PDA

View Full Version : [3e OOC] Xaviers Pokemon Institute

Mr.Sandman
05-02-2014, 06:46 AM
"Eww, Peter Parker! Get that thing off of me this instant!" Kitty Pryde screeched, as she batted at the Spinarak that had leapt off her friends desk into her hair. Her Misdreavus floated through her face and scared the spider pokemon backwards. Tony Stark chuckled, while his red and gold Voltorb hovered in a jovial pattern as they watched their friends. Reed Richards was not as amused, his Spoink hopping angrily beside his desk. "Guys, stop goofing off! Prof. Banner could be here any minute!"

This will be a Pokemon/ Marvel Comics crossover Teen Heroes Game.

Inspired by Mr. Chaos's Harry Potter, Pokemon Master ( https://m.fanfiction.net/s/9305868/1/Harry-Potter-and-the-Master-s-Ball) fanfiction, and Hound's wonderful Pokemon Academy (http://www.atomicthinktank.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=44368) game, both of which I have been re-reading lately, I have been wanting to run a Pokemon game. The rules will be mostly the same as those created/compiled by Hound, Manintights, and Whiteprofit, reposted here for clarity.

Game is 3E, but will be slightly modified. I am allowing for drawbacks like in 2E however everything else will still work normally. Human is PL: 4. You get one Pokemon to start off with at PL: 6 Array's may only have 1 alternate power. Pokemon must be "common variety." No Legendary. Uncommon Pokemon, like Eevee will be accepted but judged with a sterner eye than someone who grabs a mankey.

Your pokemon may only have attacks it can legally learn. Before grabbing attacks,

Examples for Array:
I choose a Charmander, an uncommon Pokemon. He has "Flame Thrower" which I take as Blast 7, with Precise, and Accurate 2. As an Alternative I take "Fire Wave" Cone Blast 6. That's it. No 50 ways to use the same power.

The Pokemon will gain lots of PP's and when they earn 15 they "level up" to the next Power level. You can evolve them any time you up their Power Level, but only basic Pokemon(except Bug pokemon who evolve very fast can be taken at their full form) are allowed to be chosen at the start. PL 10 is pretty much "top tier" and Legendary will be PL 12 or so.

I am open to, and encourage, suggestions, and criticism

Pokemon creation guidelines

Type resistances and costs:
These are taken from the M&M Ultimate Power book and cross referencing with Bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_National_Pok%C3%A9dex_numb er).

If they are Vulnerable, treat the attack as if it were 50% stronger(rounded up) so if you attack with a Damage 6 attack, it is treated as if it were 9.

The opposite for Resist, so a Level 6 attack is treated as level 3.

A pokemon's type resistances are purchased in the powers section using Half-Immunity (2pp each). Vulnerabilities are worth 2pp each. And full immunities to an attack type costs 5 points each.

Please note: Some of the common types may now be incorrect because of the addition of Fairy type. I will be attempting to fix that tonight. Until then, please remember to calculate it into your builds.

Single Pokemon Types
Normal: Cost 3 points (Vulnerability: Fighting. Immunity: Ghost)
Fire: Cost 6 points (Vulnerability: Ground, Rock, Water. Resist: Bug, Fire, Grass, Ice, Steel, Fairy)
Water: Cost 4 points (Vulnerability: Electric, Grass. Resist: Fire, Ice, Steel, Water)
Grass: Grants 2 points (Vulnerability: Bug, Fire, Flying, Ice, Poison. Resist: Electric, Grass, Ground, Water)
Electric: Cost 4 points (Vulnerability: Ground. Resist: Electric, Flying, Steel)
Psychic: Grants 2 points (Vulnerability: Bug, Dark, Ghost. Resist: Fighting, Psychic)
Ice: Grants 6 points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Fire, Rock, Steel. Resist: Ice)
Steel: Cost 23 points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Fire, Ground. Resist: Bug, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Fairy. Immunity: Poison)
Dragon: Cost 2 points (Vulnerability: Dragon, Ice, Fairy. Resist: Electric, Fire, Grass, Water)
Dark: Cost 3 points (Vulnerability: Bug, Fighting, Fairy. Resist: Dark, Ghost. Immunity: Psychic)
Fighting: No Cost (Vulnerability: Flying, Psychic, Fairy. Resist: Bug, Dark, Rock)
Flying: Cost 5 points (Vulnerability: Electric, Ice, Rock. Resist: Bug, Fighting, Grass. Immunity: Ground)
Poison: Cost 6 points (Vulnerability: Ground, Psychic. Resist: Bug, Fighting, Poison, Grass, Fairy)
Ground: Cost 3 points (Vulnerability: Ice, Grass, Water. Resist: Poison, Rock. Immunity: Electric)
Rock: Grants 2 points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Grass, Ground, Steel, Water. Resist: Normal, Fire, Flying, Poison)
Bug: No Cost (Vulnerability: Fire, Flying, Rock. Resist: Fighting, Grass, Ground)
Ghost: Cost 10 points (Vulnerability: Dark, Ghost. Resist: Bug, Poison. Immunity: Fighting, Normal)
Fairy: Cost 7 points(Vulnerability: Poison, Steel. Resist: Fighting, Bug, Dark. Immunity: Dragon)
Common Combos:
Grass/Poison Type: No Cost (Vulnerability: Fire, Flying, Ice, Psychic. Resist: Fighting, Grass, Electric, Water)
Normal/Flying Type: Cost 8 points (Vulnerability: Rock, Electric, Ice. Resist: Bug, Grass. Immunity: Ground, Ghost)
Rock/Water Type: Cost 2 points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Ground, Grass, Electric. Resist: Normal, Flying, Poison, Fire, Ice.)
Water/Ground Type: Cost 11 points (Vulnerability: Grass. Resist: Poison, Rock, Steel, Fire. Immunity: Electric)
Water/Flying Type: Cost 11 points (Vulnerability: Rock, Electric. Resist: Fighting, Bug, Steel, Water, Fire. Immunity: Ground)
Bug/Flying Type: Cost 1 points (Vulnerability: Fire, Electric, Rock, Flying, Ice. Resist: Fighting, Bug, Grass. Immunity: Ground)
Bug/Poison Type: No Cost (Vulnerability: Flying, Rock, Fire, Psychic. Resist: Fighting, Poision, Bug, Grass)
Poison/Flying Type: Cost 5 Points (Vulnerable: Electric, Rock, Ice, Psychic; Resist: Grass, Poison, Fighting, Bug; Immunity: Ground)
Rock/Ground Type: Cost 3 Points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Ground, Steel, Water, Grass, Ice. Resist: Normal, Flying, Poison, Rock, Fire. Immunity: Electric)
Steel/Dark Type: Cost 24 points (Vulnerability: Fighting, Ground, Fire; Resist: Normal, Flying, Rock, Ghost, Steel, Grass, Ice, Dragon, Dark; Immunity: Poison, Psychic)
Steel/Flying Type: Cost 26 points (Vulnerability: Fire, Electric; Resist: Normal, Flying, Bug, Ghost, Steel, Grass, Psychic, Dragon, Dark; Immunity: Poison, Ground)
Fire/Flying Type: Cost 9 points (Vulnerable: Electric, Rock, Water; Resist: Bug, Fire, grass, Steel, Fighting; Immunity: Ground)

Pokemon Drawbacks

Limited Speech: 4 points (all Pokemon should have this, barring odd occurrences like Meowth)
No hands: 4 points (most Pokemon are likely to have this)
Rudimentary Hands: 2 points. Some Pokemon have small appendages that are capable of some degree of manipulation.

Pokemon Size

Using the scale listed below (Originally from the M+M text), and the Bulbapedia resource, find out how large or small your pokemon is. Then apply appropriate numbers of Shrinking or Growth to the base character sheet.

Shrinking and Growth should have the following additions: Permanent, Innate, and Full Power.

Under the Hood: This combination of feats, drawbacks, and flaws means the pokemon always has those characteristics, can't change them, and no one can 'nullify' or turn them off. Powers that allow the pokemon to change size, or abilities that characterize a pokemon to change size may add or lose some of those on a case by case basis (Ex. the power Minimize)
Shrinking, with these modifications, costs 1pp/rank.
Growth, with these modifications, costs 3pp/rank.

Size Chart
Gargantuan: 32-63ft. Apply twelve ranks of Growth (Permanent, Innate). 25 points.
Huge: 16-31ft. Apply eight ranks of Growth (Permanent, Innate). 17 points.
Large: 8-15ft. Apply four ranks of Growth (Permanent, Innate). 9 points.
Medium: 4-8ft. M&M Default
Small: 2-4ft. Apply four ranks of Shrinking (Permanent, Innate). 9 points
Tiny: 1-2ft. Apply eight ranks of Shrinking (Permanent, Innate). 17 points
Diminutive: 6'-1ft. Apply twelve ranks of Shrinking (Permanent, Innate). 25 points

Pokemon Weight
Even the biggest Pokemon is only a couple of thousand pounds. This means that any Pokemon above Large is automatically lighter than the height/weight chart indicates it should be. This will be ignored mostly in the game.

pokemon creation guidelines continued

Base Stats
On the Bulbapedia page if you scroll down there is a "Base stats" option that can help with determining how close to caps your Pokemon should be in various attack styles, how high its defense should be, and how fast it should be.
Due to how subjective the stats are (depending on evolution level and how powerful the pokemon is) a hard-and-fast rule would require way too much math and cause some Pokemon to be just plain weaker than others, but it should provide a good place to start.
Since some Pokemon have sucky stats across the board, just compare it's stats relative to its other stats.

eg, take Houndour (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Houndour#Stats)
Its Attack and speed are significantly higher than it's defenses so I'll be spending my points on a spread something like this: Dex & reflex save high. Fort & Con moderate. Toughness mid-low. Defense mid. Attack high.
You don't need to try and combat cap all your Pokemon. They do have their own strengths and weaknesses, don't be afraid to model them.

Senses
An easy one to forget, just keep an eye on it.
1) Check the Bulbapedia entry and see if they call out a particular sense as being special (like Ralt's emotion sense)
2) See if the creature it's based on would probably have something (eg a dog based Pokemon will probably have Scent and maybe better hearing, while a bird based one probably has extended vision).
3) Do they have a power that may cause a sense? eg en Electric Pokemon may well have a detect electricity sense
4) If none of those come up, probably safe to just assume standard senses.

Movement Modes
Speed, Flight, Burrowing, & Swimming

Under the Hood: A concern when using M+M for ranking speed on characters is that the ranks stack very quickly. Half the amount that Speed goes up by at each rank. EG 0 30ft 1 45 ft 2 75 ft 3 120 ft.
Bycicles and most pokemon should not exceed a speed rank of 1, w/o good cause.
Flight with a flaw: "half speed" is wisely considered for most flying pokemon w/o good cause.
Burrowing and Swimming should not far exceed ranks 1 or 2 w/o good cause.
Improved Initiative can be used to indicate a higher speed for pokemon. Having a higher Dexterity score to show their fast reflexes also works.
Applications of Leaping should be carefully considered, also.
Note: Leaping Rank 1 on a Str 10 character is a jump distance of 20ft.
Quickness, as a movement application, should not be used when designing your pokemon, w/o good cause.
Super-Movement powers like slithering, wall-crawling, or water-walking should be considered for special powers of pokemon where applicable.

Secondary Powers and Flavor Text: What it Means for You and Your Pokemon.
Consider Environmental Adaptation, Favored Environment, and low level immunity or half-effect immunity's based on the flavor text and secondary abilities of your Pokemon. (Find these listed on Bulbapedia)

Example: A water Pokemon, capable of swimming below the surface of the water should include things like: Immunity (Suffocation (Drowning)) and Environmental Adaptation: Underwater.
Example: Some Pokemon are called out as living in Lava, Rocky Mountains, or in extremely hot/cold environments. Heat/Cold immunity's and Adaptations are appropriate here.
Example: High Flying Pokemon might have Environmental Adaptation: High Altitudes
Attacks
Another basic but easy to overlook one. Make sure that Bulbapedia actually says that your mon' can learn the moves you're trying to give it.

Don't forget the use of an unarmed attack. Using it could provide some added strategy in battles.

Pokeballs

Capturing Pokemon
Pokeballs are equipment, purchased with EP, using the Snare Power. The following is a sample build:

Pokeball 10ep - Snare Rank 3 (Feats: Reversible; Extras: Engulf, Range, Regenerating, Alternate Save (Toughness); Flaws: Limited (Wild Pokemon Only)) (Cost 3pp/rank)
What this means is, the player must make a ranged attack roll to hit with the thrown item. On a successful hit, the target must make a toughness save against the Snare rank. On a failed save, the target is bound and helpless or "captured". And the target must be a pokemon and wild.

The target can try to get out using their strength modifier or will save*, whichever is higher. Each round is a separate attempt to escape with the regeneration extra as the damage is erased at the end of each round. The engulfing extra eliminates the 'entangled' failure, means the creature is inside the object, and if the ball receives damage from the outside, it can lose it's ability to hold the captured pokemon.
*House Rule

Pokeballs can be reused, but must be retrieved. Each player receives 5 Pokeballs for free. You can not buy more, that's it. Maximum Team Party of 6 is currently in effect. Perhaps when all players have 6 and the game has been going for a while, more can be captured.

An Explanation
The reasons we chose to use the Snare function are:
:arrow: it is well defined and already exists in the game, allowing disputes to be settled by the books.
:arrow: It allows the pokemon to escape at any time and the trainer can release them at any time, per the existing rules on Snare.
:arrow: A pokemon can return to the pokeball by not fighting the snare, accepting the result. In the show there are times when pokemon refuse to go back into the ball, and this is built into snare already.

Wild Pokemon

Each player will create a list of 15 pokemon. 10 common Pokemon, and 5 Rare.

Players are never obligated to capture a wild pokemon, after all, down the road, you might meet something Legendary... maybe...

-5 Arch Nemesis - This person will plot against you and is driven by hurting you or your loved ones. If something goes terribly wrong for you, they probably planned and put it together. Everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of time and space is your fault. The room goes silent when you're in it together.

-4 Hatred - The person hates you to an extent that they will take risks to attack or interfere with you. They will cause you bodily harm and will act against you whenever they get a chance. If something goes terribly wrong for you, they were probably involved. They will speak against you when something goes wrong. People know they don't like you.

-3 Hostile - They will insult you at every turn and play mean pranks on you when given the chance. They will do anything they can to see you have a bad day, be it through insults, lying, or getting in your way. They will take action outside of their normal activities against you, though may hesitate if it causes physical harm. They will blame things on you.

-2 Rival - They just don't like you and seem to always butt heads with you. They will compete, specifically, against you. They may think of you when they need someone to blame for something bad. If they have an option to stand against you in their normal day, they will. This rivalry may or may not be spoken allowed.

-1 Frienemy - Though they smile to your face, acting as they like you in social situations, you've done something to make them dislike you. They don't hate you and you're not worth the effort to hurt, but they wont help you either. A player may not ever know that someone considers them in this way until they ask for something.

+0 Indifferent - They may not have ever met you and have no opinion on you. They act as socially expected toward you.

+1 School Acquaintance - They will smile and nod your way in the hallway, chat with you about surface things, and politely acknowledge knowing you in conversation elsewhere. "Oh yeah, I know them. We go to school together.." An acquaintance has the disposition to help you, though not with anything extreme.

+2 Buddies/Pals - You hang out from time to time, usually socially. They will do small favors for you without question and consider you in their social circle.

+3 Good Friend - They will assist you in most endeavors: help move your furniture, watch your cat for the weekend, or stand by you in a fight. But even good friends have their limits. They would defend your character to teachers.

+4 Best Friend - They are your best friends, closest and dearest to your heart. They will stand by you through many great trials. Your nemesis is their nemesis. Your problems are their problems. People associate you together. They would defend your character to strangers.

+5 Loyal/Love - They would die for you.[/quote]

A few things I am adding to this will be: 1:The allowance of Variable Descriptor for very similar attacks of different types, but no more than 2 other Types per attack. We began using this in Academy, but it is not in the above rules, so I am putting it here.
2: Type Shifts. Some Pokemon are different from normal specimens of their species. The most common of these is a different coloration, like Tony's Voltorb up there, but some are much more unique. Type shifting changes a single type pokemon to a dual type and switches one of a dual type's for another. Players can have up to 3 type shifted Pokemon on their list of Wild Pokemon, counting as Rare, but will only catch 1. The others may still be encountered as their normal types, unless the player requests for that not to happen. If the game goes on for a very long time and we raise the maximum from 6, than this may change.

The characters can be any established Marvel heroes, no villains please, and can be between the ages of 14 and 17. They will have almost no powers of their own, though a few minor things will be allowed, Psychics are established to exist in the games after all. Most of their powers will be seen in their Pokemon, but I would like to make it clear that 'The Hulk as a Pokemon with Bruce Banner as a trainer' is not what I am looking for. I am looking for a Pokemon Trainer and his partners Inspired by The Hulk/ Banner. Please feel free to go whole hog on town and place names as you wish. The only places I am certain on already are Stanlee City (The biggest city), Kirby City, Martin City (The Capitol), and Mt. Everett.

Plot Details
"Hello. My name is Charles Xavier, but most people just call me Prof. X, the leading authority on Pokemon in the Marvel region. I have recently opened an academy on the outskirts of Stanlee city and you, young sir/madam have been brought to my attention as a potential student. At the Xavier Institute we will teach you to live alongside your Pokemon, work with them, and play with them. The grounds are inhabited by many common Pokemon, and trips into Stanlee every weekend, and field trips approximately once a month, dependent on club choices, will allow you to catch rarer specimens. Some of you may have heard that Team Apocalypse is frighteningly active in Stanlee, but I assure you that our school is one of the safest places in the region. I hope to see you for the beginning of the school year, this coming September.
--- Prof. X

Most plots will be inspired by larger arcs from the comics of the chosen players, and the X Men, with some of the more common Marvel villains such as Hydra(gon) and Apocalypse showing up even if their common heroes are not chosen.

Mr.Sandman
05-02-2014, 06:51 AM
Ok, seeing already that text sizes are different here, will try to fix that later tonight. Also, taking a page from Hounds game that inspired this, we now have a roll call found here. (http://roninarmy.com/threads/120-Xaviers-Pokemon-Index) Please sound off there and here, and we can get this show back on the road soon. IC ( http://roninarmy.com/threads/296-Xaviers-Pokemon-Institute)

The_Watchman
05-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Kurt Wagner - PL 4
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/Kittyzenx/6798158b-53d7-4133-a856-1d833b70ed41_zpsb2d3e457.png
Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
Agile Feint, Close Attack, Equipment 1, Hide in Plain Sight, Skill Mastery: Acrobatics

Skills
Acrobatics 7 (+12), Athletics 6 (+7), Insight 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Pokeballs 4 (+4), Stealth 7 (+12)

Powers
Master Acrobat: Movement 3 (Safe Fall, Wall-crawling 2: full speed)

Equipment
Pokeballs (10), Fencing Gear (Equivalent to Leather Armor), Sword

Offense
Initiative +5
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 11)
Sword, +4 (DC 19)
Throw, +4 (DC 16)
Unarmed, +4 (DC 16)

Complications
Enemy: Team Apocalypse: Kurt's parents are members of Team Apocalypse. He turned against the Team and spoiled a major operation, making him and BAMF major targets for them.
Honor: Swashbuckler: Kurt sees himself as a hero out of an old movie. He'll gladly put himself at risk to help others and take dramatic action when it might behoove him to be more careful.
Rivalry: Kiwi Black: Kurt has a strong rivalry with his brother, Kiwi Black, a mercenary pokemon trainer known to work with Team Apocalypse and favor psychic, electric, and fire types.

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 3, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 28 + Powers 6 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 6 = 60

--------------------

BAMF - PL 6
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/Kittyzenx/5541a0df-06be-4f23-85fa-bdaaef2c894d_zps539be531.png

Species: Zorua
Type: Dark: Cost 3 points (Vulnerability: Bug, Fighting, Fairy. Resist: Dark, Ghost. Immunity: Psychic)
Strength -1, Stamina 2, Agility 5, Dexterity 0, Fighting 1, Intellect -1, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Advantages
Defensive Roll 3

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+9), Ranged Combat: Attack Powers 6 (+6)

Powers
Ability: Illusion: Morph 3 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Broad group)

Hidden Power: Strength-based Strike 4 (fighting, DC 18; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged)

. . Agility
. . . . Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Agility 1 (+1 AGL, Advantages: Improved Initiative 3)
. . . . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)

Natural Size: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size category; Innate; Permanent)

Night Daze
. . Night Daze: Strike 6 (Linked; dark, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Reduce Accuracy: Broad Weaken 2 (Linked; Affects: Attack Rolls, Resisted by: Will, DC 12; Broad: Attack Rolls, Increased Range: ranged; Unreliable (roll))

. . Extrasensory
. . . . Extrasensory: Strike 6 (Linked; DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
. . . . Flinch: Affliction 6 (Linked; psychic, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)

Offense
Initiative +5
Extrasensory: Strike 6, +6 (DC 21)
Flinch: Affliction 6, +6 (DC Will 16)

Grab, +1 (DC Spec 9)
Hidden Power: Strength-based Strike 4, +8 (DC 18)

Night Daze: Strike 6, +6 (DC 21)
Reduce Accuracy: Broad Weaken 2, +6 (DC Will 12)

Throw, +0 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +1 (DC 14)

Languages
Native Language

Defense
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 5, Toughness 5/2, Will 7

Power Points
Abilities 24 + Powers 51 + Advantages 3 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 12 = 95

Drawbacks:
Limited Speech (-4)
No Hands (-4)

Background: Kurt Wagner spent much of his early life as an orphan raised by the circus. He found he had a natural talent for acrobatics and by the time he entered his teens, he was a star attraction. That was what brought him to the attention of his biological parents. His mother Raven had abandoned him at birth to pursue her dreams of wealth and power as a member of Team Apocalypse. But after hearing of his talents, she found a use for the boy. At first Kurt was grateful just to have his family back. He was happy to accept the challenges of sneaking into secure facilities and sneak out a few pokeballs and other treasures. But he quickly came to realize there was something nefarious afoot. He discovered the pokemon were being used for cruel breeding experiments designed by the sinister Dr. Essex. Kurt's conscience finally got the better of him. He broke into the lab late one night and freed all of Essex's captive pokemon. Unfortunately, he set off the alarms and was confronted by his mother and her vicious pack of Pokemon. He desperately fought to buy the time needed for the test subjects to escape but was no match for Raven's cruelty. Even worse, one little Zorua seemed too scared to move. Kurt grabbed the Zorua and ran. He was nearly clear when a psychic blast to the back send him tumbling to the ground. Kurt's vicious older brother Kiwi laughed as he and his Alakazam teleported into view. The little Zorua let out a shriek of rage and massive dark power slammed into the enemy pokemon and their masters. Kurt and the Zorua ran off into the night.

After months on the run, Kurt was offered a home at the Xavier institute and a chance for he and his Zorua, which he named BAMF, to find their own place in the world.

Catch List:
-Normal-
Umbreon
Honedge
Absol
Purrloin
Snivy
Spoink
Litwick
Hawlucha
Fennekin

-Rare-
Cobalion
Golett
Darkrai
Scyther
Farfetch'd

Mr.Sandman
05-02-2014, 06:56 AM
You can pop that right in the new Roll Call as well for reference.

whiteprofit
05-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Lorna Dane
PL 4 - Pokemon Trainer
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPWa1HKnEfxrwqwGC_kNe8OYFcJBXgA e71_6SSsdam4MgxSUB7cQ
Lorna is a 16 year old at the school with her unevolved Magnemite which she's had since a child. Lorna is an average student who's enrollment at the school was heavily aided by her step father's employment as the Earth Sciences teacher. Lorna's mother died a few years ago, leaving her in the custody of her Erik, as she's never known who her real father was (AKA Magneto). In more recent news, Lorna's ex-best friend, Wanda Maximoff, are now rivals after a fiasco involving a boy and a Pokemon battle that brought out some harsh and unkind words just before school started.

Lorna Dane - PL 4

Strength -1, Stamina 1, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Advantages
Defensive Roll 2, Equipment 3, Inspire 3, Luck 2, Set-up, Taunt, Teamwork

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+4), Athletics 4 (+3), Deception 4 (+4), Expertise: Pokemon 4 (+4), Expertise: Pop Culture 4 (+4), Expertise: Science 6 (+6), Insight 4 (+4), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+4), Sleight of Hand 2 (+2), Stealth 2 (+2), Technology 4 (+4), Vehicles 4 (+4)

Equipment
Cell Phone (Smartphone), PokeBall 10, PokeDex 1

Offense
Initiative +0
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 9)
Throw, +4 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 14)

Complications
Rivalry: Wanda Maximoff: Wanda and her Braixen

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 3/1, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 0 + Powers 0 + Advantages 13 + Skills 28 (56 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 58
*I'm aware she is two points shy of being complete. Suggestions welcome.

Polaris
PL 6 - Magnemite
Polaris is a tough little Magnemite with a strongly tested connection to Lorna after years of being together. The small Pokemon is built with a dynamic alternate power for Thundershock and Thunder Wave. At full power, his attack bonus would drop to +4 from +6 to accommodate the higher DC levels. The dynamic alternate effectively allows Polaris to choose the level of stun attached to his attacks. The quirky little machine can also communicate with and hear radio frequencies as well as cause a stunning screech with the same sonic power.

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/6/6c/081Magnemite.png/250px-081Magnemite.png
Polaris - Magnemite - PL 6
Strength -3, Stamina 0, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect -4, Awareness 0, Presence 0

Skills
Perception 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Thunder Wave: Affliction 8 6 (+6)

Powers
Steel/Electric Type: Feature 21 (Notes: Immune: Poison
Weak: Fire, Fighting, Ground
Resistant: Steel, Fairy, Electric, Flying Rock, Bug, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Normal, Dragon)
Levitate: Flight 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round)
Magnetic Pull: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Limited: Metal, Limited to Lifting)
Senses: Senses 4 (Awareness: Polar/Magnetic , Direction Sense, Radio, Ultra-hearing)
Steel Body: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Tiny: Shrinking 8 (-2 STR, -4 Intimidate, +8 Stealth, +4 active defenses, -2 size categories, -1 speed ranks; Innate; Permanent)

Shock/Magnet Bomb: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, Variable Descriptor: close group - Steel/Electric)
. . Metal Sound: Burst Area Affliction 6 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere)
Thunderbolt: Blast 8 ([6 active, 16/16 PP, 2/r], DC 21; Linked: Thunder Wave: Affliction 8 )
. . Thunder Wave: Affliction 8 (Alternate; [2 active, 16/16 PP, 2/r], 1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 12; Increased Range: ranged)

Offense
Initiative +2
Grab, +0 (DC Spec 7)
Metal Sound: Burst Area Affliction 6 (DC Fort 16)
Shock/Magnet Bomb: Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Throw, +0 (DC 12)
Thunder Wave: Affliction 8, +6 (DC Fort 12)
Thunderbolt: Blast 8, +6 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 12)

Complications
Distracted: Magnetic Fields
Hindered Evolution: Needs other Magnemites to evolve

Drawbacks
No Hands, -4 pnts
No Verbal, -4 pnts

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 6

Power Points
Abilities -6 + Powers 77 + Advantages 0 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Defenses 14 - Drawbacks 8 = 90

Wild Pokemon Wish List

Pawnard
Mareep
Plusle/Minun
Shinx
Shieldon
Electabuzz
Skarmony
Beldum/Metang
Mawhile
Bronzong
Steelix
Excadrill
Forretress
Escavalier

Mr.Sandman
05-06-2014, 06:41 AM
Hopeing the others will see this if I move it back to the first page.

The_Watchman
05-06-2014, 11:32 AM
Hopeing the others will see this if I move it back to the first page.
I certainly hope so. It seems like there've been quite a few people lost in the changeover.

Mr.Sandman
05-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Is it just me or does the default keep a lot less on page 1 than the old forums? Anyway, I am bumping this back up again, and if noone has returned by next wednesday I will start recruiting again. Hopefully everyone made the changeover ok by then.

The_Watchman
05-08-2014, 06:49 AM
Is it just me or does the default keep a lot less on page 1 than the old forums? Anyway, I am bumping this back up again, and if noone has returned by next wednesday I will start recruiting again. Hopefully everyone made the changeover ok by then.
It's definitely a smaller number of threads per page.

whiteprofit
05-08-2014, 11:34 AM
The previous ATT was 15 per page. The default here is 10. I bumped mine to 20 and it feels a lot better.

Evolución
05-09-2014, 06:07 AM
I'm here. Sadly I lost my character now that the forums are no longer visible. I hope I'll get it back if they re-open it eventually.

Mr.Sandman
05-12-2014, 07:29 PM
It is good to know everybody wasn't lost in the changeover. Hopefully the old forums are back to being visible soon so we can continue, I would rather this game not die due to time lost from that. Is anyone opposed to waiting until Friday in the hopes that the old forum is integrated to begin? If none of the others respond by then I will also open recruitment for 2 replacement slots as we begin. Evo, if it does not return by then can you estimate your stats enough to last a few days?

Evolución
05-13-2014, 05:30 AM
I don't mind waiting.

The_Watchman
05-13-2014, 05:37 AM
Nor do I.

whiteprofit
05-13-2014, 02:19 PM
Still here. Ready whenever.

Evolución
05-15-2014, 11:24 AM
Name: Peter Parker
Bio:
Peter never liked the same stuff than other kids. He loved to live reclusively, alone and apart. His pokemon Weedle was one of the first bug pokemons he saw, and instantly grew an addiction for these pokemons. He loves photography and copnstantly spans shots them.
Hank Pim usually gave him a hard time, bulling him around for his strange lifestyle.
Eventually, Peter got into Xavier's school for his high grades, although Hank also got in due to his father's influences....

http://static.zerochan.net/Bug.Catcher.Boy.%28Trainer.Class%29.full.1193205.j pg

Complications
Reclusive : While Peter loves the wilderness, he also loves to explore them alone.
Enemy : Hank Pim, his old town rival
Bug addict: He loves bug pokemons to the extreme, often getting distracted when a new one shows up

Abilities ( 20 pp)
Strength 0 , Stamina 2 , Agility 1 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 1 , Intellect 4 , Awareness 2 , Precence 0 .

Advantages ( 14 pp)
Team work 1 , Inventor 1 , Skill mastery 1 , Inspire 2 , Luck 3 , Improved initiative 1 , Well informed 1 , Edietic memory 1 ,Equipment 3.

Skills ( 19 pp)
Acrobatics 0 (+ 1 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise( Pokemons ) 8 (+ 12 ), Insight 6 (+ 8 ), Treatment 6 (+ 10 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 4 ), Close (Club) 4 (+ 5 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Ranged combat 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 10 (+ 12 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 4 (+ 8 ), Stealth 0 (+ 1 ).

Offence
Initiative: 5
Club + 5 Attack for DC: 17 Range: 0 ( )

Defence ( 7 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 3
Dodge: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 3
Toughness: Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 1 )= 3
Fortitude: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 2
Will: Rank ( 3 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 5

Equipment
Leather jacket 1 ep
smartphone 2 ep
pokeballs 10 ep
Pokedex 1 ep
Club 2 ep

Power points
Abilities 20 + Defences 7 + Skills 19 + Advanteges 14 + Powers 0 = 60

http://www.animeyume.com/poke_dex/weedle.jpg

Name: Spidey
Pokemon: Weedle, Bug type
Complications
Limited speech : 4 points
No hands : 4 points

Abilities ( 26 pp)
Strength 2 , Stamina 2 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 2 , Fighting 2 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 38 pp)

- Silk string ( Affliction 6 : 1: Hindered 2: immobile, 3: Incapacitated. Fort. Extras: Area line ) · 12 point/s

- Poisoning worm ( Immunity : Poison ) · 1 point/s

- Tiny worm feet ( AP: Movement 1 : Wallcrawlin, swinging, slithering ) · 8 point/s

- Chitin exoskeleton ( Protection 4 ) · 4 point/s

- Poisoned stinger ( Strike 4 : STR based, Penetrating 4, Secondary effect ) · 12 point/s
- Swinging slam ( AP: Strike 4 : Area Line, Secondary effect ) · 1 point/s

Advantages ( 8 pp)
Hide in plain sight 1, Imp. Initiative 1 , Power attack 1 , Favoured environm. (Forest) 1 , All out attack 1 , Imp. Critical (unnarmed) 1 , Prone fighting 1 , Evasion 1
Skills ( 11 pp)
Acrobatics 4 (+ 6 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 4 (+ 6 ), Expertise( Nature ) 0 (+ 3 ), Insight 0 (+ 3 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close (unarmed) 4 (+ 6 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 2 ), Perception 4 (+ 7 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 6 (+ 8 ),

Offence
Initiative: 6
Silk string (bug) + Line area Attack for DC: 16 Range: Ranged ( )
Poisoned stinger (poison) + 6 Attack for DC: 21 Range: Ranged ( )
Swinging slam (normal) + Line area Attack for DC: 21 Range: melee ( )
Unnarmed + 2 Attack for DC: 17 Range: melee ( )
Grab + 2 Attack for DC: 12 Range: melee ( )

Defence ( 15 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Dodge: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Toughness: Feat/power ( 4 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Fortitude: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Will: Rank ( 3 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6

Evolución
05-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Old forums are back up again

Mr.Sandman
05-16-2014, 04:14 PM
And we are back. ( http://roninarmy.com/threads/296-Xaviers-Pokemon-Institute) And recruiting 2 to fill out again, as soon as I figure out how to change the title.

Mr.Sandman
05-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Don't forget to add Peter and Spidey to the Roll Call.

I have posted Nico and Sister Grimm (http://roninarmy.com/threads/120-Xaviers-Pokemon-Index?p=7121#post7121) in the Role Call thread. I'll try to have her background finished up tonight.
Sorry for leaving y'all before.

Mr.Sandman
05-20-2014, 07:56 PM
And, could you also add your 'wish list' of 15 to the roll call as well Evolucion?

Oh, I did complete Nico's background.
Not my finest work (I hope). Mostly I just summarized the first Runaways story arc and set it in the PokeMon world.

Mr.Sandman
05-23-2014, 07:04 AM
Spidey goes first.

Also, Xero has informed me he will not be returning, so Bruce will be changed to an NPC.

Baconboy
05-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Hey there guys,

I just got the heads up from mr. Sandman that this game is looking for new recruits so I'd be happy to throw my hat in the ring.
At the moment I'm trying to decide on my charatcer and have a few ideas. Maybe the lot of you could take a lot and tell me what you'd prefer on adding to your game.

Japeth: South african youth with an iron stomach and his partner Maggot (goomy)
Sam Wilson: African american and a typical Jock. Dreams to one day fly on his partner's back. Teams up with Redwing (pidgey)
Quentin Quire: Smartass, trouble with authority and highly manipulative. Underneath it all lies the potential for greatness. He partners with Phoenix (Larvesta) If that would be too rare his starter would be paragon (a male Ralts)

I'm kinda leaning towards using Quentin quire myself, I love the character in the comics and it would be awesome to give my own spin to him. I'm fine with playing as any of these three though, so let me know what you'd prefer.

BB

Mr.Sandman
05-24-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm sorry to say I see a few problems Baconboy. Your number one pick is a villain, and I don't want to have villains as the heroes, sorry. In the roll call Sam Wilson is already the Flying type gym leader, though he has yet to actually be introduced so that could change if necessary. Ultimately it is up to you who you choose, Japheth, Sam, or someone else entirely, but I am going to have to give a hard no on Quentin.

Baconboy
05-24-2014, 12:38 PM
No problem whatsoever Sandman. I'll get back to brainstorming about a character.
While I don't agree on quentin quire being a villain. (last I saw of him was a future self that was an x-man and wielded the Phoenix force.) I do get your hard no. I'll take a more detailed look at the setting posts to see which characters are already in the game.

Baconboy
05-26-2014, 01:46 AM
I've been mulling this over and have decided to go for a character I've always loved, even though he's been mostly neglected lately.

David Alleyne (prodigy). African american, highly intelligent and a tactical genius. In pokemon he values versatility above everthing else.
He's partnered up with Professor (Psyduck). I'm trying to get a build done by today (hopefully get it done during my work somewhere). I've already
found a psyduck build on the old boards that I'll be editing to my liking and David himself shouldn't be too hard to stat up.

BB

Baconboy
05-27-2014, 12:23 AM
hey guys,

I've been toying with my psyduck build and have stumbled upon a couple of things I'm not sure how best to stat them up. I was hoping the helpfull
folks of Roninarmy could share their thoughts on these 2 things.

First of I would like to give my psyduck confusion as an attack.
I Think I'll just link a ranged damage effect to some sort of affliction. What I'm not sure of is what the stages of the affliction should be
(should it even be possible to hurt yourself due to being confused?) I was also thinking of making this attack perception range, but that might be too
expensive.

My second question is regarding disable. I'm plannin to have this as an alternate power to confusion and obviously would be some type of temporary
Nullify effect. I have absolutely no clue how to have it work on any type of attack (with a limit to the last attack used against the pokemon).
Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

BB

Evolución
05-27-2014, 06:24 AM
hey guys,

I've been toying with my psyduck build and have stumbled upon a couple of things I'm not sure how best to stat them up. I was hoping the helpfull
folks of Roninarmy could share their thoughts on these 2 things.

First of I would like to give my psyduck confusion as an attack.
I Think I'll just link a ranged damage effect to some sort of affliction. What I'm not sure of is what the stages of the affliction should be
(should it even be possible to hurt yourself due to being confused?) I was also thinking of making this attack perception range, but that might be too
expensive.

My second question is regarding disable. I'm plannin to have this as an alternate power to confusion and obviously would be some type of temporary
Nullify effect. I have absolutely no clue how to have it work on any type of attack (with a limit to the last attack used against the pokemon).
Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

BB

On confusion, if it gets too expensive you could always make it as an affliction: Dazed, Compelled, Controlled, Limited (Only one order: Hit yourself) That way it's cheaper than a perception ranged attack.
The same way you can tweak Nullify to work on the last attack used.

Baconboy
05-27-2014, 06:57 AM
On confusion, if it gets too expensive you could always make it as an affliction: Dazed, Compelled, Controlled, Limited (Only one order: Hit yourself) That way it's cheaper than a perception ranged attack.
The same way you can tweak Nullify to work on the last attack used.

sounds quite good to me actually. I'm nearly done with the Psyduck build now, all that's left is statting up David himself.
I hope the game gets a bit more active in the coming weeks. Seems a shame to have this slowly fizzle before I make my introductions...

BB

Baconboy
05-28-2014, 02:18 AM
David's been statted.

David Alleyne
PL 4 - Pokemon Trainer

picture will follow

David has enrolled at the school together with his Psyduck, whom he’s nicknamed professor. A highly intelligent and analytical mind,
he values versatility and adaptability above raw power in pokemon. His keen mind has not helped him in social situations, coming off as snarky and a bit of a know-it-all. His parents sent him to the school for gifted pokemon trainers mainly to meet kindred spirits and help him adapt to society as a whole. David isn’t shy about his goals. He makes it clear to anyone who wants to hear that he will be the next pokemon champion.

David Alleyne - PL 4

Strength -1, Stamina -1, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 4, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
Assessment, Eidetic memory, Equipment 5, Improved initiative, Improvised tools, Inventor, Luck 2

SkillsExpertise: Pokemon 8 (+12), Expertise: Science 10 (+14), Insight 6 (+8), Investigation 6 (+10) Perception 8 (+10), Technology 10 (+14) Vehicles 6 (+6)

EquipmentPokegear, PokeBall 10, Speed skates, ‘Neo specs’, laptop.
Neo Specs: Darkvision, distance sense, infravision, extended sight, GPS, bluetooth connection with pokegear. (8EP)

Offense
Initiative +4
Throw, +0 (DC 14)
Unarmed, +0 (DC 14)

Complications
Reputation: Know it all. David is a smart guy and he has no trouble showing this. He won’t hesitate to correct others and point out their ignorance.

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 3, Fortitude 1, Toughness 3/1, Will 4

Power Points
Abilities 6 + Powers 0 + Advantages 12 + Skills 27 (54 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 60

List of pokemon David would like to Encounter:

Bulbasaur
Ponyta
Girafarig
Heracross
Sneasel
Miltank
Mudkip
Seedot
Mawile
Tropius
Joltik
Ferroseed
Golett
Skrelp
Goomy

Professor
PL 6 - Psyduck
Professor is a Psyduck with a very intelligent look in his eyes, uncommon to the species. It also lacks the usual carelesness and happy go lucky mentality most of its kin exhibit. Since it’s capture it has shown a high tolerance for pain, only very rarely succumbing to the immense headaches most psyduck suffer due to lack of control over their latent psychic powers. Professor’s psychic prowess is starting to show, albeit in a limited fashion. David sees the pokemon as his partner and best friend and they continuosly work together to increase their bond and abilities. Most recently they’ve booked success in regulating the temperature of the water Professor can release, enabling them to perform Scald and icebeam attacks.

Professor - Psyduck- PL 6
Strength -1, Stamina -1, Agility 0, Dexterity 1, Fighting 1, Intellect 2, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Skills
Perception 4 (+6), insight 4 (+6)

Advantages
Close attack 5, ranged attack 5

Powers
Water type: Feature 4 (Notes: Weak: Grass, Electric
Resistant: Fire, Ice, Steel, Water)
Aquatic (Advantages: Favored Environment: Aquatic)
. . Immunity: Immunity 2 (Environmental Condition: Underwater, Suffocation: Pressure)
. . Movement: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Underwater)
. . Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)
. . Swimming: Swimming 2 (Speed: 2 miles/hour, 30 feet/round)
Small: Shrinking 4 (-1 STR, -2 Intimidate, +4 Stealth, +2 active defenses, -1 size categories; Innate; Permanent)

Scald: ranged Damage 6 (DC 21; Linked: Affliction 6; 1st degree: impaired, 2nd degree: disabled, resisted by fortitude DC 16, Increased range: ranged; limited degree<water>
. . Ice beam: ranged Damage 4(DC 19; Linked: Affliction 4; 1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Immobile, 3rd degree: Paralysed; resisted by fortitude DC 14, Increased range: ranged;<Ice>
. . Confusion: Perception Area Affliction 6 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 16; Perception Area, Reversible, quirk: controlled produces random effect per discretion of GM)<psychic>

Fury Swipes: Srength based damage 6 (DC 20, Multiattack)<normal>
. . Zen Headbut: Damage 6 (DC21)<psychic>

Offense
Initiative +0
Scald: Ranged damage +6 (DC 21, affliction DC 16 Fort)
Ice beam: Ranged Damage +6 (DC 19, affliction DC 14 Fort)
Confusion: Affliction 6, +6 (DC 16 Fort)
Fury swipes +6 (DC 20, multiattack)
Zen headbutt, +6 (DC 21)

Drawbacks
Rudimentary Hands, -2 pnts
No Verbal, -4 pnts

Defense
Dodge 4, Parry 5, Fortitude 4, Toughness 4, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 12 + Powers 47 + Advantages 10 + Skills 4 (8 ranks) + Defenses 17 - Drawbacks 6 = 90

whiteprofit
05-28-2014, 06:03 AM
lol, confusion's effect in the game never made sense to me. I assumed it meant they were running into things, thinking they were their target. In M+M this could even mean attacking their trainer... :) Forcing them to withdraw them.

Mr.Sandman
05-28-2014, 08:29 PM
No fizzle, just a busy workweek, sorry. Yah, this ( http://www.google.com/search?q=pokemon+confusion+comic&client=ms-android-verizon&hl=en&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yaeGU8n9LJStsATLvoD4Bw&ved=0CDsQ7Ak&biw=320&bih=455) never made much sense to me for confusion. A limited controlled could work though, perhaps randomized like 2E confusion? Make a couple of possible outcomes and the victim rolls Will each round to pick one with Act Normally being at the top? Maybe Misfire (with potential for self injury backlash), attack other target, and something else?

Pacattack25
05-30-2014, 07:35 AM
I wanted to make sure you were still recruiting before making a really long post that won't be used: I'm interested but I don't have 3e - and if I'm allowed will be using my 2e hero lab for this, and therefore mistakes in my powers may happen... but like I said I'm interested and would like to join!

Evolución
05-30-2014, 12:36 PM
I wanted to make sure you were still recruiting before making a really long post that won't be used: I'm interested but I don't have 3e - and if I'm allowed will be using my 2e hero lab for this, and therefore mistakes in my powers may happen... but like I said I'm interested and would like to join!

http://www.d20herosrd.com/

I'm willing to help with 2E to 3E conversions as well.

Pacattack25
05-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Matt Murdock
STR 0, STA 2, AGI 4, DEX 2, FGT 1, INT 2, AWE 2, PRE 5
Abilities 36

Dodge +4 (+4 Agi +0)
Parry +3 (+1 Fgt +2)
Tough +2 (+2 Sta)
Fort +3 (+2 Sta +1)
Will +2 (+2 Awe +0)
Defenses 3

Initiative +4
Unarmed +1 Close, DC 15 Tough
Nunchaku +3 Close, DC 17 Tough

Skills 19 points (38 points spent)
Skills: Athletics 10 (10 points spent), Close Combat (Nunchaku) 3 (2), Intimidation 14 (9), Investigation 10 (8), Persuasion 14 (9)

Advantages (1)
Assessment

Powers: Super Hearing (Senses 2) [3]
Accurate Hearing; Innate

Speed 1 [1]
(60 ft/move)

Equipment:
Commlink (rename here), Pokeball, Nunchaku (Str-based Damage 2; 2 ep)

Complication:
Disability: Blindness
Vulnerability: loud noises
Justice-bound. He will go out of his way - even risking his life - for the just cause

Abilities 36 + Skills 19 + 1 Advantages + 4 powers = 60/60

Backstory: Matt Murdock lost his mother at a very young age - leaving his father to be his only caretaker - his father had taught him everything he knows about battling with pokemon and gave him a shinx to start him off with. One day matt saw an old man about to be ran over by a truck with some strange symbol on it: after saving the man some liquid spilled on his eyes blinding him but making his sense of hearing much stronger.

Daredevil
(Shinx)
Abilities [40]
STR 2/0, STA 3, AGI 5, DEX 0, FGT 5, INT 1, AWE 2, PRE 3

Defenses [0]
Dodge +9 (+5 Agi +4 Size +0)
Parry +9 (+5 Fgt +4 Size +0)
Tough +3 (+3 Sta)
Fort +3 (+3 Sta +0)
Will +2 (+2 Awe +0)

Initiative +9
Unarmed +6/9 Close, DC 13 Tough
Spark +6/9 Close, DC 19 Tough/14 Fort (Electric)
Bite +6/9 Close; DC 18 Fort (Dark)

Skills: 10 (20 points)
Deception +14 (11 points spent), Intimidation 4 (5), Investigation 2 (1), Stealth 16 (3)

Advantages [7]
Close Attack
Fascinate (Deception)
Fearless
Improved Initiative 1
Ranged Attack
Redirect
Equipment

Powers: 41
Shrinking 8 [9]
Permanent; innate

Flash (Selective Environment 5: Bright Light) [15]
AE: Visual Dazzle 5 [1]
Reduced Range (Close), Area (Cloud)

Spark
Strike 4 [4] - <Electric>
Linked Affliction 4 [8]
Extra Condition
Fort: Hindered and Vulnerable, Defenseless and Immobilized, Paralyzed

AE: Bite [1] - <Dark>
Strike 3
Alternate Resistance (Fortitude)

Guts (Enhanced Trait 3) [2]
Close Attack 3
Limited (Only when suffering a negative status effect)

Speed [1]
30 ft/round

Equipment:
Leftovers (Regeneration 5; 5 ep)
(Once/2 rounds)

Resist: Flying, Electric, Steel
Vulnerable Ground

No hands -4
(I'm still deciding on limited speech - it's always been my opinion that any pokemon could learn it given the will to - in fact that's meowth's back story in a nut shell and sphinx defiantly has the intelligence/awareness to speak normally... perhaps)
No wish to speak -2 (He CAN - he just chooses not to 8-9 times out of 10)
Abilities 38 + Defenses 0 + Skills 10 + Advantages 7 + Powers 41 = 88/90

Apparently you can't have a message that is all quote so: still need ideas for other two complications on main hero
Also catch list (which I honestly forgot)
Common
Fletchling
Furfrou (color shifted but also only here as a dog to take care of so... I just can't immagine that puppy as a fighter...)
Honededge
Absol
Seviper
Nidorin (I don't care about gender as it can matter)
Starly
trapinch
chingling
cubcho
flotzel
Uncommon
Abra
Staryu
Eevee
riolu
Goomy

Baconboy
06-02-2014, 11:19 PM
No fizzle, just a busy workweek, sorry. Yah, http://www.google.com/search?q=pokemon+confusion+comic&client=ms-android-verizon&hl=en&source=android-browser-type&v=133247963&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yaeGU8n9LJStsATLvoD4Bw&ved=0CDsQ7Ak&biw=320&bih=455] ( [url) this[/url] never made much sense to me for confusion. A limited controlled could work though, perhaps randomized like 2E confusion? Make a couple of possible outcomes and the victim rolls Will each round to pick one with Act Normally being at the top? Maybe Misfire (with potential for self injury backlash), attack other target, and something else?

I've seen a build for a confusion power on the old boards (it's on a baltoy) and I think I'll stick with that.
It would be a perception area affliction (entranced, compelled, controlled). I might add a quirk where the effect of controlled is randomised
(which would be up to your discretion.) Just a bit of number crunching left to do, before the professor will finally be finished.
I can't wait to jump into this game.

BB

The_Watchman
06-03-2014, 06:01 AM
I'm ready to move ahead if everyone else is.

Baconboy
06-03-2014, 06:28 AM
Professor is up as well. Let me know if it's okay for you.

BB

Mr.Sandman
06-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Pacattack25: What is Wanes last name? I am having trouple finding a Marvel character with that name. Also, what kind of Pokemon is Nicolas?

Baconboy: Everything looks good, just remember to put the type descriptor in <> after your attacks.

Evolución
06-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Name: Paras
Type: Bug
Complications
Limited speech : 4 points
Rudimentary hands : 2 points

http://www.animeyume.com/poke_dex/paras.jpg

Abilities ( 22 pp)
Strength 5 , Stamina 1 , Agility 3 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 1 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 1 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 31 pp)

- Stun Spore ( Affliction 7 : 1: Dazd 2: Stunned, 3: Paralyzed. Fort. Extras: Area Cloud, Cumulative, Sense dependant (olfactory) ) · 12 point/s
- Spore ( AP: Affliction 7 : 1: Fatigued 2: Prone, 3: Asleep. Fort. Extras: Area Cloud, Cumulative, Sense dependant (olfactory) ) · 1 point/s

- Dig ( Burrowing 1 : Penetrating ) · 2 point/s
- Climb ( AP: Movement 1 : Wallcrawling ) · 1 point/s

- Chitin exoskeleton ( Protection 5 : 0 ) · 5 point/s

- Life-leech ( Healing 9 : Persistent, Limited: Only usuable when grabbing; Limited: Only usuable in self ) · 10 point/s

Advantages ( 8 pp)
Hide in plain sight 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , Fast grab 1 , Power attack 1 , All out attack 1 , Move-by action 1 , Evasion 1.

Skills ( 10 pp)
Acrobatics 0 (+ 3 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 4 (+ 9 ), Expertise( Nature ) 0 (+ 1 ), Insight 2 (+ 3 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close (unarmed) 6 (+ 7 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 2 (+ 3 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 6 (+ 9 ),

Offence
Initiative: 3
Spore + Cloud area Attack for DC: 16 Range: Ranged ( )
Stun spore + Cloud area Attack for DC: 16 Range: Ranged ( )
Unnarmed + 7 Attack for DC: 20 Range: melee ( )
Grab + 7 Attack for DC: 20 Range: melee ( )

Defence ( 18 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Dodge: Rank ( 3 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Toughness: Feat/power ( 5 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Fortitude: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
Will: Rank ( 5 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6

Mr.Sandman
06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Paras Looks good, feel free to pop him into your Roll Call team.

Pacattack25
06-03-2014, 02:41 PM
I needed to make a new hero based off of marvel, so it'll be a day or two of making sure that I have everything correct in 3 as apposed to 2... but like I said a day or two

Baconboy
06-03-2014, 04:11 PM
I will. Feel free to drop me into the school at Any time you'd like

BB

Mr.Sandman
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
Baconboy, you are in the same homeroom as the rest so feel free to post.

Pacattack25
06-06-2014, 01:02 AM
I'm deciding how much of the true backstory I want as part of my character... and thus the two other complications, but I should have those in by the end of the week (the 7th) - I'm pretty sure that I'm drop-in able now as the character is more or less done...

Baconboy
06-06-2014, 02:04 AM
I've done some updates on both David's backstory and to the list of pokemon he wants to encounter.
My apologies for the multiple posts in the roll call thread. I've deleted the double posts.
I'll cook somethin up for my first post.

Thanks for this opportunity Mr. Sandman.

BB

Baconboy
06-06-2014, 06:56 AM
one question about Kurt's Zorua.

Would a quick scan with the pokedex reveal it's true identity?

BB

The_Watchman
06-06-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm honestly not sure. My understanding is that Illusion is a pretty effective disguise (at least until it uses powers the form its imitating could not have or it gets hit with effects that don't have the right effect for its apparent type). In M&M game terms, BAMF has a +23 Disguise (Morph and Presence 3) so I imagine he can fool most sorts of visual examinations and the like.

It's Sandman's call of course and as a player, I have no problem with other PCs finding out BAMF's real pokemon type but Kurt and BAMF are pretty determined to hide it IC to keep Team Apocalypse from finding them. It's kind of like Nightcrawler's true appearance in the X-Men comics and X-Men Evolution. He tries to hide it from people he doesn't trust.

Baconboy
06-06-2014, 07:32 AM
I see where you're going.
I wouldn't mind if Sandman ruled against finding out with a Dex.

IC David would keep it to himself for now.

In the video games it can fool players, who are armed with pokedexes.

Mr.Sandman
06-06-2014, 01:13 PM
It is stated as Morph, not Illusion, so the effect is not dependent on the senses of the viewer, but on the skill of the user. The way I see it a Pokedex just takes a picture and cross references it with its database, so I am going to say no.

Edit: Also, Pacattack, yah feel free to drop in with the others.

Mr.Sandman
06-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Pacattack: HP=1 unless you have the Luck advantage, and are not tied to any ability score.

Pacattack25
06-07-2014, 05:35 AM
OH hero point not health point AHA! also I'm realizing this character might pose a problem to kirt as if I remember correctly Disguise is vision based... and I would easily HEAR through the disguise... "Visual perception is also used to detect someone in disguise" - nevermind then I shouldn't have any issues then ... but logically I wouldn't even know it WAS in disguise to begin with as I couldn't see it - but could hear it for what it really is with my improved hearing... *sigh* GM help?

Mr.Sandman
06-07-2014, 07:50 AM
It is an interesting conundrum. I am going to say it is possible, but you would take a penalty dependent on the closeness of the forms. Part of the disguise would be mimicking the 'voice' of the other pokemon, and as eevee and its true form are both furred mammals of the same approximate size it would be incredibly difficult to differentiate between them by sound alone. If the chosen form was a Ghastly instaid it would be easier as you could hear its footfalls, and know Ghastly doesn't have those.

Pacattack25
06-07-2014, 10:12 AM
True the two pokemon are VERY similar so your right possible but not likely I suppose it would depend on how "Accurate" my hearing is though I have it but I'm not quite sure what it does in 3...

Pacattack25
06-10-2014, 06:15 AM
I just realized why a d20 roll for the test as apposed to your greatest rank of the 3 was a bad idea: assuming the test wasn't "all the answers are c" This is a test of our base skill - therefore each question we got right on the test would be a question we would get right latter: ie if I roll a 19+2 here and a 3+2 latter for the same thing it means I've SOMEHOW known the answer on a written test enough to get it right full credit but somehow know not know it... unless we can use that roll we got on the pretest for latter usage it just seems like using a roll as apposed to a straight "your int score is 2 so you get 12" - or something on the order thereof contradicts itself for latter in the story I'm not going to get 20 + most of the time on my checks and yet I've somehow managed to know most intermediate knowledge before the test - how is this possible?

Baconboy
06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Pacattack25
Re: Xaviers Pokemon Institute

I just realized why a d20 roll for the test as apposed to your greatest rank of the 3 was a bad idea: assuming the test wasn't "all the answers are c" This is a test of our base skill - therefore each question we got right on the test would be a question we would get right latter: ie if I roll a 19+2 here and a 3+2 latter for the same thing it means I've SOMEHOW known the answer on a written test enough to get it right full credit but somehow know not know it... unless we can use that roll we got on the pretest for latter usage it just seems like using a roll as apposed to a straight "your int score is 2 so you get 12" - or something on the order thereof contradicts itself for latter in the story I'm not going to get 20 + most of the time on my checks and yet I've somehow managed to know most intermediate knowledge before the test - how is this possible?

It might be because English isn't my first language, but I have no idea whatsoever what you just asked.

The_Watchman
06-10-2014, 08:06 AM
It's just an abstraction. Filling out the test is the same as making an expertise roll to recognize a particular animal or technology to fix a car. The questions on the test aren't specified so what you roll for the test really doesn't matter for later rolls. Even if it was a specific question like "what type is Pikachu?" then if that question came up again you could either just know without a roll or if the GM called for a roll, a failure could mean you just forgot. I've seen plenty of students completely miss questions they've answered correctly on previous tests. Everyone forgets things.

Mr.Sandman
06-10-2014, 11:56 AM
And there is a vast difference between what you remember when sitting in a calm classroom setting and what you will remember in practical application. For a simple example: I aced my permit test, a written exam with a laughable time limit, but took my actual drivers test three times, barely passing.

Pacattack25
06-10-2014, 01:52 PM
The second one has merit... point taken

Baconboy
06-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Just wanted to see what's up here.

I'm really psyched to get this going some more, I'm gonna take a wild gues we're going to battle eachother. (or maybe together).
Just hope we'll be able to advance the story in the near future. I would hate to have this fizzle before we get on the way.

BB

Evolución
06-13-2014, 05:41 AM
I see you are over excited, Mr. Sandman's games have this kind of pace; they are slow but endure. My advice is to relax ;)

Mr.Sandman
06-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Yah, sorry. I work 10-10 at a moderately busy restaurant most days, so some days I just pass out when I get home instaid of updating.

Baconboy
06-13-2014, 06:34 AM
I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if that was implied.
It's good to hear this is the pace we're to expect, I'll just adjust my expectations.;)

Pacattack25
06-16-2014, 05:33 AM
GM you don't mind me using the shinx as a breathing walking stick do you? as you said accurate allows me to target as long as the shinx allows me to target him I should be able to follow it fairly well

Pacattack25
06-18-2014, 05:39 PM
does not understand why I can't get a simple answer... within a week of posting a question...

Mr.Sandman
06-19-2014, 06:21 PM
Greetings and Apologies. It has been a rather busy week, but I wished to inform you all that I had not dropped off of the world. Expect an update at some point tomorrow, either early morning or late evening.

Also, indeed. That will be fine.

Baconboy
06-30-2014, 02:02 AM
anyone still here?

Indeed.

Evolución
06-30-2014, 07:35 AM
I'm here.