our end Barney and I ran into Glorith again. We also restored what I if I had to guess was the robotic being that these Centurion Machines are based on. In fact that Number 7 one looks almost exactly like her. Apparently she's from Earth. Hearing that Earth will have a space fleet some day and build things like that makes me proud to be born on that particular ball of dirt floating in the void. Solus got pretty banged up though."

Crinos
05-04-2014, 07:26 AM
The two of you aren't really able to figure much out. Geanie tries twisting a few knobs the size of her whole body but nothing much seems to happen.

After a few seconds a greenish blue light fills the entire forge, and the wraiths begins moving in droves out of the forge, fleeing as if in blind terror.

Down below, you see Primus' eyes shine brightly for a moment, before slowly closing again.

Panik hangs from the side of the console.

"Well, that worked out.... I think." Panik drops down. "I think."

Yeoman
05-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Thunderchild nodded taking the flask back. "Ah yes. Do you future people have a word for that because my vocabulary doesn't quite cover it. Closest I can think of is the old word Berserker but it doesn't quite encompass the righteous fury bit. So on our end Barney and I ran into Glorith again. We also restored what I if I had to guess was the robotic being that these Centurion Machines are based on. In fact that Number 7 one looks almost exactly like her. Apparently she's from Earth. Hearing that Earth will have a space fleet some day and build things like that makes me proud to be born on that particular ball of dirt floating in the void. Solus got pretty banged up though."

Buster Machine number Seven appears through a portal. With her standing next to her Centurion counterpart, they really do look identical. Save the older one has a scarf. "I'm sorry, but, she was far too damaged. She said her... whatever they have for a life force, it's gone."

Meanwhile the two Centurion Machines have made their way to Prima, placing him against the wall. "I'm afraid... I may not have much longer myself." He places his hand against the side of his head, "And the report from Epistemus isn't good either. Hopefully," Prima winces in pain. "Hopefully Alamgamous will return soon. Once the great working is finished, Lord Primus will be left in the hands of him and the smaller children, I fear.

Yeoman
05-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Panik hangs from the side of the console.

"Well, that worked out.... I think." Panik drops down. "I think."

You notice Gen Fudo standing behind you. "It could have been much worse."

Mettaur2
05-04-2014, 01:03 PM
Buster Machine number Seven appears through a portal. With her standing next to her Centurion counterpart, they really do look identical. Save the older one has a scarf. "I'm sorry, but, she was far too damaged. She said her... whatever they have for a life force, it's gone."

Meanwhile the two Centurion Machines have made their way to Prima, placing him against the wall. "I'm afraid... I may not have much longer myself." He places his hand against the side of his head, "And the report from Epistemus isn't good either. Hopefully," Prima winces in pain. "Hopefully Alamgamous will return soon. Once the great working is finished, Lord Primus will be left in the hands of him and the smaller children, I fear.

" Tch. " Hakeshi gazed down, still keeping his arms crossed as he stood up in the cockpit and slowly stepped out, walking his way down the Centurion Machine's leg horizontally as he approached Prima and looked at the massive machine man, standing as tall as he could with his head held high though he was till dwarfed in comparison, even with Primus against the wall.

His eyebrows furrowed, as he searched for something to say, wanting to comfort or reassure the sentient.... Wanting to tell him he did well. Wanting to tell him of all the good that would come of his actions. That the seeds they planted today would flower into greatness in the future he lived in, and beyond even him. He wanted to say that even the darkest of days were mere shadows when illuminated by the hopes of the golden tomorrow. He wanted to say all that, but all he could manage was to place his palm against Primas knee and nod solemnly.

Enigmatic One
05-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1
COND: -3

Barney knew the same thing, but couldn't directly speak of it. "Solus did not strive for nothing, I hope. We all must trust this day was not for naught."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Geanie

You notice Gen Fudo standing behind you. "It could have been much worse."
"Like me accidentally falling on one of these Big Red Buttons."

Yeoman
05-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Geanie

"Like me accidentally falling on one of these Big Red Buttons."

"Yes, yes it would. You should probably come down now."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-04-2014, 06:47 PM
Buster Machine number Seven appears through a portal. With her standing next to her Centurion counterpart, they really do look identical. Save the older one has a scarf. "I'm sorry, but, she was far too damaged. She said her... whatever they have for a life force, it's gone."

Meanwhile the two Centurion Machines have made their way to Prima, placing him against the wall. "I'm afraid... I may not have much longer myself." He places his hand against the side of his head, "And the report from Epistemus isn't good either. Hopefully," Prima winces in pain. "Hopefully Alamgamous will return soon. Once the great working is finished, Lord Primus will be left in the hands of him and the smaller children, I fear.

"Damn. One more score to settle with that bitch Glorith." He spits as he speaks their enemy's name. "The cost is too damn high but we won the day here. The great work that has been set in motion here will continue on."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Between them, numbers seven and nineteen are able to move Prima out of the shaft, allowing you to hook back up with Geanie and Panik, though it looks like most of the delegates have already departed, save Gen Fudo, who remains.

The centurion machines set about doing what they can to make Epistemus and Prima comfortable, and seeing to Solus' remains.

A few of you notice Gen moving behind a some of the machinery, only for the one eyed Zen Fudo to walk out. Which... you're probably not really surprised at, given the similarity of names and personality. He straightens his cravat as he approaches you.

"Well, nasty bit of business, but I've seen it go worse. So, questions before we go to the meeting?"

Crinos
05-05-2014, 05:49 PM
"Yeah, can I put in for some rocket boots or something?" Panik says, "Its pretty sad when the thing that beats us is a console I can't reach."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
"Yeah, can I put in for some rocket boots or something?" Panik says, "Its pretty sad when the thing that beats us is a console I can't reach."

"The last month of your life, and that's your question? If you can have rocket boots? You'll have to ask Dr. Tomorrow about that. I do harnessing the power of mind and emotion."

Mettaur2
05-05-2014, 05:58 PM
" I'm sorry... Could you repeat that? 'last month of your life'? " Hakeshi said as he stepped up behind him and placed his hand upon the mans shoulder, turning to look at him squarely in the eye.

Kreuzritter
05-05-2014, 05:59 PM
"a month?" Tycho asks, before shrugging, "yeh, sounds about right. been a good four years or so"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-05-2014, 06:01 PM
"The last month of your life, and that's your question? If you can have rocket boots? You'll have to ask Dr. Tomorrow about that. I do harnessing the power of mind and emotion."

"Now hold on just one bloody minute there. Last Month of his Life? All our lives? Did you cryptic time monitoring ninnies just condemn us all to an early grave when you press-ganged up into saving time?" Thunderchild blusters.


"a month?" Tycho asks, before shrugging, "yeh, sounds about right. been a good four years or so"

"What." If anything this seems to make Thunderchild even angrier.

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 06:02 PM
" I'm sorry... Could you repeat that? 'last month of your life'? " Hakeshi said as he stepped up behind him and placed his hand upon the mans shoulder, turning to look at him squarely in the eye.

Looking into his eyes is like staring into a bottomless pit and the sun at the same time.

"Yes. Month. Since Germany. Give or take a few days."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 06:05 PM
"Now hold on just one bloody minute there. Last Month of his Life? All our lives? Did you cryptic time monitoring ninnies just condemn us all to an early grave when you press-ganged up into saving time?" Thunderchild blusters.

"Sir! I take offense at that! I am no time traveler. Also I believe you misunderstood my statement as one refereeing to mortality rather than the passage of relative time since your journey throughout actual time began.

Enigmatic One
05-05-2014, 06:09 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney cleared his throat sharply. "Those are ominous sounding words, Mr. Fudo. Perhaps you might elaborate, sir?"

Kreuzritter
05-05-2014, 06:10 PM
"What." If anything this seems to make Thunderchild even angrier.

"Where I'm from," Tycho says, "Life is nasty, brutal and short. Doubly so you're a bioroid replicant like me. even military models like my old chummer Roy live maybe 4, 5 years, tops. a Double digit lived bioroid is REALLY frakkin old by our standards."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney cleared his throat sharply. "Those are ominous sounding words, Mr. Fudo. Perhaps you might elaborate, sir?"

"Could you elaborate on which words you want elaborated on?"

Mettaur2
05-05-2014, 06:15 PM
" Ah... It's been a month? It... feels like years really." Hakeshi said, as he couldn't maintain the gaze for long, not staring into those eyes. It made him feel... It made him feel aware of more, almost.

" Sorry Gen... I think we've just been through a bit." He nodded his head understandingly, patting his shoulder lightly before backing off and walking back towards his discarded shell and crouching by it, looking at the physical appearance he had been living with for so long before he recovered his clothes off of it and picked up the discarded SHADOW Driver.

" Now... Meeting you said?"

Enigmatic One
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney nodded. "So you speak, simply, that we've spent a full month in effect throughout these... travails? Also - will this meaning actually bloody let us know what is going on?"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
"Sir! I take offense at that! I am no time traveler. Also I believe you misunderstood my statement as one refereeing to mortality rather than the passage of relative time since your journey throughout actual time began.

Rage drains away from thunderchild's face replace by confusion. "Okay, wait. I give me a second. Oh OH I think I got it now. You Said Often Frequently only once (https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PlSxfiQ1peY#t=139). I beg pardon. Right other questions. Um The Buster Machine Lass, Nono, is she from the future? Because she's from a time when Earth has a Space fleet while I'm pretty sure this is far earlier in time. Other other question. How do we put down Glorith once and for all. She's stopped us cold before and only her own ineptitude and our dumb luck has kept her from killing us more than once."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 06:17 PM
" Ah... It's been a month? It... feels like years really." Hakeshi said, as he couldn't maintain the gaze for long, not staring into those eyes. It made him feel... It made him feel aware of more, almost.

" Sorry Gen... I think we've just been through a bit." He nodded his head understandingly, patting his shoulder lightly before backing off and walking back towards his discarded shell and crouching by it, looking at the physical appearance he had been living with for so long before he recovered his clothes off of it and picked up the discarded SHADOW Driver.

"Zen. Zen fudo. Gen FUdo is a different man entirely. No sense of fashion," says the man dressed like a pirate fop.

" Now... Meeting you said?"

"Yes. With my contemporaries."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Rage drains away from thunderchild's face replace by confusion. "Okay, wait. I give me a second. Oh OH I think I got it now. You Said Often Frequently only once. I beg pardon. Right other questions. Um The Buster Machine Lass, Nono, is she from the future? Because she's from a time when Earth has a Space fleet while I'm pretty sure this is far earlier in time.

"Separate timeline. Arrived here by a fortuitous accident. She'll stay on for a bit until the Cybertronians can manage on their own before she tries to return home."


Other other question. How do we put down Glorith once and for all. She's stopped us cold before and only her own ineptitude and our dumb luck has kept her from killing us more than once.""Excellent question."

Kreuzritter
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
"By the bling of Benjamin Muthafrakkin King" Tycho groans, "I keep forgetting this aspect of dealing with Johnsons. I no speakee cryptic douchebaggy

Mettaur2
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
" Zakeshi Zanjo... " mumbeling to himself. " No... just no."

Turning back, he nodded his head. " Well then, sounds like we're going to get those answers now... Lead on Mr Zen. We've been through quite a bit now."

Crinos
05-05-2014, 06:43 PM
"A month huh?"

Panik considers, "Huh. So, two things: One, you really need to work on your bedside manner, second: I didn't hear a know about the jet boots."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 07:02 PM
He is NOT saying Panik or anyone else has a month to live. He was incredulous that after everything since the beginning of the campaign all you want is rocket boots.

Crinos
05-05-2014, 07:07 PM
(Sorry.

Also: Panik is a man of practicality. Okay he's not. But Rocket Boots.)

"Indeed, lead o captain my captain.

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-05-2014, 07:09 PM
Geanie

"Eh, rocket boots aren't as great as they seem. Especially after the first fracture.

"Also: Yay! Exposition time."

flynnarrel
05-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Bumil sat down after staring into the face of Primus. Even the news of the dying condition of the two robot beings deflected off him rather numbly. Oh he followed when he was supposed to follow but just tried to blend into the background while the others talked. As usual, he only understood about a third of what they were saying - space fleets and bioroids and rocket boots, held little meaning for him.

He'd been looking into the full face and eyes of the being as they ponderously shifted from asleep to breifly awake. The light had washed over, and around him and he still had to process the Wisdom they held.

"Lead on." he says, still distracted.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-05-2014, 07:59 PM
(Sorry.

Also: Panik is a man of practicality. Okay he's not. But Rocket Boots.)

"Indeed, lead o captain my captain.

Captain Thunderchild gives Panik a hurt look, Like the one you might see on a kicked puppy. Before grumbling to himself.

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Geanie

"Eh, rocket boots aren't as great as they seem. Especially after the first fracture.

"Also: Yay! Exposition time."

"Yes, I think it may be."

Fudo leads you away, down a in the foundry to an oddly human sized door, that slides open.

Inside is what looks like a cozy looking living room appointed purely in monochrome colors, with a great number of couches. The first person you notice standing is Sailor Pluto, in uniform this time, holding her staff. "I believe the guardian of the gates of time doesn't need introductions," Fudo says. To her left, sitting on a couch are three men, arguing with each other. The first is the Doctor in the long Scarf who took you all out of Germany. On either side of him are an older looking gentleman and shorter man with an umbrella. Geanie recognizes all three as aspects of the same man.

Next, on one of the few easy chairs in the room is a man leaning over a jetpack on the coffee table, tinkering with it. While Panik recognizes him, Fudo points hi out, "Captain Tomorrow, appointed by the self appointed Time Keepers as Guardian of Time. Also, owner of a snazzy jetpack." On the next couch, is Homura Akemi, who some of you will remember from when the Doctor picked you up. Once again drinking tea. She nods slightly in acknowledgement.

"And, I don't believe you've met our other muscle," he says, sidling up to a man with a wild mane of blonde hair sitting next to Homura, who flashes rows of razor sharp teeth at Fudo. "Apparently dear Viral is still working on that sense of humor, and since the Russ in on guard duty and you've met him in any case... Moving on to our last cohort..."

Is an old woman and the end of the couch with Homura and Viral, a shawl around her head, her hands resting on her cane. The tip of which you notice is pulsing with light. And which Geanie can feel is pulsing at opposite times as her trinket from Arion's lab, the artifact he called First Hope. The old woman smiles with crooked teeth in a broad grin, flashing her eyes at Hikeshi, "How's the shin?"

Mettaur2
05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
Hakeshi followed in and looked around at the individuals inside, nodding respectfully to Pluto as one of the only ones he recognized short of the foppishly dressed man sitting amidst two others that seemed oddly... At odds with one another. They had an air about them that seemed to make Hakeshi feel they probably didn't get along together well, in spite of sitting together. Viral however caught Hakeshi's eyes as he put his insectoid hand to his chin thoughtfully... There was something.... unnatural about him. Strange.

The old woman actually suprised him though as he quirked his brow. " Shin? " (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3U-4B8IRsfo/TttFBurS3TI/AAAAAAAAAqY/aJEFMv8XB9g/s1600/Kamen+Rider+Shin.jpg)He asked, a little caught off guard by the question a he looked over the woman and the strange cane... Then squinted his eyes at her broad grin and leaned in for a moment, before widening his eyes.

" You're the little girl who kicked me! "

flynnarrel
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Dr. Bumil

"Ah, I do apologize for the 'mist' so long ago." He says to the old lady.

Enigmatic One
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"And for Arion having to deal with the theft. Unfortunately, the best route was the long-shot route."

Yeoman
05-05-2014, 09:55 PM
The old woman actually suprised him though as he quirked his brow. " Shin? " (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-3U-4B8IRsfo/TttFBurS3TI/AAAAAAAAAqY/aJEFMv8XB9g/s1600/Kamen+Rider+Shin.jpg)He asked, a little caught off guard by the question a he looked over the woman and the strange cane... Then squinted his eyes at her broad grin and leaned in for a moment, before widening his eyes.

" You're the little girl who kicked me! "

She smiles as you with a mad grin. And then slaps her hand on your forehead, gripping your skull. Your head burns for a second before she lets you go. "There, I've unleashed your hidden potential. On the other hand, it's all downhill from here, so enjoy."

From the other end of the couch Homura says, "be nice."

"Ah, got to have my fun somewhere."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"And for Arion having to deal with the theft. Unfortunately, the best route was the long-shot route."

"Nothing he was supposed to have," Fudo says. "He was rather angry about he wall for awhile though."

Enigmatic One
05-05-2014, 10:22 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"Tactic of desperation.... no offense to yourselves and to my companions, but I don't think we're really the best suited group for the assignments we've been given!"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"Tactic of desperation.... no offense to yourselves and to my companions, but I don't think we're really the best suited group for the assignments we've been given!"

"More than once I've had to wonder how,out of all of time and space, we were the best you lot could find." Thunderchild added. "I mean not to speak ill of us but as far as ragtag bands of misfits go its hard to find one more ragged. And I would have thought that you'd want a more precise hand when maintaining history is involved, while we are a rather blunt instrument."

Kreuzritter
05-06-2014, 05:58 AM
"Blunt nothing," Tycho adds, "We're a shotgun"

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 06:20 AM
She smiles as you with a mad grin. And then slaps her hand on your forehead, gripping your skull. Your head burns for a second before she lets you go. "There, I've unleashed your hidden potential. On the other hand, it's all downhill from here, so enjoy."

From the other end of the couch Homura says, "be nice."

"Ah, got to have my fun somewhere."

" Gah! " Hakeshi stumbled back as he grabbed his forehead and blinked, rubbing it for a moment as he rolled his eyes up. " Full potential huh? I...... I don't feel that different. "

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"Tactic of desperation.... no offense to yourselves and to my companions, but I don't think we're really the best suited group for the assignments we've been given!"

"As you said," Sailor Pluto says, "Tactic of desperation. You go to war with the army you have. The eight of you were temporally convenient."

"Besides," Tomorrow says, looking up from his jetpack, "The point of everything so far was to acclimate you to this sort of work. Well, that and deal with a few of the smaller problems."

Kreuzritter
05-06-2014, 08:12 AM
" Gah! " Hakeshi stumbled back as he grabbed his forehead and blinked, rubbing it for a moment as he rolled his eyes up. " Full potential huh? I...... I don't feel that different. "

"She did say it's all downhill from here," Tycho says

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 08:13 AM
" Gah! " Hakeshi stumbled back as he grabbed his forehead and blinked, rubbing it for a moment as he rolled his eyes up. " Full potential huh? I...... I don't feel that different. "

"Oh, no, trust me. You are totally different. True potential unlocked. Awesome power and responsibility."

Crinos
05-06-2014, 08:20 AM
"As you said," Sailor Pluto says, "Tactic of desperation. You go to war with the army you have. The eight of you were temporally convenient."

"Besides," Tomorrow says, looking up from his jetpack, "The point of everything so far was to acclimate you to this sort of work. Well, that and deal with a few of the smaller problems."

Panik looks at them, "Those were smaller problems?"

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 08:26 AM
Panik looks at them, "Those were smaller problems?"

"Oh, yes," The middle of the Doctors chimes in. "Glortih hadn't had figured out how to dig into the power of the Time Trapper's mantle, and, except for the last, hadn't brought any wraiths with her. Not to mention they were at periods where damage to the time stream was containable."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 08:54 AM
"Oh, yes," The middle of the Doctors chimes in. "Glortih hadn't had figured out how to dig into the power of the Time Trapper's mantle, and, except for the last, hadn't brought any wraiths with her. Not to mention they were at periods where damage to the time stream was containable."

Thunderchild does not like the sound of that. "This is not filling me with confidence. So if I understand you, she's now figured out her magic time shawl, has more power at her disposal, and can summon an army of minions. I go back to the question I asked before we got to the meeting...How the hell do we put her down for good?" His hand strays towards his precious booze flask.

flynnarrel
05-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Dr. Bumil

"Also, what are your intentions for us going forward? You've shanghiaed us; press-ganged us into this war that you couldn't fight yourselves. I'm all for doing the right thing and helping out, but asking would have been nice." He says to the room at large.

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Geanie

"....but asking would have been nice."
"We might have said 'No'."

<beat>

"Okay, you guys might have said 'No'."

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 10:20 AM
Thunderchild does not like the sound of that. "This is not filling me with confidence. So if I understand you, she's now figured out her magic time shawl, has more power at her disposal, and can summon an army of minions. I go back to the question I asked before we got to the meeting...How the hell do we put her down for good?" His hand strays towards his precious booze flask.

"The same way as anyone else," Viral grumbles. "Just a lot harder to get close and seal the deal."


Dr. Bumil

"Also, what are your intentions for us going forward? You've shanghiaed us; press-ganged us into this war that you couldn't fight yourselves. I'm all for doing the right thing and helping out, but asking would have been nice." He says to the room at large.


Geanie

"We might have said 'No'."

<beat>

"Okay, you guys might have said 'No'."

"Oh, I like her!" the old woman cackles madly and the head of her cane seems to glow... emphatically somehow, and Geanie can feel a warm glow from her artifact.

"Be that as it may," Pluto says. "Do not confuse cannot with should not. Together we could destroy Lori Morning. And in return the Trapper would begin taking direct action. And that is a confrontation we cannot win. We require agents to act through. Our 'muscle' is already busy keeping an eye on the Trapper. We required agents. And trusted Apollonius with the task."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
"The same way as anyone else," Viral grumbles. "Just a lot harder to get close and seal the deal."

"You're helpful information has led me to the conclusion I am far too sober for this." Thunderchild shakes his flask and frowns. Clearly he does not have sufficient liquid coping mechanism "I don't suppose this fancy meeting room has a liquor cabinet?"


"Oh, I like her!" the old woman cackles madly and the head of her cane seems to glow... emphatically somehow, and Geanie can feel a warm glow from her artifact.

"Be that as it may," Pluto says. "Do not confuse cannot with should not. Together we could destroy Lori Morning. And in return the Trapper would begin taking direct action. And that is a confrontation we cannot win. We require agents to act through. Our 'muscle' is already busy keeping an eye on the Trapper. We required agents. And trusted Apollonius with the task."

"Well I guess its worked out for you so far. I mean we probably haven't managed to bullocks things up too much."

Enigmatic One
05-06-2014, 10:31 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"I see. But let's be clear from the beginning. What exactly is the goal of all this against the Trapper, this representative of the 'End of All Time'?"

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
"You're helpful information has led me to the conclusion I am far too sober for this." Thunderchild shakes his flask and frowns. Clearly he does not have sufficient liquid coping mechanism "I don't suppose this fancy meeting room has a liquor cabinet?"

"We did up until the first time Russ attended one."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

"I see. But let's be clear from the beginning. What exactly is the goal of all this against the Trapper, this representative of the 'End of All Time'?"

"Well," Fudo says, speaking for the first time since he entered. "I think it's time I kept my promise and you learned everything. But first, how much do any of you know about the beginning?"

Crinos
05-06-2014, 11:08 AM
"Of the universe?" Panik says, "I only know no one is allowed to travel there. I think I've seen some stills of it once, it looks like a big hand closing in on a nebula right?"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 11:25 AM
"We did up until the first time Russ attended one."

"Having briefly met the man that makes entirely too much sense. Damn and blast."

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 11:26 AM
"Of the universe?" Panik says, "I only know no one is allowed to travel there. I think I've seen some stills of it once, it looks like a big hand closing in on a nebula right?"

"Not just of your universe. Of everything."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Geanie

"Of the universe?" Panik says, "I only know no one is allowed to travel there. I think I've seen some stills of it once, it looks like a big hand closing in on a nebula right?"
"I heard it looked like a Michal Bay movie."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 03:48 PM
"She did say it's all downhill from here," Tycho says

" ... Just like Moonlight Mask ... " Hakeshi said with a slump of his shoulders.



"Well," Fudo says, speaking for the first time since he entered. "I think it's time I kept my promise and you learned everything. But first, how much do any of you know about the beginning?"

Getting serious once more, he straightened up and furrowed his brow thoughtfully. " I know less so than Doctor Panik or probably Geanie. I would have discounted anything as rumor and theory... But considering now that we step through time as easily as we step from room to room... My ability to accept things have been broadened.

How did 'the beginning' begin?"

Kreuzritter
05-06-2014, 03:59 PM
"Time trapper appears, you guys team up to fight it, it either contracts glorith to run for it or she finds its loot, decides to rewrite history in its favor, supposedly steals one of your little notebooks, but seems to think she's been hired to do pretty much the same thing as us, but with opposite results, bunch of other stuff we should know, but the one with the nose and bad teeth birks the job and we wind up in Germany.

flynnarrel
05-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Dr. Bumil

"Words are really different where you're from, aren't they?" He says to Tycho with a modicum of confusion.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 05:03 PM
" ... Just like Moonlight Mask ... " Hakeshi said with a slump of his shoulders.


"I don't know what that is...but it sounds disappointing." Thunderchild added.

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 05:08 PM
"Time trapper appears, you guys team up to fight it, it either contracts glorith to run for it or she finds its loot, decides to rewrite history in its favor, supposedly steals one of your little notebooks, but seems to think she's been hired to do pretty much the same thing as us, but with opposite results, bunch of other stuff we should know, but the one with the nose and bad teeth birks the job and we wind up in Germany.

"Congratulations! I have never before seen someone hit every salient point but leave out the truth of something!"



Getting serious once more, he straightened up and furrowed his brow thoughtfully. " I know less so than Doctor Panik or probably Geanie. I would have discounted anything as rumor and theory... But considering now that we step through time as easily as we step from room to room... My ability to accept things have been broadened.

How did 'the beginning' begin?"

"At the beginning of all things was Edanth, the first world and Unus, the first being, and one perfect moment. And then it became something other than perfect. Because for perfections to change, it had to be somethign other than perfection.

"Unus, alone in creation created the Alphians. Beautiful godlike beings. Understand this is the condensed version, just what you need to understand the magnitude of this. As the multi-verse formed, the Alphians found the brightest and most magnificent of the forming worlds, called Phos, with it's champion Phoros.

"And together they set about taming the Multi-verse. Until Phoros betrayed them. He had stared too deeply into Entropy and found it Beautiful. In time he became Omega. Are we all familiar with Omega? And Omega would murder his own people, and the Alphians. Many of whom were things that could not die so easily.

"Some entered the cycle of reincarnation, and become lesser beings, others, like Primus and Autocthon hid amongst the worlds, and found other ways to survive. In the case of those two, over time they became so similar as to be facets of each other. Surviving by becoming one.

"The point of this, the force that changed perfection, the force that unravels time, that Omega witnessed and was changed by, all of that is Entropy. The Time Trapper is the end of all things, of Entropy run wild.

"Are you with me so far?"

Crinos
05-06-2014, 05:12 PM
"I think so." Panik says, "So since Omega was benched by the Avengers, that means Time Trapper has decided to take a more active role into destroying the multiverse."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 05:18 PM
"Congratulations! I have never before seen someone hit every salient point but leave out the truth of something!"

"Lad's got a way with words."



"The point of this, the force that changed perfection, the force that unravels time, that Omega witnessed and was changed by, all of that is Entropy. The Time Trapper is the end of all things, of Entropy run wild.

"Are you with me so far?"

Thunderchild spend a moment wrapping his head around this, also having Polly record it. "So the Time Trapper is change...but to the point where everything is ground down and destroyed. I am not a scholarly man but I think I can grasp that. Mostly anyways. Carry on."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 05:22 PM
" 'Perfection'. It was Utopia... Literally something that cannot exist. Merely existing caused it to lose perfection. " Hakeshi pondered as he moved to sit and listen, staring earnestly as he listened and nodded. " So it's as we were told, it's 'the end of everything'. Not some glorified goal of a madman, but the void... Non-existance as perfect as pre-existance.

And Omega was that invasion... I think i'm begining to understand, yes. I'm with you." Nodding.

Crinos
05-06-2014, 05:26 PM
"Actually Utopia was a secret land that was made up of survivors of Atlantis." Panik says, "It remained hidden until 2046, when it joined the UN."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 05:30 PM
"Actually Utopia was a secret land that was made up of survivors of Atlantis." Panik says, "It remained hidden until 2046, when it joined the UN."

Hakeshi's head slumps down at this, as he nodded and held up one finger. " Alright. At this point I have to ask... Santa Claus?"

Crinos
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Hakeshi's head slumps down at this, as he nodded and held up one finger. " Alright. At this point I have to ask... Santa Claus?"

"Russian Technomancer." Panik says, "Also has an army of Yetis who make the toys for him."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 05:34 PM
"Russian Technomancer." Panik says, "Also has an army of Yetis who make the toys for him."

" Now... see.... These are words I expect from Geanie. But you're the one saying them." Hakeshi said, motioning between the two of them before turning his attention back to their employers. "I apologize for the non sequitur."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Geanie

" Now... see.... These are words I expect from Geanie. But you're the one saying them." Hakeshi said, motioning between the two of them before turning his attention back to their employers. "I apologize for the non sequitur."
"There have been multiple Santas. I mean in my time Santa is a dead machine god who comes back to life once a year and delivers presents with the help of his bird-man redshirt assistant."

Enigmatic One
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1


"There have been multiple Santas. I mean in my time Santa is a dead machine god who comes back to life once a year and delivers presents with the help of his bird-man redshirt assistant."

"Geanie. NO. Now, you were saying, Mr. Fudo?"

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 07:43 PM
"Russian Technomancer." Panik says, "Also has an army of Yetis who make the toys for him."

"Maybe in your time," the old woman says. "I have fond memories of our team ups. And when he took over the Aesir, things got interesting for awhile."

"Yes." Pluto says, trying to rerail the conversation. "As for the servants of the Trapper: Temple is unimportant. His sole obsession was destroying the Bay City Sentinels, and is largely not subtle enough for the Time Trapper's machinations. The wraith's are tiny bits of Entropy given form."

"Which is why their remains can empower the Magi Puella, who were created by the Incubators to stave off the heat death of the universe.," Chimes in a new arrival, that looks the same as the incubator you saw on Cybertron. "Apologizes for my lateness," he says cheerfully. "For some reason your gaurd dog didn't want to let me in."

You can see Homura and her couch-mates go cold at the creature's arrival as Pluto continues. "As far as Glorith is concerned, her cover story at the Avengers Academy is the closest we have determined. A young girl named Lori Morning, that survived the destruction of her reality at the hands of Omega and who was raised by Tomen the Archivist, last of the true Alpharians in the Terminus. Her exact reasons for serving the Trapper have eluded us, and you may wish to prioritize uncovering them.

"Further, yes, she has one of our books. This is another reason beyond paradox that he have been vague with you. The enemy is capable of listening in on any conversation we have with them."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-06-2014, 07:58 PM
You can see Homura and her couch-mates go cold at the creature's arrival as Pluto continues. "As far as Glorith is concerned, her cover story at the Avengers Academy is the closest we have determined. A young girl named Lori Morning, that survived the destruction of her reality at the hands of Omega and who was raised by Tomen the Archivist, last of the true Alpharians in the Terminus. Her exact reasons for serving the Trapper have eluded us, and you may wish to prioritize uncovering them.

"Further, yes, she has one of our books. This is another reason beyond paradox that he have been vague with you. The enemy is capable of listening in on any conversation we have with them."

Thunderchild was trying very hard to hold down the urge to punt the little bugger. Very hard. "So why give us the books if that line of communication has been compromised?

(OOC: Where did Francine go? shouldn't she be trying to bury an axe into bunny-cat's skull right now?)

Enigmatic One
05-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney immediately looked for Francine and waved a hand for her to stay back and not dive in with axes and murderous intent.

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 08:20 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney immediately looked for Francine and waved a hand for her to stay back and not dive in with axes and murderous intent.

Francine has produced her Axe and makes a flying leap at the Incubator.

Only for the old woman to grab the handle in mid swing, leaving Francine dangling in mid air. "Little ****'s mine once we're done."


Thunderchild was trying very hard to hold down the urge to punt the little bugger. Very hard. "So why give us the books if that line of communication has been compromised?

Doctor Tomorrow speaks up this time, "It allows us to know what they know we know. Also it's a pre-existing form of cross temporal communication, and it's not exactly easy to make a new one."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Hakeshi nods as he listens, hmming then as he clasps his hands under his chin thoughtfully. " Then I suppose the most important bit of information now is.... Can you send us back where you plucked us from? Right now. And beyond 'can', 'will' you if we choose to no longer be a part of this?" Glancing over with a raised brow.

" This adventure has been entirely against our will. We were stolen from our home without our permission, dropped in places and times where we did not belong and sent on a merry little chase following dangeling clues and putting us at the mercy of things that are beyond us. Even Francine only got involved because she chased along after Glorith and has been following us.... And the only reason till now we have been going along is because we had no way to go home. We were fellow strangers in a strange land.

Can we say 'no'."

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Hakeshi nods as he listens, hmming then as he clasps his hands under his chin thoughtfully. " Then I suppose the most important bit of information now is.... Can you send us back where you plucked us from? Right now. And beyond 'can', 'will' you if we choose to no longer be a part of this?" Glancing over with a raised brow.

" This adventure has been entirely against our will. We were stolen from our home without our permission, dropped in places and times where we did not belong and sent on a merry little chase following dangeling clues and putting us at the mercy of things that are beyond us. Even Francine only got involved because she chased along after Glorith and has been following us.... And the only reason till now we have been going along is because we had no way to go home. We were fellow strangers in a strange land.

Can we say 'no'."

"If that is your wish, I will not force you," Sailor Pluto says, while most of the others look a bit crestfallen.

And the old woman stands from the couch, her hands still resting on her cane, though from her posture you're not entirely sure she needs it. "Or you can fight for the best of causes. If this doesn't succeed, the universe, all universes, end. That's it. Not in your lifetimes, not in the lifetimes of anyone you're likely to know. But that's it. And when it's over, nothing anyone you've ever met has done will have mattered.

"All their hopes and dreams and struggles and lives, for nothing. Yours. Your families, your loved ones, everyone you've met, before and on your journeys. Of all the Magi Puella who sacrificed to give the universe just a bit more life with their wishes.

"If you're the sort to walk away from that, than good riddance. Then I'll fight the Trapper myself. And die. And it will mean nothing. But for one glorious instant, it will be because I chose to represent all life, all hope, from the dawn of time to the very end."

Mettaur2
05-06-2014, 09:59 PM
" All things must end. Isn't that a lesson we should learn from the beginning? That perfection is fleeting, that things decay..... fade... and eventually must end? Does the fact that some day everything will end cheapen the beauty of the time we do have? I'm going to die. I will die. Because one day I will die, does that mean everything I do till then means nothing?" The tall bugman said, looking between the crestfallen people.

" That's normal. That's life and existence. But it rubs me... It grates and itches and makes me angry." He said, clenching his hands together. " glorith said something similar before.... In Tokyo. It chaffed me then as well. The idea of an 'end'. It's like some surrender, and I can't stand that!" Standing with anger in his eyes.

" But similarly I can't stand what you just said! It makes my blood boil. ' For nothing! ' " He said, spitting as he said it.

" So what if everything ends? So what if noone remembers us, if there is no legacy, no future, no.... " The word he was going to say was 'hope', but as his fist quivered, he couldn't bear to say that. No. Not that.

" But I won't be a pawn! I won't be a tool! I won't be trapped in your game. As you said, we can go home and live out full and happy lives.... Our families can. We can live to the fullest that can be expected of us, that ANYONE can expect! This doesn't concern us. It doesn't affect us. "

Turning his back to them, he crossed his arms and tilted back his head. " Send us home if we so choose to."

" But I choose to stay. I'm not a victim here, I'm not a prisoner, and you have nothing to compel or coerce me to do anything but my own will. And my will is to break down that barrier and guarantee a tomorrow for everyone." Keeping his back to the group of time manipulator, he turned his attention to his compatriots, standing between them as if to draw a stark line between them and the people he had been travelling with... Two groups, seperate and free of one another. " I urge everyone else to think on that.... You can go home and lead your life. Despite what they said, there is no reason you have to stay. But if you do stay... Let it be of your own will. Let us transform this band of wayward misfits we were into a team. A group united for a purpose we agree on... To face a threat we now know about and for a goal we share."

Yeoman
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
" All things must end. Isn't that a lesson we should learn from the beginning? That perfection is fleeting, that things decay..... fade... and eventually must end? Does the fact that some day everything will end cheapen the beauty of the time we do have? I'm going to die. I will die. Because one day I will die, does that mean everything I do till then means nothing?" The tall bugman said, looking between the crestfallen people.

"All roads lead to the end. I'll find one that leads beyond if I have to throw reason to the curb and forge teh path beyond with my own hands."

flynnarrel
05-07-2014, 02:43 AM
Dr. Bumil

"See, now, all your words I understand; you just use a lot more of them than you need to, at times."

He says to his dramatic roach friend.

"I also agree that I would have felt better about this whole thing if I knew what I was signing up for, but we're here now. Bad guys to stop."

"So, what is the next move? Strait direction would be good. You know, for a change."

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 04:21 AM
"Aside from the whole save existence because its where we keep all our stuff," Tycho asks, "What's in it for us?"

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-07-2014, 04:58 AM
Geanie

" I urge everyone else to think on that.... You can go home and lead your life. Despite what they said, there is no reason you have to stay. But if you do stay... Let it be of your own will. Let us transform this band of wayward misfits we were into a team. A group united for a purpose we agree on... To face a threat we now know about and for a goal we share."

"Um, this is my life. My time is just where I keep my stuff."

"Aside from the whole save existence because its where we keep all our stuff," Tycho asks, "What's in it for us?"
"Because it's where other people keep their stuff. We're saving the universe, Tycho: it's not just us."

Crinos
05-07-2014, 05:12 AM
Panik looks at Tycho. "Seriously?"

"As for me, well of course I'm in. Not like I got anything better to do with my time. Besides, these guys will be dead in minutes if I don't help them."

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 05:25 AM
And I get that," Tycho says, I really do. We're the Johnson group's runners, and its a good karma one at that. but don't forget I spent a chunk of today with my brain fried or whatever the shock that was I did against the Fallen. you'll excuse me if I like to keep my goals on a scale comprehensible to mortal minds. I mean, these guys are already a step up from the sort I was expecting, where we got picked because we were seconds away from unavoidable deaths, and backing out sends us right back to said deaths

"But I have confidence in our victory. According to Saints mythology, Zinyak flat out destroyed the Earth, but The Boss didn't give up, became Emprah of the whole shockin Zin empire and found a way to UNdestroy Earth while The Boss and the other Saints of Saints were mucking around in time. So. we're gonna find Glorith, roll her, find this Time Trapper, run a Shogo [SHOGO: verb. to give a hated enemy an end without any mercy, honor or respect. named for Shogo Akuji, who was beaten to a pulp and buried alive by The Boss and Johnny Gat when he started a fight at Aisha's burial] on his wrinkly ass. and save all existence as we know it. but like I said, that's pretty heavy stuff.

he turns to the Johnsons

Between glorith and us, Francine's pretty shocked up, so as our homey, I gotta do right by her. we do your job, save existence. but for my reward, you Arco-xecs do everything in your power to UNSHOCK Francine, or I swear, I WILL hunt each and every last one of you down and you will know the wrath of the Saints, just like you were any other Johnson who tries to shock with us, because you'll be no better than

he points at the incubator

Whatever the shock that thing really is

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 05:57 AM
"All roads lead to the end. I'll find one that leads beyond if I have to throw reason to the curb and forge teh path beyond with my own hands."

" If Buddha stands in my path, I will carve a path through him to that tomorrow I seek. But I will do it because that is the path I CHOOSE, not the one I was given. That's living... That's life. Kicking and screaming and fighting like hell even if it only buys us one more moment! I'll wager my soul on that golden tomorrow beyond 'the end'. "


"See, now, all your words I understand; you just use a lot more of them than you need to, at times."
"I also agree that I would have felt better about this whole thing if I knew what I was signing up for, but we're here now. Bad guys to stop."

" The issue is choice. I don't want any of you to be used, same as I don't want to be used. From this moment on, we all should step forward together fully knowing what lays ahead of us. There will be no excuses from this moment on, and I wanted to make it clear." He said, nodding solemnly towards Bumil.

As Tycho speaks, Hakeshi appreciates his concern. " We'll find the solutions ourselves if we have to. As you say, we are comrades in arms from this step onward... "

stavaros-the-arcane
05-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Thunderchild ponders the situation. "Are we just sort of shouting the price of our cooperation now or can we wait until we get the rest of that story, didn't sound like it was finished."

But Thunderchild already had a price in mind, and if anyone could make it happen it would probably be this lot.

Enigmatic One
05-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney cleared his throat. "I think the key element here is missing from the answers. How does what we do contribute towards making a path through the Time Trapper?"

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Dr. Bumil

"See, now, all your words I understand; you just use a lot more of them than you need to, at times."

He says to his dramatic roach friend.

"I also agree that I would have felt better about this whole thing if I knew what I was signing up for, but we're here now. Bad guys to stop."

"So, what is the next move? Strait direction would be good. You know, for a change."

"Don't think so linerally when Time Travel is involved," The older looking of the Doctors advises. "But form here out, after one last lesson, we should be able to provide you a bit more freedom of movement. More choice in where you're headed."



Between glorith and us, Francine's pretty shocked up, so as our homey, I gotta do right by her. we do your job, save existence. but for my reward, you Arco-xecs do everything in your power to UNSHOCK Francine, or I swear, I WILL hunt each and every last one of you down and you will know the wrath of the Saints, just like you were any other Johnson who tries to shock with us, because you'll be no better than

he points at the incubator

Whatever the shock that thing really is

Homura shakes her head. "I'm sorry. Nothing I've ever seen can reverse the transformation into a Magi Puella. Even trying to undo it with time travel can be... dangerous. But we can make sure her wish and her pain were not meaningless."

"And I know a few good therapists," the Doctor with the scarf adds.


" If Buddha stands in my path, I will carve a path through him to that tomorrow I seek. But I will do it because that is the path I CHOOSE, not the one I was given. That's living... That's life. Kicking and screaming and fighting like hell even if it only buys us one more moment! I'll wager my soul on that golden tomorrow beyond 'the end'. "


The old woman smiles. "Knew there was a reason I liked you kid. Here, take this," she says handing you a pin in the shape of a stylized skull wreathed in flames. "Do the old gang proud."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney cleared his throat. "I think the key element here is missing from the answers. How does what we do contribute towards making a path through the Time Trapper?"

"It's all about shaping the future," says Fudo. "As I said, all paths will lead to the end. We are attempting to forge a series of events that will lead to something beyond that. The Time Trapper seeks to break that chain of events. Glorith is his instrument in this."

Crinos
05-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Panik considers, "Okay, this may be not cool, but if Glorinth is Tim Trapper's primary agent, why don't we just go back in time and make sure her parents never meet or something."

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 10:38 AM
Panik considers, "Okay, this may be not cool, but if Glorinth is Tim Trapper's primary agent, why don't we just go back in time and make sure her parents never meet or something."

All three Doctor's simultaneously face palm.

Viral growls, "She's from a dimension that's been destroyed by Omega, and spent most of her formative years in the Terminus. There's nothing to travel to."

Crinos
05-07-2014, 10:40 AM
All three Doctor's simultaneously face palm.

Viral growls, "She's from a dimension that's been destroyed by Omega, and spent most of her formative years in the Terminus. There's nothing to travel to."

"Oh right, Yeah." Panik says. "Nevermind then."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-07-2014, 11:07 AM
"Oh right, Yeah." Panik says. "Nevermind then."

Thunderchild nodded. "Frankly it didn't sound like a great plan even without that factor. I am still too sober to want to start thinking about how many paradoxes would crop up."

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Homura shakes her head. "I'm sorry. Nothing I've ever seen can reverse the transformation into a Magi Puella. Even trying to undo it with time travel can be... dangerous. But we can make sure her wish and her pain were not meaningless."

"And I know a few good therapists," the Doctor with the scarf adds.


"You're a Saint" Tycho tells the doc, "It'll do. And I know the whole can't undo what she is now thing, kid. She got her whole world torn out from under her and the only thing that's keeping the Moe Reaper at bay is how much she wants Glorith to go down. Like I said, girl been shocked up by her and us running into her life. Fix it.


Thunderchild nodded. "Frankly it didn't sound like a great plan even without that factor. I am still too sober to want to start thinking about how many paradoxes would crop up."

Tycho nods. the way they talked, it sounded like they already tried erasing her anyway.

So, he asks, "she tips off vandal in the past, tries undoing the Centurion machines or speeding up Fallen going bad, tries killing you... pointing at the crazy woman, "how did the Tokyo and academy capers fit into the gameplan?"

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 12:58 PM
"You're a Saint" Tycho tells the doc, "It'll do. And I know the whole can't undo what she is now thing, kid. She got her whole world torn out from under her and the only thing that's keeping the Moe Reaper at bay is how much she wants Glorith to go down. Like I said, girl been shocked up by her and us running into her life. Fix it.

The room goes quiest enough for you to hear Homura all but whisper, "Don't call her that. Don't ever call her that." Then speaking up. "Madoka Kaneme is not a force of death. She is hope to all the Magi Puella. If it weren't for her, Magical Girl's would become witches when they given in to despair."




So, he asks, "she tips off vandal in the past, tries undoing the Centurion machines or speeding up Fallen going bad, tries killing you... pointing at the crazy woman, "how did the Tokyo and academy capers fit into the gameplan?"

"That's where Glortih gets subtle," the Doctor with the Umbrella says. "The Academy was a small piece in a long game. Attempting to build resentment between Meta-humans and regular humans. The Academy beating one of the best Tankery teams on the planet, with a tank that outperforms what it should be capable of. Just one thing that might tip the scales into war."

"Of course, Savage was also playing a long game. Without the Seven Soldiers the Earth is largely destroyed by the Space Monster called Lavos in 1999.

"But Tokyo was subtle. The Godzilla attack funneled hundreds into that arena. Without your presence her team could have defeated Ranma Saotome and his friends. Which means Saotome would never have faced Sakura Kasugano, beginning their martial rivalry. Without that, the two of them aren't invited to Meta-con 2012. Without that, Meta-con doesn't get quite the attendance it would like. They don't invite Ms. Conner, who doesn't send the Chicago Avengers as a replacement. They don't encounter Hela, Haruhi Suzimiya never finds Centurion Machine One Hundred in her realm, that isn't part of a distraction when the Avengers fight Omega, they die in the Terminus, Omega isn't sidelined."

"Breathe," the older Doctor says, before adding, "In other words, large scale change to the time line that is very hard to track back to that one event."

Crinos
05-07-2014, 01:16 PM
The room goes quiest enough for you to hear Homura all but whisper, "Don't call her that. Don't ever call her that." Then speaking up. "Madoka Kaneme is not a force of death. She is hope to all the Magi Puella. If it weren't for her, Magical Girl's would become witches when they given in to despair."





"

"Oh is that what causes that." Panik says. "Huh. Also, nice to know what the overarching game plan was."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-07-2014, 01:29 PM
"Breathe," the older Doctor says, before adding, "In other words, large scale change to the time line that is very hard to track back to that one event."

"Damn... How you all don't go cross-eyed dealing with this regularly is beyond me, I don't even know what half of those names and events mean. Also we have been damned lucky not to ruin anything in our blundering."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Geanie

"Damn... How you all don't go cross-eyed dealing with this regularly is beyond me....."
"That's because you've never experienced a fandom."

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 03:41 PM
Hakeshi eyed the pin oddly, but seemed to understand as he nodded with a serious expression on his face and accepted it and returned to their discussion.

" Even if we could alter Gloriths past, and I oppose the idea but you pointed out it was bad, that wouldn't change anything. All it would likely do was make Glorith no longer available, and Time Trapper would choose another agent... Best we deal with these issues moving forward, without seeking ways to pre-empt them. Focus on countering, not preventing... As we have been so far.

However... You said this was the.... light work. A way to familiarize ourselves with how to operate, as well as help to lay groundwork and prevent subtle sabotage of the timeline. Which means now the worse is ahead of us."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Geanie

"....Which means now the worse is ahead of us."
"The worst is always ahead of you. Otherwise your character is about to get killed off."

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Hakeshi eyed the pin oddly, but seemed to understand as he nodded with a serious expression on his face and accepted it and returned to their discussion.

" Even if we could alter Gloriths past, and I oppose the idea but you pointed out it was bad, that wouldn't change anything. All it would likely do was make Glorith no longer available, and Time Trapper would choose another agent... Best we deal with these issues moving forward, without seeking ways to pre-empt them. Focus on countering, not preventing... As we have been so far.

However... You said this was the.... light work. A way to familiarize ourselves with how to operate, as well as help to lay groundwork and prevent subtle sabotage of the timeline. Which means now the worse is ahead of us."

"After one last thing you need to see, " Pluto says. "Panik, you and Bumil will come with me."

The old woman beckons to Tycho and Hikeshi. "You two."

And Finally, the oldest of the Doctors says, "Geanie, if you're gather up Mr. Hale and the Captain, we can get to our destination with the TARDIS."

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Hakeshi glanced about at the way they were splitting up, quietly thinking something to himself before nodding his head as he glanced towards Tycho with a nod before turning to follow after her to see what it was she intended to show the two of them seperate from the others.

flynnarrel
05-07-2014, 04:55 PM
Bumil nods and follows.

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Hakeshi glanced about at the way they were splitting up, quietly thinking something to himself before nodding his head as he glanced towards Tycho with a nod before turning to follow after her to see what it was she intended to show the two of them seperate from the others.

Tycho nods back. and font of hope or not, Madoka was there when Francine was about to vanish, ready to escort her wherever magical girls go since they stopped becoming witches. he still thinks of her as the Moe Reaper, and will still call her that, but he'd meant it as respect. he wonders, when he's finally smoked or 'retired', if these guys can swing her to come by for him. as Deaths go, she's a lot better than some of the ones he'd heard about

"Hakeshi," he says, "I don't think we've been introduced. If I heard the Johnson Group right, old ma'am Johnson here used to go by the handle of Befriender of Worlds

Enigmatic One
05-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 1

Barney rose up with a nod to Thunderchild and Geanie of curiosity.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-07-2014, 05:17 PM
"After one last thing you need to see, " Pluto says. "Panik, you and Bumil will come with me."

The old woman beckons to Tycho and Hikeshi. "You two."

And Finally, the oldest of the Doctors says, "Geanie, if you're gather up Mr. Hale and the Captain, we can get to our destination with the TARDIS."

"I'm still too sober to deal with this." Thunderchild mutters as he heads to the TARDIS.

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 05:27 PM
" 'Befriender of worlds?' What a ... unique title. Is it true? How did you come by such a name?" He asked, choosing to direct the question at her as to avoid being rude, even though he didnt mind learning further from his companion.

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Tycho nods back. and font of hope or not, Madoka was there when Francine was about to vanish, ready to escort her wherever magical girls go since they stopped becoming witches. he still thinks of her as the Moe Reaper, and will still call her that, but he'd meant it as respect. he wonders, when he's finally smoked or 'retired', if these guys can swing her to come by for him. as Deaths go, she's a lot better than some of the ones he'd heard about

"Hakeshi," he says, "I don't think we've been introduced. If I heard the Johnson Group right, old ma'am Johnson here used to go by the handle of Befriender of Worlds

"HA! No. That was Nanoha. What a kid. Learned a thing or two from her. But she always gave second chances." She holds out her hand. "Megan Conner. And I **** bigger an you."


"I'm still too sober to deal with this." Thunderchild mutters as he heads to the TARDIS.

"Wait until you see the upside down rocketship."

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
Hakeshi gave a modest bow and nod of his head. " Then it is a pleasure to formally be introduced, even after this long time."

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 05:37 PM
"HA! No. That was Nanoha. What a kid. Learned a thing or two from her. But she always gave second chances." She holds out her hand. "Megan Conner. And I **** bigger an you."

"No seriously," Tycho says, "Panik mentioned her when we were with pacitor's crew and you were topside. beamspam here literally befriended a whole shockin' living planet."

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 05:42 PM
"No seriously," Tycho says, "Panik mentioned her when we were with pacitor's crew and you were topside. beamspam here literally befriended a whole shockin' living planet."

" Now that is amazing to hear."

Crinos
05-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Panik nods sagely and follows Pluto.

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 09:02 PM
Chapter 8: Multiple Choice Future


Dr. Panik and Dr. Bumil:

Pluto leads the two of you through the doorway you entered and out into broad daylight. Once your eyes readjust you can see a gleaming City of crystal spires. Behind you, what you could only describe as an immense palace.

"Doctor Panik," Pluto says. "I believe you are familiar with Crystal Tokyo. By reputation if nothing else. Welcome to Earth, circa 3023. The Black Mooon Crisis is behind us, it is the dawn of the thirty first century, and the Crystal Millennium enters it's golden age."


Geanie, Barney and Thunderchild

Leading you into the TARDIS, the doctor makes his way to his control console. "No need to settle in, I've had this plotted out for some time. I am absolutely certain we won't miss the target date by more than a decade or so," he says as he works the controls furiously, before the ship settles down, and he makes his way tot he door.

"Ah! Yes, perfect. Earth." He sniffs the air. Almost certainly between 2995 and 3010. Right era if nothing else." He guides you out into a courtyard, where there stands a yellow tower. With fins. Because they make it go faster. Beyond this you can see what looks like what you'd image a city of the future might look like. Or that someone did at some point. "Legion plaza almost certainly! In this time period the Lor Reupblic has evolved into a group of United Planets. With Earth itself as an important member."


Tycho and Hikeshi

Meanwhile old lady Conner slashes her cane in the air, neatly tearing a rip in space before stepping through. "Hurry, up, hurry up. Step lively or we'll be late for dinner." Following her you find yourself on a lonely stretch of road. Leading to a city in the distance that seems built in spiraling tiers upwards.

Kreuzritter
05-07-2014, 09:09 PM
"Shock me," Tycho says, "It's the Hounouji Arcology... finished

he turns to Hakeshi

"Looks like we're anywhere from ten to 15 years from when I joined our merry crew, and we're somewhere in what your home counry's gonna wind up like. we are totes gonna boost ourselves a ride an take a look round

he turns to Old Ma'am Johnson

"So, what's the Run, Ms. Johnson?

Yeoman
05-07-2014, 09:15 PM
"Shock me," Tycho says, "It's the Hounouji Arcology... finished

he turns to Hakeshi

"Looks like we're anywhere from ten to 15 years from when I joined our merry crew, and we're somewhere in what your home counry's gonna wind up like. we are totes gonna boost ourselves a ride an take a look round

he turns to Old Ma'am Johnson

"So, what's the Run, Ms. Johnson?

"Conner. It's Conner. Get with the program. That kind of slang doesn't even pop up in most timelines.

"As for why we're here? I'm here to put my feet up for awhile and enjoy not living on a dead planet. Socialize. Get some food in me. You're here to look around."

Mettaur2
05-07-2014, 09:19 PM
" The future, then." Hakeshi muttered, before glancing aside and moving with a blur as he fetched the cloak he had acquired in the port city and quickly whisked it around his shoulders, tugging the hood up to conceal his features. " I can't use my Pseudo-Skin... No SHADOW driver." He explained.

" Hounouji Arcology? " Asking as he moved to follow Ms Conner.. It wouldn't do to slow her down, as fast as he could move. " Let's avoid stealing anything, Tycho. I understand one must follow the laws of the village one comes to, but I am a bit old fashioned.... Old morals, you understand." Waving his hand a bit but giving a bit of a smile, as he actually did share Tychos curiosity, and felt his positive attitude rub off.

" Well then, if we're here to look around... Let us explore then." He said with a nod, fastening the pin to his cloak where it would display proudly.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Chapter 8: Multiple Choice Future

Geanie, Barney and Thunderchild

Leading you into the TARDIS, the doctor makes his way to his control console. "No need to settle in, I've had this plotted out for some time. I am absolutely certain we won't miss the target date by more than a decade or so," he says as he works the controls furiously, before the ship settles down, and he makes his way tot he door.

"Ah! Yes, perfect. Earth." He sniffs the air. Almost certainly between 2995 and 3010. Right era if nothing else." He guides you out into a courtyard, where there stands a yellow tower. With fins. Because they make it go faster. Beyond this you can see what looks like what you'd image a city of the future might look like. Or that someone did at some point. "Legion plaza almost certainly! In this time period the Lor Reupblic has evolved into a group of United Planets. With Earth itself as an important member."


Thunderchild looked out and smiled "All my years traveling the stars so far from home, where Earth was so insignificant that you could not find map nor mention of it. To hear that there is a time when man would not only travel the stars but stand among the species of the Galaxy as equals...I can't find the words."

flynnarrel
05-07-2014, 10:54 PM
Dr. Bumil

"So, in a thousand plus some years we go from defeating a megalomaniacal German dictator to a city as beautiful as this."

He nods appreciatively.

Crinos
05-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Dr. Bumil

"So, in a thousand plus some years we go from defeating a megalomaniacal German dictator to a city as beautiful as this."

He nods appreciatively.

"Yeah. This is the time period The Praetorian hates more than any other. He's tried to destroy it more times than I can count. Unfortunately for him (And me) this era has some very powerful protectors."

"Still, its a very lovely place. way better than when I come from."

Kreuzritter
05-08-2014, 05:11 AM
"Conner. It's Conner. Get with the program. That kind of slang doesn't even pop up in most timelines.

Maybe not, but runner's code is to refrain from using one's employer's name


" Let's avoid stealing anything, Tycho. I understand one must follow the laws of the village one comes to, but I am a bit old fashioned.... Old morals, you understand." Waving his hand a bit but giving a bit of a smile, as he actually did share Tychos curiosity, and felt his positive attitude rub off.

" Well then, if we're here to look around... Let us explore then." He said with a nod, fastening the pin to his cloak where it would display proudly.

"okay, fine" he says, "we'll 'borrow' an abandoned one, unless we can get a loaner company car, or the Johnsons arrange for your old ride to be around here

he pulls something out of a pocket, checks it, and before it smokes and hisses he punches something in before throwing it away

"apparently our trips have been too much for my GPS. best I got is we're somewhere in Kanto

as the two walk along the highway into the slums, tycho lays down some rules

"Okay, good news is, mutants are often enough nobody really thiks twice about your face. bad news is, life is cheap and its a dog eat dog. we get hurt, we can't call a trauma team docwagon, we've gotta find ourselves a back alley doc. it starts to rain, we find cover, because its acidic. we stay out of the sewers. you get ghouls, CHUDS, radroaches, other feral monsters bite your head off... hold on"

Tycho stops, drops, rolls himself in a sizable puddle

"was too clean. too clean marks you as being from the arcology, or a tourist to get mugged or worse. as for the arcology, its trickle down economics at its best. the higher your teir, the higher your status. see where the buidings turn white-ish gray? apartment housing for rank and file minion/office drone types. up from there, middle management execs. that fortress at top is where there's gonna be a bunch of super-rich old white guys and their inbred upper crust elite do nothing assholes hang out

he waves his hand at the shanty town spreading out from the arcology's base

"and then there's the arcowastes. the slums-slash-everything else. down here, you can live however you want, so it's got that for it. downside is you got a chance of starving to death or winding up dead in a ditch cuz they liked your shoes as a replacement for the bags on their feet. that said, this honestly looks a LOT better than some of the other arrangements I've seen. that junkyard I broadcasted when I went Gat on the Fallen? even WORSE. supposedly used to be a place called Kansas, and was bad enough I hobo'd my way by convoy to what became of that Freedom City place we visited."

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 05:51 AM
" I doubt the Road Roach would have survived this long, like you said unless it was transported. But considering our surroundings, I am fine with us taking an abandoned vehicle if we find one."

Hakeshi listened as Tycho wised him up on how things operated in this time, he wanted to make a comment about the oddity of some of the comments, but he considered Tycho's frame of reference came from the west in this era, and while he may be home and some of the details might vary, it was very likely everybit the same and he would have to trust his bioroid friend to stay in the land of the living.

" Well, we've handled worse, but that's no excuse to openly invite trouble. I'll do my best not to stand out. " He said, nodding and smiling kindly as he would move to follow him and keeping an eye out for a vehicle.

Kreuzritter
05-08-2014, 06:17 AM
""So," Tycho asks after a few more minutes of walking, "What was your ride like? the kind where with some spinny-rims and fuzzy dice, you could go cruising for chicks into Mutes like us?"

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 06:46 AM
" Tch. " Hakeshi tilted his head back and gazed up, trying not to focus on anything as he thought. " It was just a motorcycle. Something I built with the help of Tachibana... Did alot of custom work with it. Could go faster than I could, and its handling really let me do some good maneuvering and hit hard.

It wasn't really designed to impress people. It was.... An extension of me. A way to fight. Or maybe it was a bit more. It was the first way I could fight that didn't involve SHADOW's handiwork, you know?"

Kreuzritter
05-08-2014, 06:56 AM
"Yeah, we green," Tycho nods, "and so you know, bioroids, or replicants, we're like flesh and blood robots. most are pretty damn dumb, but then you get ones like me that wise up...


"Right, you and bumil saw that memory too, bout why I'd like to keep myself on the downlow. good news is, I ace VK tests."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-08-2014, 06:58 AM
Geanie
HP: 1; LP: 1

"Legion plaza almost certainly! In this time period the Lor Reupblic has evolved into a group of United Planets. With Earth itself as an important member."
"And then Earth gets a little extra wet and they clear out. Don't even bother to try moisture-resistant skin, stupid anti-trans humans."

Enigmatic One
05-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney looked around, impressed as much as Thunderchild. More since he had no such exposure before. "A magnificent future. This is worth protecting."

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 11:50 AM
ThunderChild, Barney, Geanie:


Thunderchild looked out and smiled "All my years traveling the stars so far from home, where Earth was so insignificant that you could not find map nor mention of it. To hear that there is a time when man would not only travel the stars but stand among the species of the Galaxy as equals...I can't find the words."


Geanie
HP: 1; LP: 1

"And then Earth gets a little extra wet and they clear out. Don't even bother to try moisture-resistant skin, stupid anti-trans humans."

"In some timelines, Geanie," The Doctor says. "That is the point of this exercise. Well, one of them. Time is not fixed. Even leaving aside our war with the Time Trapper, or external meddling, sometimes things don't go like you think they will. And sometimes they do later anyway."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney looked around, impressed as much as Thunderchild. More since he had no such exposure before. "A magnificent future. This is worth protecting."

"And it is. Which leads to our other point." He gestures at the tower. "Headquarters. Former headquarters at this point, I think, To the Legion of Superheroes. One version of them. Sometimes they exist in the thirtieth century, sometimes the twenty first. Sometimes both. History repeats sometimes. Opposing views, repeating views."

Dr.s Bumil and Panik


Dr. Bumil

"So, in a thousand plus some years we go from defeating a megalomaniacal German dictator to a city as beautiful as this."

He nods appreciatively.

"I'll pass that along to Serenity." she says with a smile.


"Yeah. This is the time period The Praetorian hates more than any other. He's tried to destroy it more times than I can count. Unfortunately for him (And me) this era has some very powerful protectors."

"Still, its a very lovely place. way better than when I come from."

"And sometimes this future is averted without his interference. Sometimes it occurs with it and without anyone doing anything else. And that is why you are needed. Even without someone like Glorith, creating a specific future is difficult work that needs constant maintenance. Even with the Garnet Orb, even with a legion of Time Lords, this would be difficult."


Tycho, Hikeshi, and Francine (Cause I keep forgetting about her...)




" Well, we've handled worse, but that's no excuse to openly invite trouble. I'll do my best not to stand out. " He said, nodding and smiling kindly as he would move to follow him and keeping an eye out for a vehicle.

As you walk, you come across a small store selling motor cycles.

"Ah, the lure of the open road," Conner says. "To be young again. Heck, I'd love to be under a couple millenniums by now."

Kreuzritter
05-08-2014, 11:54 AM
Tycho does the after you gesture, letting hakeshi take first crack at this bizarre future

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 03:53 PM
" I wouldn't mind living a fraction of that long, personally. " Hakeshi said with a chuckle before taking note of the store and nodding to Tycho.

It was funny, he was never much of a gearhead before SHADOW, but events had an interesting way of changing people. It was understanding that that helped Hakeshi begin to accept his present now... He wasn't the man he was before, but he was himself. He could no more go back to being the old Hakeshi anymore than a cicada could go back into his shell.

Walking to the store, he admired the motorcycles of the era, examining them with interest.

" There werent even cars with as much power as some of these back when i'm from." The bugman said with interest, chuckeling. " We could see quite a bit of the city with one or two of these."


Vehicles check to appraie 1d20+10=20 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4495405/)

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 05:17 PM
" I wouldn't mind living a fraction of that long, personally. " Hakeshi said with a chuckle before taking note of the store and nodding to Tycho.

It was funny, he was never much of a gearhead before SHADOW, but events had an interesting way of changing people. It was understanding that that helped Hakeshi begin to accept his present now... He wasn't the man he was before, but he was himself. He could no more go back to being the old Hakeshi anymore than a cicada could go back into his shell.

Walking to the store, he admired the motorcycles of the era, examining them with interest.

" There werent even cars with as much power as some of these back when i'm from." The bugman said with interest, chuckeling. " We could see quite a bit of the city with one or two of these."

"Living that long's not all it's cracked up to be. Besides, I've seen monsters go on forever, while some of the best people I know didn't even live a century. It's not about the time you've got, just what you do with it. Be who you are, and don't let anyone, even yourself, tell you different. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. It's what's in here," she says pointing to your chest, "That matters. Believe in the you, that believes in yourself."


Most of them aren't great. But there's a couple that look serviceable, and one that appears to be in pretty great shape.

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 05:54 PM
"Living that long's not all it's cracked up to be. Besides, I've seen monsters go on forever, while some of the best people I know didn't even live a century. It's not about the time you've got, just what you do with it. Be who you are, and don't let anyone, even yourself, tell you different. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. It's what's in here," she says pointing to your chest, "That matters. Believe in the you, that believes in yourself."

" I don't know about what comes after... I never gave it much thought before, and even after everything changed, I only thought about the next day. Truth is we're not promised tomorrow... Right Tycho?" He asked, glancing up at the Bioroid with a smile. " All I know for certain we exist right now... Today is fact. Tomorrow is hope. If you get to wrapped up in what tomorrow should be, what tomorrow has to be, what tomorrow cant be... ... ... " He trailed off, losing track of his thought for a moment.

" Don't fear change... Change is inevitable... You're only losing sight of your future self. It's losing yourself you ought to fear." Murmuring as he fiddled with the motor.

Standing up, he brushed off his hands and smiled confidently with a gleam in his eye. " I know who I am now. I'm the man who will fight for the hope of tomorrow. That knowledge is powerful"

With that he turned to see about purchasing two of the bikes of lesser quality, and some parts so he could fix them up into servicebly quality for them to travel with. He didn't need the one in the best condition... and besides... The other bikes had personality in them, if someone just gave them some care and faith.

Crinos
05-08-2014, 07:21 PM
Panik nods at Pluto's comment. "Indeed. Many different organizations have tried to do so to be sure throughout history. Trying to police history and maintain it to keep future on track. Like the Time Squad and the Time Agency. But they didn't work out so good. Time Squad was a joke. And The Time Agency. Well, when your pinch hitter is Captain Jack Harkness, well nuff said."

Panik considers, "Oh God, do not tell me Harkness is also one of our bosses and we haven't met him yet."

Enigmatic One
05-08-2014, 07:33 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"So aside from this major preparatory warnings, do we have any planned activities here?"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-08-2014, 07:37 PM
ThunderChild, Barney, Geanie:

"In some timelines, Geanie," The Doctor says. "That is the point of this exercise. Well, one of them. Time is not fixed. Even leaving aside our war with the Time Trapper, or external meddling, sometimes things don't go like you think they will. And sometimes they do later anyway."



"And it is. Which leads to our other point." He gestures at the tower. "Headquarters. Former headquarters at this point, I think, To the Legion of Superheroes. One version of them. Sometimes they exist in the thirtieth century, sometimes the twenty first. Sometimes both. History repeats sometimes. Opposing views, repeating views."


"So what brings us here?" Thunderchild asks. "I somehow doubt you brought us here just for sight seeing."

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 08:07 PM
" I don't know about what comes after... I never gave it much thought before, and even after everything changed, I only thought about the next day. Truth is we're not promised tomorrow... Right Tycho?" He asked, glancing up at the Bioroid with a smile. " All I know for certain we exist right now... Today is fact. Tomorrow is hope. If you get to wrapped up in what tomorrow should be, what tomorrow has to be, what tomorrow cant be... ... ... " He trailed off, losing track of his thought for a moment.

" Don't fear change... Change is inevitable... You're only losing sight of your future self. It's losing yourself you ought to fear." Murmuring as he fiddled with the motor.

Standing up, he brushed off his hands and smiled confidently with a gleam in his eye. " I know who I am now. I'm the man who will fight for the hope of tomorrow. That knowledge is powerful"

"Hope's a powerful force. It's gotten me pretty dang far."


With that he turned to see about purchasing two of the bikes of lesser quality, and some parts so he could fix them up into servicebly quality for them to travel with. He didn't need the one in the best condition... and besides... The other bikes had personality in them, if someone just gave them some care and faith.

Mostly he wants money. He might take trade if you have anything he wants.


Panik nods at Pluto's comment. "Indeed. Many different organizations have tried to do so to be sure throughout history. Trying to police history and maintain it to keep future on track. Like the Time Squad and the Time Agency. But they didn't work out so good. Time Squad was a joke. And The Time Agency. Well, when your pinch hitter is Captain Jack Harkness, well nuff said."

Panik considers, "Oh God, do not tell me Harkness is also one of our bosses and we haven't met him yet."

"No, most of the usually time travelers were rejected. Glorith would see them coming a mile away."

"But there's one other lesson to learn here. The brightest future is not necessarily the best. For all I love Serenity, and for all she did the best she could, it's for the best some time lines, like this, do not happen."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"So aside from this major preparatory warnings, do we have any planned activities here?"


"So what brings us here?" Thunderchild asks. "I somehow doubt you brought us here just for sight seeing."

"Actually I find sight seeing enjoyable. And I find something usually turns up when I try anyway. Go. Have fun. Look around. Just try to be back here in a couple hours."

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 08:14 PM
Mostly he wants money. He might take trade if you have anything he wants.

Thinking for a moment, Hakeshi digs through his backpack and pulls out the SHADOW driver. No longer embedded in his abdomen, he weighed it in his hand for a moment and grinned as he held it out in offering.

" Real good tech. Vintage. Genuine SHADOW. "

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 08:20 PM
Thinking for a moment, Hakeshi digs through his backpack and pulls out the SHADOW driver. No longer embedded in his abdomen, he weighed it in his hand for a moment and grinned as he held it out in offering.

" Real good tech. Vintage. Genuine SHADOW. "

To him it's just a weird looking box. He sell motorcycles on the road. Also he doesn't know what SHADOW is because before he was born a crazy lady ended them by tossing the majority of their leadership to another planet. :)

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 08:25 PM
To him it's just a weird looking box. He sell motorcycles on the road. Also he doesn't know what SHADOW is because before he was born a crazy lady ended them by tossing the majority of their leadership to another planet. :)

Thinking for a moment as he weighed it in his hand he hmmed. " Pseudo-skin generator with a protective motorcycle riding suit. " He tried again, figuring he might understand Pseudoskin... Afterall, Tycho seemed to instantly understand that Hakeshi was wearing it when they first met.

Crinos
05-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Panik considers, "Yeah, wasn't going to mention this, but in least some versions of this place Queen Serenity brought about world peace by removing peoples capacity for evil... I think. That may just have been propaganda from the boss. Although why he bothered to make propaganda when he's a supreme ruler of his timeline I can't figure."

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Panik considers, "Yeah, wasn't going to mention this, but in least some versions of this place Queen Serenity brought about world peace by removing peoples capacity for evil... I think. That may just have been propaganda from the boss. Although why he bothered to make propaganda when he's a supreme ruler of his timeline I can't figure."

"Some. But not many. The real problem is that this place only exists because in some timelines the Gates of Outer Night fall, and the dark things that lurk outside reality slither in. And this is probably Earth's best future if that happens. It's the best of a bad situation, but better that not happen at all.

"The Preatorean likely saw this future as the cause rather than the effect. And do you still see him as your 'boss?'"

Yeoman
05-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Thinking for a moment as he weighed it in his hand he hmmed. " Pseudo-skin generator with a protective motorcycle riding suit. " He tried again, figuring he might understand Pseudoskin... Afterall, Tycho seemed to instantly understand that Hakeshi was wearing it when they first met.

Make a diplomacy check. Also waiting to see if Kruez has anything to add.

Crinos
05-08-2014, 08:54 PM
"Some. But not many. The real problem is that this place only exists because in some timelines the Gates of Outer Night fall, and the dark things that lurk outside reality slither in. And this is probably Earth's best future if that happens. It's the best of a bad situation, but better that not happen at all.

"The Preatorean likely saw this future as the cause rather than the effect. And do you still see him as your 'boss?'"

"Well of course not." Panik says, "If I did, I wouldn't be here. I'd still be in his lab doing things I probably shouldn't say in the middle of a magical utopia. And I think it was more the Praetorian is jealous of Neo Queen Serenity, and because he couldn't ever actually conquer this place so he'd rather it not exist anymore. Guy was profoundly petty. He even supported the Daleks during the time war because he hated the Doctor for some reason."

Mettaur2
05-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Hakeshi Tanjo
HP: 2, Cnd: Mutant Bug Man in cloak.


1d20=7 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4495637/) Note to self. Boost diplomacy in upgrade... Or maybe Expertise: Toku Hero for dramatic diplomacy/intimidation/awe.

Kreuzritter
05-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Make a diplomacy check. Also waiting to see if Kruez has anything to add.

standing at the door, Tycho throws a credstick on the counter to sweeten the deal

Two bikes, with Sidecars. we wanna make Honouji by nightfall, and we got an oldie and a kiddo ridin' with us.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
"Actually I find sight seeing enjoyable. And I find something usually turns up when I try anyway. Go. Have fun. Look around. Just try to be back here in a couple hours."

Thunderchild considered this and then chuckled, "Of course, with my curse something is bound to come to me. If I get the chance I really have to share the misadventures of the last time I attempted to take a 'relaxing vacation' at the advice of my first mate. I had two more bounties, a marriage proposal, and a pair of rainbow coloured trousers on my head by the end of it. Might as well enjoy things while they last."

flynnarrel
05-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Bumil frowns at the 'timey wimey talk', as he calls it.

"As beautiful as this place is, what are we doing here?"

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Geanie

"Hm, so what's the smartest thing to do now................

"I know: I'll go see what they think the future is like!"

Geanie dashes off.

Enigmatic One
05-09-2014, 10:30 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"And there she goes. Shall we follow her path, William?" It was the first time for Barney to address his companion by first name, but at this point and the tasks away, a relaxation was in order.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"And there she goes. Shall we follow her path, William?" It was the first time for Barney to address his companion by first name, but at this point and the tasks away, a relaxation was in order.

"Well Barney, chances are that she'll lead us to either fun or trouble. Or both." Thunderchild chuckled. "Let's go."

Yeoman
05-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Panik and Bumil
"Well of course not." Panik says, "If I did, I wouldn't be here. I'd still be in his lab doing things I probably shouldn't say in the middle of a magical utopia. And I think it was more the Praetorian is jealous of Neo Queen Serenity, and because he couldn't ever actually conquer this place so he'd rather it not exist anymore. Guy was profoundly petty. He even supported the Daleks during the time war because he hated the Doctor for some reason."

"Which is why we will have to deal with him before we enter our end game."



Bumil frowns at the 'timey wimey talk', as he calls it.

"As beautiful as this place is, what are we doing here?"

"Whatever you want. My primary purpose in binging you here was to see that not every future will exist, and not all of them should. I've done this. The rest is a day off. You and your comrades have earned it. So what do you want to see?"

Hikeshi, Tycho and Francine


standing at the door, Tycho throws a credstick on the counter to sweeten the deal

Two bikes, with Sidecars. we wanna make Honouji by nightfall, and we got an oldie and a kiddo ridin' with us.

Unimpressed by Hikeshi be slots your cred stick into an ancient looking reader, and then hands you the keys.


Barney, Thunderchild and Geanie


Geanie

"Hm, so what's the smartest thing to do now................

"I know: I'll go see what they think the future is like!"

Geanie dashes off.

Genie has seen a few more advanced worlds than this, but not many where people still have, ya know, physical bodies, or where the technology might as well be magic. It's about par for the course for what the Captain has seen on the more civilized Lor worlds. Immensely tall buildings, flying personal transports. Rocket Belts. The Usual.

You do, however, see a number of non-humanoids. And some obviously non-human humanoids.

As you leave the plaza, you can see what you'd guess is a tour group from their leader, and that the people in the group seem to be holding some kind of recording device up the their surroundings.

Beyond that you get into the city proper, with most of the ground floors of building appearing to house a number of small stores and restaurants.

Kreuzritter
05-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Hikeshi, Tycho and Francine

Unimpressed by Hikeshi be slots your cred stick into an ancient looking reader, and then hands you the keys.

That coulda gone better" Tycho ays, hokking up a sidecar to his bike, inviting Francine to hop in, "but it coulda gone worse. now, lets go find us a good time. and by good time, I mean the knda good where we walk into a bar, and the next morning we bust ourselves outta prison.

Crinos
05-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Panik sighs and pinches his brow. "Oh I was so very afraid you were going to say that."

Yeoman
05-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Panik sighs and pinches his brow. "Oh I was so very afraid you were going to say that."

"Relax, your role is likely to be minimal."


That coulda gone better" Tycho ays, hokking up a sidecar to his bike, inviting Francine to hop in, "but it coulda gone worse. now, lets go find us a good time. and by good time, I mean the knda good where we walk into a bar, and the next morning we bust ourselves outta prison.
"You do realize I'm fifteen, right?" Francine says.

Kreuzritter
05-09-2014, 05:02 PM
"You do realize I'm fifteen, right?" Francine says.

"So? I remind you, I'm four."

Mettaur2
05-09-2014, 06:49 PM
"So? I remind you, I'm four."

" And I'm a warrior of Justice. No minors in bars. " Hakeshi said as he knealt to affix a sidecar and moved with a blur to do some minor adjustments and repair jobs on anything he saw awry with the bikes, only to flip up onto his seat and give it a kick as it roared to life.

Sliding on a riding helmet, he offered one to Megan with a smile and glanced over to Tycho. " Besides, I'm sure we can find some other kind of fun... It may be far into my future, but this is still Japan. I doubt it's changed enough that we can't find something.... And I look forward to site seeing."

Revving up the bike, he turned his attention to the road with a glint in his eye. " Ya ready? Cause here we go! " (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcZrv_8ZEA) He said, as he would push it to top speed to race down the road towards the towering buildings.

flynnarrel
05-10-2014, 02:09 AM
"So, what are the forms of entertainment here in the future?" Bumil asks.

Kreuzritter
05-10-2014, 04:29 AM
" And I'm a warrior of Justice. No minors in bars. " Hakeshi said as he knealt to affix a sidecar and moved with a blur to do some minor adjustments and repair jobs on anything he saw awry with the bikes, only to flip up onto his seat and give it a kick as it roared to life.

Sliding on a riding helmet, he offered one to Megan with a smile and glanced over to Tycho. " Besides, I'm sure we can find some other kind of fun... It may be far into my future, but this is still Japan. I doubt it's changed enough that we can't find something.... And I look forward to site seeing."

Revving up the bike, he turned his attention to the road with a glint in his eye. " Ya ready? Cause here we go! " (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIcZrv_8ZEA) He said, as he would push it to top speed to race down the road towards the towering buildings.

she's totally legal drinking age here,, Tycho shouts to hakeshi so he can be heard over the rush of wind, "but yeah, we can try to find a freckle bitch's or something. though if you want real food like what we've been used to, that means we make a run on the citadel, because they're the ones who hoard it"

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 08:14 AM
she's totally legal drinking age here,, Tycho shouts to hakeshi so he can be heard over the rush of wind, "but yeah, we can try to find a freckle bitch's or something. though if you want real food like what we've been used to, that means we make a run on the citadel, because they're the ones who hoard it"

" This Citadel seems like more and more of a place I want to see. Stir it up a bit. The division in society rubs me the wrong way!"

Kreuzritter
05-10-2014, 08:25 AM
" This Citadel seems like more and more of a place I want to see. Stir it up a bit. The division in society rubs me the wrong way!"

"Heh. not even a half hour off the clock and you're talking fighting the most powerful, heavily fortified stronghold in the city because it cheeses you off" Tycho laughs, "We'll make a Saint of you yet. Let's go make The Boss proud. Howbout you Francine, up for a little inspirational mayhem and life as a puckish rogue?"

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 08:39 AM
" And you Miss Conner? Atleast one more adventure? I got a feeling you got as much spirit as the rest of us for something like this. " Hakeshi said loudly as his cloak billowed behind him in the whipping wind, pin glinting in the light of the sun.

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 12:56 PM
"So, what are the forms of entertainment here in the future?" Bumil asks.

"Games mostly. Of all sorts. Though if you wish, we have the whole of time and space open to us. It's not like Conner and her friends haven't abused that a time or two."



"Heh. not even a half hour off the clock and you're talking fighting the most powerful, heavily fortified stronghold in the city because it cheeses you off" Tycho laughs, "We'll make a Saint of you yet. Let's go make The Boss proud. Howbout you Francine, up for a little inspirational mayhem and life as a puckish rogue?"

Francine is silent for a moment, in thought, before she says, "No. No not really."


" And you Miss Conner? Atleast one more adventure? I got a feeling you got as much spirit as the rest of us for something like this. " Hakeshi said loudly as his cloak billowed behind him in the whipping wind, pin glinting in the light of the sun.

"Oh, I'm holding back for the right time. I know what my last adventure is. Been getting ready for that for a long time. I'm just here to meet up with some friends. You go do whatever, I can give you an address to meet up at later."

Kreuzritter
05-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Francine is silent for a moment, in thought, before she says, "No. No not really."

"Well," Tycho shrugs, "in this case, mayhem means robbing the rich to give to the poor, maybe steal a food truck and bring it don into the slums so people can get a taste of the good stuff. you're in our crew now, Francine, you've got as much says as the rest of us, and glorith'll come to us, eventually. what do you want to do?

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 05:51 PM
"Well," Tycho shrugs, "in this case, mayhem means robbing the rich to give to the poor, maybe steal a food truck and bring it don into the slums so people can get a taste of the good stuff. you're in our crew now, Francine, you've got as much says as the rest of us, and glorith'll come to us, eventually. what do you want to do?

"I don't really know. This... isn't what I expected. What I wanted."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-10-2014, 06:13 PM
Barney, Thunderchild and Geanie



Genie has seen a few more advanced worlds than this, but not many where people still have, ya know, physical bodies, or where the technology might as well be magic. It's about par for the course for what the Captain has seen on the more civilized Lor worlds. Immensely tall buildings, flying personal transports. Rocket Belts. The Usual.

You do, however, see a number of non-humanoids. And some obviously non-human humanoids.

As you leave the plaza, you can see what you'd guess is a tour group from their leader, and that the people in the group seem to be holding some kind of recording device up the their surroundings.

Beyond that you get into the city proper, with most of the ground floors of building appearing to house a number of small stores and restaurants.

"Where should we head first?" Thunderchild asks his companions. This place was a bit more upscale than the locations he tended to frequent on Alien worlds.

Kreuzritter
05-10-2014, 06:23 PM
"I don't really know. This... isn't what I expected. What I wanted."

"Okay," Tycho shrugs, "New plan. today, we do what YOU want to do. you're our homey, we gotta do right by you."

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 06:33 PM
"I don't really know. This... isn't what I expected. What I wanted."

" That's life. " Hakeshi said as they drove on, shrugging as he nodded. " Always changing, never what you expect... We have to change with it. Adapt. Grow. Become different than who we were just a moment before.

This world is too big and complex and wonderful for us to ever know what to expect out of it, and if we only focus on looking for what we expect... Well... We miss out on the unexpected." He said, glancing aside at the two people he probably never would have met, if his life had gone as expected.


"Okay," Tycho shrugs, "New plan. today, we do what YOU want to do. you're our homey, we gotta do right by you."

" Come on Francine... Time to grow a bit more." Grinning. " Anything you'd like. "

Crinos
05-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Panik sighs, "Well that's good. in any case, anything fun to do in this town. I've never really been here before without orders to burn it to the ground."

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Panik sighs, "Well that's good. in any case, anything fun to do in this town. I've never really been here before without orders to burn it to the ground."

"Games mostly. Of all sorts. Though if you wish, we have the whole of time and space open to us. It's not like Conner and her friends haven't abused that a time or two."


"Okay," Tycho shrugs, "New plan. today, we do what YOU want to do. you're our homey, we gotta do right by you."

"If you'd like," Conner says, "You could come with me to Dinner. I think you might find that interesting."

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Geanie

As you leave the plaza, you can see what you'd guess is a tour group from their leader, and that the people in the group seem to be holding some kind of recording device up the their surroundings.
"Oooo, time tourism! Except I don't have to take some stupid qualifying test.

"Let's do this thing!"

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 06:53 PM
"If you'd like," Conner says, "You could come with me to Dinner. I think you might find that interesting."

" I have a feeling that that WILL be quite interesting..." Glancing over to Tycho for his opinion as he pulled over to the side of the road.

Kreuzritter
05-10-2014, 06:58 PM
"I've had dinner in your times," Tycho says, "Only fair I take you guys for ramen & kibble"

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 07:02 PM
" Alright then, give us the directions then. We'll have dinner! " Hakeshi nodded, glad to drive according to Conners directions.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Geanie

"Oooo, time tourism! Except I don't have to take some stupid qualifying test.

"Let's do this thing!"

"Lead on then lass, you know your way around this type of place better than either of us." Thunderchild says.

flynnarrel
05-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Dr. Bumil

"I'm up for whatever. I needed little convincing to help save the futures."

Yeoman
05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
"Lead on then lass, you know your way around this type of place better than either of us." Thunderchild says.

You can see a number of small stores and restaurants. One is an antique store. You can see a Ferengi Deli, a Karoke bar, and a Klingon Starbucks. In teh far distance you can see a tower with a giant spinning globe on top.


Dr. Bumil

"I'm up for whatever. I needed little convincing to help save the futures."

"Hmm... perhaps.." and then Pluto goes silent, lost in thought. "Oh, now this might be interesting as well."

Before you can think to ask what she means, there's a tear in mid air and a giant human form claws it's way through. Stand tall it's easily ten times your size. And you both have a moment to realize that it is the form of Centurion Machine Nineteen, before his chest compartment hisses open. "Okay, so, that temporal pulse was around her somewhere. I'm a hundred and twelve percent sure we're not off by more than a decade this time!"

And you can see the from of the LOLPirate crawl out of the cockpit. "Hey! Hey peoples down there! Any of you see, like, a high tech coffin lookin' thing!?!"


" Alright then, give us the directions then. We'll have dinner! " Hakeshi nodded, glad to drive according to Conners directions.

She does so, leading you in town and through the squalor of the lower levels. The streets are crooked and packed with people. Vendors hawk their wares on the streets, and even the few with actual storefronts don't look in good shape. After a few minutes you make your way to a small hovel, above which reads the the sign "Mankanshoko Back Alley Doctor."

"Here we are."

Mettaur2
05-10-2014, 09:45 PM
She does so, leading you in town and through the squalor of the lower levels. The streets are crooked and packed with people. Vendors hawk their wares on the streets, and even the few with actual storefronts don't look in good shape. After a few minutes you make your way to a small hovel, above which reads the the sign "Mankanshoko Back Alley Doctor."

"Here we are."

" ... "


A small hovel, above which reads the the sign "Mankanshoko Back Alley Doctor."

" ... "


"Mankanshoko Back Alley Doctor."

" Tycho... Any chance we can raid that citadel? I think it'd be safer." Hakeshi said with an impending sense of dread that made his feet feel like they were rooted to the spot.

Kreuzritter
05-11-2014, 03:34 AM
"No, shockin' way," Tycho says, his face practicly exploding in a wide grin, before he walks up and starts knocking on the door

"Hey! Barrazo! these your digs? it's me, Tycho!"

Enigmatic One
05-11-2014, 07:05 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"Do you recommend any restaurants or dining places, Geanie?" Barney paused and realized something. "Do we even have money?"

stavaros-the-arcane
05-11-2014, 07:12 AM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"Do you recommend any restaurants or dining places, Geanie?" Barney paused and realized something. "Do we even have money?"

"If we're not sure, stay out of the Ferengi Deli." Thunderchild says. "They can hear an empty coin purse at fifty paces."

Thunderchild eyes the antique store. "Okay I have to know what antiquities look like in the future. Between Genie being from the far future and you and I being from the distant past we should get a laugh out of trying to figure out what things are and when they're from. Then we can figure out if we have money that is usable here, grab something to eat, then maybe see what that damned impressive tower is. What do you say?"

flynnarrel
05-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Dr. Bumil's eyes go wide as he sees the maniacal mistress of the malevolent marauders. She was alive! His eyes clouded in memory and his lips peeled back from his teethe in a snarl. The Jewel on his BFG (Bun-bun's Final Gift) burst in to scarlet light as he contemplated using it on the orchestrator of his animal companion's death.

His hands clenched in to fists slightly shaking as he pointed the glowing ring toward the mecha pilot...

Crinos
05-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Dr. Bumil's eyes go wide as he sees the maniacal mistress of the malevolent marauders. She was alive! His eyes clouded in memory and his lips peeled back from his teethe in a snarl. The Jewel on his BFG (Bun-bun's Final Gift) burst in to scarlet light as he contemplated using it on the orchestrator of his animal companion's death.

His hands clenched in to fists slightly shaking as he pointed the glowing ring toward the mecha pilot...

Panik grabs Bumil by the hand. "No. No. Do not do. She's a good guy now remember?"

Panik looks at Pluto, "She IS a good guy now right? Does she remember us? Does the big guy remember us?"

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 10:45 AM
Panik grabs Bumil by the hand. "No. No. Do not do. She's a good guy now remember?"

Panik looks at Pluto, "She IS a good guy now right? Does she remember us? Does the big guy remember us?"

"I don't know. You'd have to ask them."



"No, shockin' way," Tycho says, his face practicly exploding in a wide grin, before he walks up and starts knocking on the door

"Hey! Barrazo! these your digs? it's me, Tycho!"

The front door slams open and a pear shaped man wearing a sports jacket, a tie, and a pair of boxer shorts stands in the entry before making his way to Tycho and embracing him.

Crinos
05-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Panik gulps nervously, then steps up to the foot of the giant ancient super robot piloted by the woman who tried to kill them last week.

"UM, HELLO! LOL PIRATE? COULD YOU COME DOWN HERE FOR A SECOND?"

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 11:02 AM
Panik gulps nervously, then steps up to the foot of the giant ancient super robot piloted by the woman who tried to kill them last week.

"UM, HELLO! LOL PIRATE? COULD YOU COME DOWN HERE FOR A SECOND?"

She looks down at you, then flips over the edge of the chest plate, holding on a swinging for a second like an monkey fore landing. "Ya? C'n I help you?"

Crinos
05-11-2014, 11:05 AM
She looks down at you, then flips over the edge of the chest plate, holding on a swinging for a second like an monkey fore landing. "Ya? C'n I help you?"

Panik looks at her, "Um, this may be an odd question, but do you remember either of us?" Panik points to Bumil and himself.

Kreuzritter
05-11-2014, 12:06 PM
The front door slams open and a pear shaped man wearing a sports jacket, a tie, and a pair of boxer shorts stands in the entry before making his way to Tycho and embracing him.

"Long time no see B-man," Tycho says, he and the fat man rapidly exchanging a flurry of future slang before they turn back to the group

"Guys, this is Barrazo," he says, "He was part of my old crew back in the EffSee Arcowastes. Barazzo, this here's Francine and Hakeshi, part of my current gang of runners, and newest members of the 3-Saints as of about a month ago. The old lady's implied she knows you, or at least your honey's cooking, but right now, she's our Johnson.

he reaches into his satchel, pulling out his treasured purple cans

"I've been kinda busy, but the run's completed. got back some Saint's flow, no prob. hell, I swear by Fun Shaundi's rack that these cans? I found a pre-wars place with a stash of the original Flow. every bit the old stories say about em."

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Panik looks at her, "Um, this may be an odd question, but do you remember either of us?" Panik points to Bumil and himself.

She looks at you. Then at Bumil. Then she looks in your mouth with a pen light.

"Hmmmm.... No?"


"Long time no see B-man," Tycho says, he and the fat man rapidly exchanging a flurry of future slang before they turn back to the group

"Guys, this is Barrazo," he says, "He was part of my old crew back in the EffSee Arcowastes. Barazzo, this here's Francine and Hakeshi, part of my current gang of runners, and newest members of the 3-Saints as of about a month ago. The old lady's implied she knows you, or at least your honey's cooking, but right now, she's our Johnson.

"I said we were having dinner with friends here. Mine will be along shortly, yours are already here."


he reaches into his satchel, pulling out his treasured purple cans

"I've been kinda busy, but the run's completed. got back some Saint's flow, no prob. hell, I swear by Fun Shaundi's rack that these cans? I found a pre-wars place with a stash of the original Flow. every bit the old stories say about em."

He looks at you deadly seriously, "Do you have any with you?"

Kreuzritter
05-11-2014, 12:46 PM
he hands the man his bag and all the cans within
"Stuffed as many as I could in the bag when I found em, and a few aside I'd shared with my crew, the rest are all yours."

he looks up at the loud neon sign

"So, how's the back alley body chop shop work doing for ya?"

Mettaur2
05-11-2014, 02:22 PM
Hakeshi looked back and forth between the two of them, buggy eyebrow raised particularly at the state of dress of the man... Still though, he was apparently a friend of Tycho, and that meant by extension he was his friend to. Roll like a saint, he thought to himself as he grinned and gave a respectful bow as he was introduced.

Still though, once he let go of his concern... The place did feel rather warm and friendly. Not too dissimilar than the motorcycle they had. Rundown, but with more spirit and soul than those pristine walls he had seen in the distance.

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Geanie

"Okay I have to know what antiquities look like in the future. Between Genie being from the far future and you and I being from the distant past we should get a laugh out of trying to figure out what things are and when they're from. Then we can figure out if we have money that is usable here, grab something to eat, then maybe see what that damned impressive tower is. What do you say?"
"Meh, having stuff has never been my thing. Why do you think all I've got is some clothes?"

Crinos
05-11-2014, 03:16 PM
Panik let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank Goodness."

Panik looks around, "So... you mentioned something about a coffin?"

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 06:32 PM
Geanie

"Meh, having stuff has never been my thing. Why do you think all I've got is some clothes?"

Well it's up to you, EO and Stavros what you want to do. I just threw out a few ideas. Feel free to ignore them and look for something else. For what it matters for either totally going in or avoiding, the Antique Shop is labeled "Swindle's Totally Legitimate Antiques."


he hands the man his bag and all the cans within
"Stuffed as many as I could in the bag when I found em, and a few aside I'd shared with my crew, the rest are all yours."

he looks up at the loud neon sign

"So, how's the back alley body chop shop work doing for ya?"

"Not bad. Whether they walk out or not, my boy Mataro gets the cash from them. Not so much with the repeat customers though..."

"You and your friends should come in and meet the family! We're just about to eat!"


Panik let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank Goodness."

Panik looks around, "So... you mentioned something about a coffin?"


"Oh! Yeah! That! Me and the big guy are looking for our kids. Loooooooong story, but there are twenty of them spread throughout space and time and why does that sound familiar..."

Enigmatic One
05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"I suppose we shall see what they consider 'antiques.' Though I won't buy anything from a man named Mr. Swindle."

Kreuzritter
05-11-2014, 06:52 PM
"Not bad. Whether they walk out or not, my boy Mataro gets the cash from them. Not so much with the repeat customers though..."

"You and your friends should come in and meet the family! We're just about to eat!"

"You've got a kid? Tycho asks, "Damn, I have been away long. anyway, if you shacked up with who I think you did, we'd be delighted

he looks back to Francine and hakeshi

"Don't ask what's in the food. like hot dogs, the answer is No one really knows...."

he does the spooky finger wiggling and "ooo" at the end, mostly in jest

Crinos
05-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Panik looks at the Time Lord formerly known as the LOL Pirate, then up at the giant robot. Then back at her. Then back up at the robot.

Then he holds her hands up to compare sizes.

"So.... you had kids together."

Panik looks at them again.

"Congratulations?"

Mettaur2
05-11-2014, 07:40 PM
"You've got a kid? Tycho asks, "Damn, I have been away long. anyway, if you shacked up with who I think you did, we'd be delighted

he looks back to Francine and hakeshi

"Don't ask what's in the food. like hot dogs, the answer is No one really knows...."

he does the spooky finger wiggling and "ooo" at the end, mostly in jest

" You're not inspiring me here, Tycho..." Hakeshi said as he did aleast follow them into the home, trying not to worry TOO much about the food. He just didn't want to be a rude guest... it probably wouldn't be too much of a compliment if a giant roach got sick on their meal.

stavaros-the-arcane
05-11-2014, 07:44 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"I suppose we shall see what they consider 'antiques.' Though I won't buy anything from a man named Mr. Swindle."

Thunderchild looks at the sign, closely. "A good policy. Although the ones you have to really wary of are ones with titles like 'Honest Akbar' or 'Cut-me-own-throat Dibbler'. Every planet seems to have at least one. Wait, wasn't Swindle the name of that scumbag cybertronian that bailed like a rat on a sinking ship back on the Lolpirate's vessel? Oh this I HAVE to see now. At the very least we can probably trade up some of our random junk for local currency. I mean Everything Barney and I own is technically an antique." Thunderchild strides into the shop.

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 08:46 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"I suppose we shall see what they consider 'antiques.' Though I won't buy anything from a man named Mr. Swindle."


Thunderchild looks at the sign, closely. "A good policy. Although the ones you have to really wary of are ones with titles like 'Honest Akbar' or 'Cut-me-own-throat Dibbler'. Every planet seems to have at least one. Wait, wasn't Swindle the name of that scumbag cybertronian that bailed like a rat on a sinking ship back on the Lolpirate's vessel? Oh this I HAVE to see now. At the very least we can probably trade up some of our random junk for local currency. I mean Everything Barney and I own is technically an antique." Thunderchild strides into the shop.

As you enter the store the shelves are piled high with various nicknacks ranging from vases to technology you'd have to look close to recognize what it is.

In the back, hunched down behind the counter is indeed the giant mechanoid you saw on the ship. He gives you all a huge grin, "Greetings and welcome to the store organics!"

Geanie's artifact flashes.

"And Sentient non-ambulatory techo-magical gadgets."

"How Can I help you?"


Panik looks at the Time Lord formerly known as the LOL Pirate, then up at the giant robot. Then back at her. Then back up at the robot.

Then he holds her hands up to compare sizes.

"So.... you had kids together."

Panik looks at them again.

"Congratulations?"


She waves that idea off, "Oh, we used ancient pseudo magical technology from the ancient ages of El-hazard to make sentient robots based on his technology. So, you know, kids."


"You've got a kid? Tycho asks, "Damn, I have been away long. anyway, if you shacked up with who I think you did, we'd be delighted

he looks back to Francine and hakeshi

"Don't ask what's in the food. like hot dogs, the answer is No one really knows...."

he does the spooky finger wiggling and "ooo" at the end, mostly in jest

You all enter the hovel and there are a number of people surrounding a table. One you recognize as Barazo's old girlfriend. The other you'd guess are his kids. "My children Matraro and Mako, as well as Mako's friend Ryuko." And you tehn notice the other teenage girl in the sailor uniform at the table and, Tycho, it almost feels like the uniform itself is sizing you up.

Before the door closes you feel an immense presence behind you. Looking up you see the armored form of Leman Russ. Who has an elk hanging over each shoulder and a crate of beer under one arm. "I have arrived, and bring you meat and booze, my host!"

flynnarrel
05-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Dr. Bumil

It took him several moments of Panik's inane conversations for the mystic to finally decide that LOLPirate was not a mortal enemy.

"Yes, well, how can we help?"

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Dr. Bumil

It took him several moments of Panik's inane conversations for the mystic to finally decide that LOLPirate was not a mortal enemy.

"Yes, well, how can we help?"

"Well, I got a ping of time space/distortion here, so I thought one of the kids pods might have ended up here. Say, you know, you look kinda stressed. You want some ice cream? I've got a couple tubs in the fridge up in the cockpit."

Enigmatic One
05-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"We've met before, haven't we?"

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"We've met before, haven't we?"

"Not that I recall. Hey, can I interest you in a slightly used 24th century Braalian magnetic lamp?"

flynnarrel
05-11-2014, 10:00 PM
He purses his lips.... then nods, accepting the proffered confectionery.

Enigmatic One
05-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"Not when your name is Swindle. It's rather bad for business to be called that. Screams caveat emptor."

Yeoman
05-11-2014, 10:35 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"Not when your name is Swindle. It's rather bad for business to be called that. Screams caveat emptor."

"Nah, nah, don't worry. It's in old Cybertronian. Means, 'Dang this guy has huge eyes..' But never mind that, what are you looking for my fine sentients?"

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-12-2014, 04:50 AM
Geanie

"Nah, nah, don't worry. It's in old Cybertronian. Means, 'Dang this guy has huge eyes..' But never mind that, what are you looking for my fine sentients?"
"Something that you won't be able to find in...."

She starts counting on her fingers.

"A really long time from now.

"Also that won't break too easily: we kind of live a rough lifestyle."

Kreuzritter
05-12-2014, 05:00 AM
You all enter the hovel and there are a number of people surrounding a table. One you recognize as Barazo's old girlfriend. The other you'd guess are his kids. "My children Matraro and Mako, as well as Mako's friend Ryuko." And you tehn notice the other teenage girl in the sailor uniform at the table and, Tycho, it almost feels like the uniform itself is sizing you up.

Before the door closes you feel an immense presence behind you. Looking up you see the armored form of Leman Russ. Who has an elk hanging over each shoulder and a crate of beer under one arm. "I have arrived, and bring you meat and booze, my host!"

"Hey Russ," Tycho says, before looking back to Ryuko.

"I'm an old friend of Barazo's, from back when he was just a back-alley med student and wheelman for the 3rd Street Saints in America."

he looks back to Barazo. he wants to ask the man about the old gang, what brought him all the way out to REVOCS turf, but he remembers Panik grilling them all on rules of time travel and "spoilers"

Mettaur2
05-12-2014, 06:06 AM
" Ah! The wolf! It is good to see you again! " Hakeshi said, rather suprised as he thought he was supposed to be back where they came from, acting as a guard... never expecting him to turn up here!

He nodded along as Tycho explained how he knew the man, feeling it made a bit more sense now how he would know someone from japan when he hadn't thought he had come there... But he supposed people traveled as much in the future a they did in his time. " I can see you're really.... going up in the world.... a clinic and everything.."

Crinos
05-12-2014, 10:51 AM
Panik takes some ice cream as well if offered.

He then turns to Pluto, "So, if there was a coffin that contained a powerful robot, where would it most likely be stored around here?"

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 04:19 PM
He purses his lips.... then nods, accepting the proffered confectionery.


Panik takes some ice cream as well if offered.

He then turns to Pluto, "So, if there was a coffin that contained a powerful robot, where would it most likely be stored around here?"

The LOLpirate now known as Charli begins handing out ice cream.

"Most likely," says Pluto, "The Centurion Machine detected our arrival."

"Oh, yeah, time travelers totes makes finding them hard. Still, better look around to be sure. Sometimes they get caught up in temporal undertow."



Geanie

"Something that you won't be able to find in...."

She starts counting on her fingers.

"A really long time from now.

"Also that won't break too easily: we kind of live a rough lifestyle."

"Ah! I may have just such a thing! A Vibranium compound disc on aisle four, near the floor, take a look!"

Those who look will indeed find a disc nearly three feet in diameter there, the remains of a red and white paint job still showing.

Also, again, if anyone is looking to spend points on things, this may be a good place to interject anything you'd like to find. And not just devices, you could likely find a book on nearly any skill or whatever you'd want to purchase.


"Hey Russ," Tycho says, before looking back to Ryuko.

"I'm an old friend of Barazo's, from back when he was just a back-alley med student and wheelman for the 3rd Street Saints in America."

he looks back to Barazo. he wants to ask the man about the old gang, what brought him all the way out to REVOCS turf, but he remembers Panik grilling them all on rules of time travel and "spoilers"

As people begin to filter in, Conner grabs your arm and stops you. "We need to talk," she says, hauling you to the side. "I'll be blunt. Take this evening in. Enjoy it. You can't come back here."


" Ah! The wolf! It is good to see you again! " Hakeshi said, rather suprised as he thought he was supposed to be back where they came from, acting as a guard... never expecting him to turn up here!

He nodded along as Tycho explained how he knew the man, feeling it made a bit more sense now how he would know someone from japan when he hadn't thought he had come there... But he supposed people traveled as much in the future a they did in his time. " I can see you're really.... going up in the world.... a clinic and everything.."

"Ah yes! A few years ago I was only a back alley med student! Now I have my own store! Did you know Mako was briefly the Captain of the school's fight club?"

Kreuzritter
05-12-2014, 05:55 PM
As people begin to filter in, Conner grabs your arm and stops you. "We need to talk," she says, hauling you to the side. "I'll be blunt. Take this evening in. Enjoy it. You can't come back here."

"Chummer," Tycho says, "Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure each of us was seconds away from dying horribly when you recruited us, and I'm pretty sure this is gonna end with some of us face down in a ditch or erasing ourselves from existence, and if not, barazo came here for a reason, not counting that, life for someone like me is nasty, brutish and short, and I don't get the option to walk away from it like he did. If i do survive, I know to keep my mouth shut about our business. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a party to go get hammered at, maybe a kid to give Genki Jr. to as a parting gift since she just said she was a badass."

Enigmatic One
05-12-2014, 05:56 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney found himself fascinated by the shield.... he'd always used his feet as the primary method of attack - so why not learn to add some defenses? He turned to Swindle. "Will you take barter in antiques for the shield?"

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 06:20 PM
"Chummer," Tycho says, "Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure each of us was seconds away from dying horribly when you recruited us, and I'm pretty sure this is gonna end with some of us face down in a ditch or erasing ourselves from existence, and if not, barazo came here for a reason, not counting that, life for someone like me is nasty, brutish and short, and I don't get the option to walk away from it like he did. If i do survive, I know to keep my mouth shut about our business. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a party to go get hammered at, maybe a kid to give Genki Jr. to as a parting gift since she just said she was a badass."

She continues holding your arm. "Not like that. This timeline. Unless the Trapper wins, it won't exist. The war we told you about Glorith was trying to provoke? This is one of those timelines. Most metahumans wiped out. I'm sure it'll exist out there somewhere, and time seems to abhor people not existing, so I'm sure they'll be out there somewhere, but as it is, in this dimension, it won't exist."

She looks down. "For what it's worth, I'm not happy... listen, I'm sorry."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney found himself fascinated by the shield.... he'd always used his feet as the primary method of attack - so why not learn to add some defenses? He turned to Swindle. "Will you take barter in antiques for the shield?"

His optics light up brights, "Oh, always. What do you have?"

Kreuzritter
05-12-2014, 06:30 PM
She continues holding your arm. "Not like that. This timeline. Unless the Trapper wins, it won't exist. The war we told you about Glorith was trying to provoke? This is one of those timelines. Most metahumans wiped out. I'm sure it'll exist out there somewhere, and time seems to abhor people not existing, so I'm sure they'll be out there somewhere, but as it is, in this dimension, it won't exist."

She looks down. "For what it's worth, I'm not happy... listen, I'm sorry."

"Maybe you haven't noticed, but my time's a sharthole. I do right by my crew, and them, they're my crew. yeah, they're happy here, but Barazo'd never forgive me if I didn't come up with a way to keep mataro there from ever being gunned down by corpse because they were bored. you say what we do will make things better for them, let's do it."

he rejoins the party

"So, before Russ showed up with his party favors," Tycho says to ryuko & mako, "Hakeshi and I were thinking of making a run on the citadel, steal their food to give to everyone else down here, maybe find a sceptic tanker to give those upperclass shocknozzles a shower of the filth they are.

Enigmatic One
05-12-2014, 06:39 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney dug around in his pockets, and found in a crevice of the vest lining a penny. A mere coin, but he planted it on the counter. "I doubt you see coins like these around any more, much less of this metal."

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 06:45 PM
"So, before Russ showed up with his party favors," Tycho says to ryuko & mako, "Hakeshi and I were thinking of making a run on the citadel, steal their food to give to everyone else down here, maybe find a sceptic tanker to give those upperclass shocknozzles a shower of the filth they are.

Ryuko shakes her head, "I've been there man. Besides, there's only one stuck up **** I'm after."

At which point Mako stands up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nb8OzNH9g), "Besides Ryuko has to beat her herself! That is the way things work! If mysterious strangers appear one day and just solve everything the audience would get angry and then there will certainly never be a second season or even a compilation movie!"

As the lights return to normal you can see Homura and Viral standing in the still open doorway. Homura appears to be carrying some kind of snacks. They are both just standing there, staring.

Viral drawls, "Okay, I think that's enough for today."

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Barney dug around in his pockets, and found in a crevice of the vest lining a penny. A mere coin, but he planted it on the counter. "I doubt you see coins like these around any more, much less of this metal."

He stares down at it. "Copper? Kid, a fifth of my wiring is copper. Still. it's vintage. That I'll grant you. Definitely worth a pretty penny, no pun intended. But that is a genuine prototype for the shield of the galaxy famous Captain America! Hero of Earth's twentieth century wars. The material alone is virtually indestructible!"

Kreuzritter
05-12-2014, 06:51 PM
"I wasn't planning on solving problems, Mako, just a big stinking steam of Eff You to whoever runs things around here, or whatever sticklers for a buncha stooped rules nobody around here gives a flying fig about."

Enigmatic One
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Haggling time. Barney shook his head slowly as if to impress how unreasonable that was. "Really? Never heard of him. Also, you have proof of it being 'absolutely legitimate', Mr... SWINDLE?"

Mettaur2
05-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Ryuko shakes her head, "I've been there man. Besides, there's only one stuck up **** I'm after."

At which point Mako stands up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7Nb8OzNH9g), "Besides Ryuko has to beat her herself! That is the way things work! If mysterious strangers appear one day and just solve everything the audience would get angry and then there will certainly never be a second season or even a compilation movie!"

As the lights return to normal you can see Homura and Viral standing in the still open doorway. Homura appears to be carrying some kind of snacks. They are both just standing there, staring.

Viral drawls, "Okay, I think that's enough for today."

" Never said we would solve everything. I know it takes more than one blow to topple things, I'v lived it. It's just this whole thing irritates me!" Hakeshi said, as he stamped his foot over and over and crossed his arm over his chest. " It vexes me to the point that I can't properly express it! It just makes me want to punch someone and make my mark in passing.... Tch..... But you're right.

We're just passing through travelers. We're both outside of our element." Hakeshi grumbled. " time for me, country for Tycho..." he murmured as a quiet whispery aside as he rolls his eyes. " Best we don't kick the anthill over when we're not the ones to stand in it."

Glancing at Homura and Viral with a raised brow, he puffed out a huff. " Best we just enjoy a nice meal, and be grateful for what we have I guess. Try and not to think of it."

Crinos
05-12-2014, 07:28 PM
Panik looks to Pluto, "Sooo, where would we go to start looking for this coffin?"

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 07:53 PM
"I wasn't planning on solving problems, Mako, just a big stinking steam of Eff You to whoever runs things around here, or whatever sticklers for a buncha stooped rules nobody around here gives a flying fig about."

"Oh, you do not want to say that to Gamagoori-san."


" Never said we would solve everything. I know it takes more than one blow to topple things, I'v lived it. It's just this whole thing irritates me!" Hakeshi said, as he stamped his foot over and over and crossed his arm over his chest. " It vexes me to the point that I can't properly express it! It just makes me want to punch someone and make my mark in passing.... Tch..... But you're right.

We're just passing through travelers. We're both outside of our element." Hakeshi grumbled. " time for me, country for Tycho..." he murmured as a quiet whispery aside as he rolls his eyes. " Best we don't kick the anthill over when we're not the ones to stand in it."

Glancing at Homura and Viral with a raised brow, he puffed out a huff. " Best we just enjoy a nice meal, and be grateful for what we have I guess. Try and not to think of it."

Homura drags Viral in with her. "That would probably be for the best."

She leaves her package on the table. "We have brought dessert."


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Haggling time. Barney shook his head slowly as if to impress how unreasonable that was. "Really? Never heard of him. Also, you have proof of it being 'absolutely legitimate', Mr... SWINDLE?"


As you stand there holding it he produces a pistol and fires it into the disc, which absorbs the energy. "Well, it's largely indestructible."


Panik looks to Pluto, "Sooo, where would we go to start looking for this coffin?"

"I have no idea."

((If you want, the two of you can make perception check.))

stavaros-the-arcane
05-12-2014, 08:02 PM
He stares down at it. "Copper? Kid, a fifth of my wiring is copper. Still. it's vintage. That I'll grant you. Definitely worth a pretty penny, no pun intended. But that is a genuine prototype for the shield of the galaxy famous Captain America! Hero of Earth's twentieth century wars. The material alone is virtually indestructible!"


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

Haggling time. Barney shook his head slowly as if to impress how unreasonable that was. "Really? Never heard of him. Also, you have proof of it being 'absolutely legitimate', Mr... SWINDLE?"




As you stand there holding it he produces a pistol and fires it into the disc, which absorbs the energy. "Well, it's largely indestructible."


As they were Haggling, Thunderchild slipped into the part of the shop that any self-respecting semi- to dis- honest merchant had where they kept the good stuff that they were reluctant to part with. The first thing to catch his eye is a basket-handled sword, which closer examination reveals to be a fully functional power sword (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Sword), although Thunderchild can't quite tell which species the design is from. After some brief examination and rummaging he returned to the main part of the shop and looked through the rest of the junk.

"When you two are done I've found what I might consider bartering for."

Thunderchild places a sword and bag of cyborg implants and upgrades on the counter.

---------
OOC: I'll stat the new sword shortly and the implants I'll use for future upgrades since I only have so many points to spend

Enigmatic One
05-12-2014, 08:24 PM
Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"You've made a point. What more would you want then?"

Crinos
05-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Perception: http://orokos.com/roll/192289 id20+6=9. Honestly I've been waiting for Bumil to chime in.

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 10:04 PM
As they were Haggling, Thunderchild slipped into the part of the shop that any self-respecting semi- to dis- honest merchant had where they kept the good stuff that they were reluctant to part with. The first thing to catch his eye is a basket-handled sword, which closer examination reveals to be a fully functional power sword (http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Sword), although Thunderchild can't quite tell which species the design is from. After some brief examination and rummaging he returned to the main part of the shop and looked through the rest of the junk.

"When you two are done I've found what I might consider bartering for."

Thunderchild places a sword and bag of cyborg implants and upgrades on the counter.

---------
OOC: I'll stat the new sword shortly and the implants I'll use for future upgrades since I only have so many points to spend


Barney Hale
HP: 1 / LP: 2

"You've made a point. What more would you want then?"

"I'd take his parrot for the lot of it. Old school cyber pirate kitsch is in this year. Maybe his clothes if he throws in the blaster. Unless you've got anything else you can think of."

stavaros-the-arcane
05-12-2014, 11:12 PM
"I'd take his parrot for the lot of it. Old school cyber pirate kitsch is in this year. Maybe his clothes if he throws in the blaster. Unless you've got anything else you can think of."

"Ha...Ha...Ha, oh what it is to laugh. Sorry the Parrot's not for sale." Thunderchild says, idly switching his arm to welding torch mode. "I'll tell you what, I have here two Spanish Dubloons, gold, from the Seventeenth century century on earth; a Trathian Space Naval Officer's sword from around the same time, custom made with the date of forging stamped on it and far better than the mass produced scrap of the time the common troops had. I'll throw in a rebreather from the subaquatic mining operations on Dagon 5. You'll be hard pressed to find items from that period in condition half this good, so someone in your position should have no trouble profiting from that, especially if pirates are in style these days."

========
Persuasion:1d20+10 → [15,10] = (25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500100/)

Yeoman
05-12-2014, 11:32 PM
"Ha...Ha...Ha, oh what it is to laugh. Sorry the Parrot's not for sale." Thunderchild says, idly switching his arm to welding torch mode. "I'll tell you what, I have here two Spanish Dubloons, gold, from the Seventeenth century century on earth; a Trathian Space Naval Officer's sword from around the same time, custom made with the date of forging stamped on it and far better than the mass produced scrap of the time the common troops had. I'll throw in a rebreather from the subaquatic mining operations on Dagon 5. You'll be hard pressed to find items from that period in condition half this good, so someone in your position should have no trouble profiting from that, especially if pirates are in style these days."

========
Persuasion:1d20+10 → [15,10] = (25) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4500100/)

Gonna wait to see if silvercat wants anything.

flynnarrel
05-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Dr. Bumil

He wanted to ask if she remembered about Bun-bun at least. He wondered if her 'convenient amnesia' extended to a life she ended.

Even the rum raisin was only really yummy instead of mind-blowingly delicious.

He was debating if he even wanted to help her or not. He didn't understand the whole robot-offspring lost-in-time. Neither his life of mystic contemplation nor as a mobster-fighting stage magician prepared him for these concepts. Oddly enough, it was his life as dumpy accountant Harvey Jenkins that came close. He and Beatrice never had kids. They both suspected he couldn't. That was why she left him and 'went off to Reno' as the kids called it these days. He remembered how he imagined it would feel to hold a child of his. If she truly cared about these robot thingys as off spring (and he wasn't one to judge the validity of another person's feelings) then he owed it to her to help. He opened his Third Eye. It probably wouldn't help terribly, but he looked around.




Perception: 1D20+14 = [11]+14 = 25
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=62509)

SilvercatMoonpaw
05-13-2014, 04:17 AM
OOC: Yeah, don't worry about me: I've got nothing at the moment.