PDA

View Full Version : [3e OOC] Age of Set

Bladewind
10-20-2014, 06:12 PM
On more than one occasion, I've made reference to a series of books that I have thoroughly enjoyed by James Lovegrove. These would be his Pantheon Series (http://www.jameslovegrove.com/books/). These are in his list of books and are called "Age of..."

Anyhoo, I was kinda inspired by them. And while not directly cribbing any story arc (:rolleyes:) from the books, I had an inkling to try a game based on the premise.
Said premise is to take a god or pantheon and weave a story based on the pantheon. The other pantheons never overlap in these, and the notion is to take a tangential direction...

So, even if Age of Set might or might not overlap with other pantheons, the idea is that each story will involve something to do with Set. (Although inaccurate, my version of Set revolves around the serpent.) This involvement may be the direct involvement of the god in one story, an idea that is much more mundane in nature, and it may just be about an alien serptenine race with no mention of gods. The notion is more that the main antagonists will have a serpent feel to them. (As such, it might be more appropriate to call this An Age of Serpents, but I think Age of Set sounds better...)

I plan to make heavy use of my copy of the Supernatural Handbook.

I also wanted to have a cohesion amongst characters from the get-go. I will be using a quasi-Freedomverse world. The Freedom League exists, as do other Freedomverse heroes. The Sentinels are actually known as the Blackguard Syndicate and are criminals based in Emerald City. The defender of that City, the Emerald Knight is a Star Knight but in the Alan Scott vane. As for the characters, they are in a city with a Titans's analogue group based not far from them. The heroes themselves have the option of being public heroes, but for the most part are a rare breed of superhero. They wear no spandex, have no masks, and no secret identities. Instead, they are first-responders and law enforcement types that happen to have powers and use them to assist in their jobs.

Most police take a dim view of vigilantes and superhero types in general although some support them for the good they do. The primary reasons for the attitude are the fact that heroes don't testify or follow specific hours... their supports highlight the fact that they do what they do because it's the right thing to do...

PL 8 - Max trade-offs of +3/ -3

Some caveats/ house rules to start:

no telepathy
no variable power (variable descriptor is fine depending on reason)
I have a preference for one trick ponies a la X-Men/ LSH over swiss army knives like Kryptonians or Mages (arrays are fine though)

To elaborate on your day jobs:

police officers (beat cops to detectives)
first responders (fire fighters, paramedics)
federal agents (FBI, NSA, CSIS...)
provincial/ state police...
SCU - like the officers assigned to deal with super-threats from DC...
Journalists

Something this really is not meant to be , to quote Saint_Matthew..., is CSI, Shitty Lighting Division. It's also not meant to be any existing Superhero setting, but I will borrow as needed for those aspects. Essentially, this a large city in the Freedomverse with no direct ties to any existing material. As such, everyone knows who the Centurion was, and now that a team of supers want to set up shop...

Something it is meant to be is a city-based series that is not world spanning (even if I don't rule out travel/ interaction with the rest of the world.)

I'm not looking for character stats yet, but character pitches and what people would think of such a game....

Thoughts?

Triskavanski
10-20-2014, 08:22 PM
CSI, Shitty lighting division? What is that?

Perhaps I could use my unicorn-man mecha pilot/inventor?

Batgirl III
10-20-2014, 08:30 PM
I haven't read the source novels, but this sounds like an intriguing premise nevertheless. More Gotham Central than Batman... I like it.

CSI is one of a thousand copy-cat shows that feature really bad pseudoscience criminal forensics and really, really weird lighting designs.

Triskavanski
10-20-2014, 08:35 PM
Oh I didn't know that CSI had bad lighting.

Though I do watch a lot Bones, Castle and the like. And do make fun of the psedo-science in a lot of it.

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 04:27 AM

Shitty Lighting Division is a comment made by Saint_Matthew on the these boards in reference to the Gotham TV show.

Perhaps I could use my unicorn-man mecha pilot/inventor?

Inventor would be more appropriate than mech pilot. The city I am envisioning isn't one with a real need for a Special Crimes Unit beyond the street level. It has a few supervillains, but they are not Spiderman caliber...

I haven't read the source novels, but this sounds like an intriguing premise nevertheless. More Gotham Central than Batman... I like it.

Source novels are not required reading - they are all stand alone, so it's more a concept than anything else.

Spectrum
10-21-2014, 04:44 AM
Would Top 10 be close to what you're looking for?

Triskavanski
10-21-2014, 06:04 AM
With mech pilot, the character doesn't pilot anything much bigger than a small car. But I can diggit, man. Gotta be a cool cat

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 06:14 AM
Would Top 10 be close to what you're looking for?

Top 10 ? Do I need to turn in my geek card? I'm not sure what you mean...

Spectrum
10-21-2014, 06:20 AM
Not quite turn in your geek card bad, but yeah.. you're missing out. It's an Alan Moore/America's Best Comics superpowered police procedural.

Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_10_(comics))
TVtropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ComicBook/TopTen?from=Main.TopTen)

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 06:43 AM
ty.

Skimming the wikipedia article... I am going to say sort of the vibe. I had the notion that DC and Marvel (and other) comics are comics and movies in this world where the Freedomverse characters are actual supers.

The vibe I am going for is definitely less supers present... Tossing ATMs is one thing, but I doubt many villains will be tossing cars type thing...

kanly
10-21-2014, 09:46 AM
The vibe I am going for is definitely less supers present... Tossing ATMs is one thing, but I doubt many villains will be tossing cars type thing...

Sounds like PL8 would fit better then. The world at large is still a threat, but you can use high caliber firearms without having to trade off accuracy. PL10 starts getting quite a bit more super, especially if you are focusing in on one or two abilities instead of Swiss army knifing it. Top ten definitely has some cool low power characters, but you can't swing a cat without hitting a super of some sort.

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 09:51 AM
PL 8 is my current leaning truth be told, but I`m looking for interest to start. :cool:

kanly
10-21-2014, 10:14 AM
PL 8 is my current leaning truth be told, but I`m looking for interest to start. :cool:

Definitely interested, (I like both one trick ponies and lower power games) but I think I am pushing my own personal envelope with the number of games I am in at the moment.

Evolución
10-21-2014, 12:35 PM
You peaked my interest there! How about a FBI field commander, with a secret knack on inspiration and demoralization?

Nevius
10-21-2014, 12:50 PM
I'm quite partial to bad-ass normals, which sounds like a good fit for this game. I'd call myself interested.

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 06:13 PM
So... some of the interest so far includes:

An FBI Field Agent (pitched as commander)
a bad-ass normal (I'd suggest some kind of minor power or tech though)
a mech-pilot (this one still pushes the outer edge of what I'm thinking)
a few other notes of interest without concept pitches

I'm going to let this percolate a little longer to see what other nibbles we get...

Batgirl III
10-21-2014, 06:49 PM
I'm leaning towards a telepathic / extra sensory perception paramedic...

Bladewind
10-21-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm leaning towards a telepathic / extra sensory perception paramedic...

I don't want mindreading/ telepathic controlling types... but empathy and the like are good...

Postcog and precog have potential too...

Weyrd
10-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Hmmmm, I have the concept of a heat-absorbing firefighter nibbling at my mind. I'll let him (or her) percolate a little more and see what hits me.

kanly
10-22-2014, 09:55 AM
Hmmmm, I have the concept of a heat-absorbing firefighter nibbling at my mind. I'll let him (or her) percolate a little more and see what hits me.

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Randel_Portman?

Triskavanski
10-22-2014, 10:05 AM
I could also throw in my character sunshine, a gunslinger collie

Spectrum
10-22-2014, 04:15 PM
... collie as in dog?

Wow, you guys have already hit the major bases :) I was thinking about a journalist that had the ability to make you guys look really good, but a excavation/mole/unstable environment guy might be fun.

Bladewind
10-22-2014, 04:33 PM
Alright.... let's flip this into recruitment.

Feel free to pitch your concept in a little more detail before building so that major rewrites and vetoes get avoided. :p

Spectrum - Journalist is not an angle that I had really thought about or considered... but it's got a lot of potential. A good complication on that one would revolve around journalistic integrity - and knowing when to squash and when to run a story...

Triskavanski - I like the gunslinger idea more than the mech pilot. Is he a police/ SWAT marksman? if as Spectrum mentioned/ inferred you mean a collie as in dog... go human pls. ;)

Weyrd - heat-absorbing firefighter... precisely the kind of thing I was going for.

Triskavanski
10-22-2014, 06:12 PM
Yes, I did mean the Dog.

A character design I had with this gunslinger was a golden collie humanish person from Californa with a penchant for fire arms. But you want me to go normal human.. I could.

Bladewind
10-22-2014, 07:41 PM
Well... go one or the other. Dog or gunslinger. A gunslinging humanoid dog is against the overall theme of what I'm going for...

Triskavanski
10-22-2014, 07:49 PM
so like a normal four legged dog?

Bladewind
10-22-2014, 08:12 PM
Must be Police Dog (k-9 corps), human level intelligence and if you want to put some kind of powers in there within the pp and original post guidelines...

I have to warn though, it's on the far outer edge of where I am looking to go with this...

Triskavanski
10-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Yeah.. I'll just go human guy, buddy cop.

Praetorian Guard
10-23-2014, 04:26 AM
I was thinking of a tactical officer with a form of 'hyper kinesis' which would allow his brain to process movement at a much faster rate than others. This gives him amazing athletic feats of timing, superhuman reflexes and perfect accuracy with firearms or thrown objects and also allows him, for example, to predict trajectory by eyesight.

When I say superhuman reflexes, I am not talking Spiderman level agility & reflexes, but more like a professional traceur. Coupled with his years of service in a S.W.A.T. team, it would make his marksman ship & firearm combat PL-capped for sure. I really enjoyed Alpha's, and yes, the concept is based off of Cameron, but one of the reasons I liked Alpha's is there was a flip side to every ability. And I was thinking with his hyper kinesis, that his brain can only operate in that heightened state for so long before it becomes overloaded, and he becomes, dazed, agility & dexterity impaired. So ten minutes of superhuman level agility, or heightened combat prowess, followed by an hour of recovery time, if he pushes that original envelop it's fortitude checks to avoid the side effects.

Sadly this concept is fairly close to Triskavanski's marksman, so we'd be competing for a niche role. >.<

Bladewind
10-23-2014, 04:30 AM
@Triskavanski - Human is preferred...

@Praetorian Guard - I get where you are going, and am curious how that will translate to paper...

Triskavanski
10-23-2014, 05:42 AM
Aye, I'm making a human character, and it'll be more of the cop type character rather than the gunslinger, a buddy cop type.

Quamyth
10-23-2014, 01:23 PM
I would like to express my interest in this game; I really like the premise.
I've played and GM'ed numerous games in the past, but never PBP. I also have a lot of free time, and would like to play in an M&M game for once (I run three, currently).

Anyway, if allowed to join, I would like my character to be an ambulance-chasing lawyer name "Slick Freddy". He is skilled and knowledgeable in his field, but has never had the luck to turn big-time lawyer. Plus, he kinda hates the big corporations anyway (that could be his sour-grapes attitude, though). He used to be a real shark, but things have changed since he had the misfortune to gain powers. He witnessed some [plot device] accident and now has the ability to control the fundamental force of friction. He was excited at first, because hey, powers, but now he feels cursed. You see, he can do amazing things with his gifts, but can't control them while he's asleep. Every time he drifts off, he either wakes up from slipping onto the floor or nearly suffocates as the sheets cling to his face. He's gotten very creative with how he sleeps, but it doesn't stop him from having insomnia most days. This has caused his business to change, as he is hardly capable of keeping up anymore. Now he feels he has to atone for the people he hurt with his shady courtroom actions, and really has no choice because he has to take practically any case he can now. He doesn't even consider turning larger-than-life super-hero an option, either, so he does what he can on a small-scale.

Spectrum
10-23-2014, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the boards Quamyth.

Interesting concept and (as a player/reader) I'd like to hear more. How do you see Freddy interacting with the Special Task Force? One way that comes to mind is if he was tasked with being the legal counsel for the team, keeping things clean for the courts in the murky world of dealing with supers.

Bladewind
10-23-2014, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the boards Quamyth - I half expected a character along those lines and welcome it.

On a side note, just want to mention that I am taking a half step back for a few days. I am shelving nothing, I am not starting out on a shaky footing on this one... I will simply admit that I am a little shaken by the events of yesterday in Canada.

None of my story arcs or ideas mirrored what happened in any way, but I don't have the mindset to focus on character sheets. I will continue to comment on ideas and respond to questions, but number crunching when sheets start to come in will likely wait a few days. I will also continue to haunt and post in the threads I'm in, I'm just slowing down my plan on this one a little. You might or might not have noticed either way, but I just wanted to mention it in case I post something that doesn't make sense...

Quamyth
10-23-2014, 04:19 PM
Thanks, Spectrum!

I actually like that concept, since I picture Freddy as someone who used to love his life, but now things just keep getting stickier and stickier, and he wants no part of it.
Getting assigned to the Task Force works perfectly, as he's pretty much taking any job he can just to get by, and something regular would be what he needs. I imagine he's not too fond of supers, since the secret identities made it hard for him to do his job in his old life. (Who do you sue when your client got injured falling from a taxi a negligent hero was about to throw?)

Praetorian Guard
10-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Welcome to the boards Quamyth - I half expected a character along those lines and welcome it.

On a side note, just want to mention that I am taking a half step back for a few days. I am shelving nothing, I am not starting out on a shaky footing on this one... I will simply admit that I am a little shaken by the events of yesterday in Canada.

None of my story arcs or ideas mirrored what happened in any way, but I don't have the mindset to focus on character sheets. I will continue to comment on ideas and respond to questions, but number crunching when sheets start to come in will likely wait a few days. I will also continue to haunt and post in the threads I'm in, I'm just slowing down my plan on this one a little. You might or might not have noticed either way, but I just wanted to mention it in case I post something that doesn't make sense...

Hey Blade, it totally makes sense, I had to explain to my eleven year old this morning what happened on the Hill, but I had a good talk with a friend today and she said something pretty profound. While explaining the situation to her kids she pointed out that yes, this was the act of one bad man, but look at all these police officers, servicemen, and even bystanders who did good, and heroic things to protect people, in some cases selflessly.

I got a little emotional while we were talking, but yeah, I understand where you are coming from.

Triskavanski
10-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Actually, I'm thinking more towards a Groundskeeper type character. Like immortal and ageless, always rebuilding the city after things go south. Occasionally hammering people in the face with his sledge hammer.

Bladewind
10-24-2014, 05:54 AM
I got a little emotional while we were talking, but yeah, I understand where you are coming from.

Thanks for that.

You can still see me here and I am... it's just looking at Character Sheets that`s extremely slow going. I think I went and rewatched Flash and SHIELD twice each since Wednesday, dove into the cheesiest silver age books in my collection and then hugged my family repeatedly...

It`s good to know that for every twit there is an equal if not greater number of good people...

Spectrum
10-24-2014, 07:52 AM
For those of us that are more familiar with US police dramas than Canadian police shows (with some shows blending the two), what are the important differences?

Bladewind
10-24-2014, 07:54 AM
None of consequence.

I watch those shows too. :o

Triskavanski
10-24-2014, 07:55 AM
Aye, that is a bit of important thought work isnt it?

So.. consequences?

Spectrum
10-25-2014, 04:08 PM
(scratch paper for character design, please feel free to make suggestions while things come together)

Mark Holiday
Role: media representative
Brief history: used to work for one of the big news broadcasting companies, imbedded with the a military unit in... Afghanistan? (Previous military experience?) Became known as a good luck charm for the soldiers that he worked with- things ended up going more successfully. Returned home, working with the group in media relations and psych warfare. Happily married? He and his husband have a cute adopted daughter?
General build: decent ranks in persuasion, deception, expertise: reporter, expertise: solider, investigation (gather information), various advantages for psych ops. Could subtle work with that? Maybe some kind of create for coincidental terrain effects? Luck control?

Will post more as things start to come together.

Bladewind
10-25-2014, 04:56 PM
Aye, that is a bit of important thought work isnt it?

So.. consequences?

I don't understand this post.

Triskavanski
10-25-2014, 05:41 PM
It was something about the other things. US vs Candian cop things and which side has consequences...

I've got three character ideas now that time has passed

Straight Man and Slapstick (Not their real names, names pending)
Buddy Cop Duo.
These two are team of two cops who joined the force and work along with each other and the other players.

Doctor Doc
Medical Hospital Man
Owner of Medical Hospital. Lots of Minons and maybe a side kick or two.

Groundskeeper
Fixer
This guy has been around for a long time, seeming before anyone else can remember. Always everywhere fixing stuff.

rwknoll
10-25-2014, 07:31 PM
I would like to express interest in this game. I hadn't taken the time to review the source material you were talking about (Pantheon series) until tonight, and it sounds really interesting to me! I also have been finding that I really enjoy the first PbP game I joined, and I'm itching to play in another, so I have the time to commit to this one.

Before reading the other character ideas, my initial thought was to play a firefighter with pyrokinesis -- someone who had these powers and felt obligated to use them for the greater good. Then I read Weyrd's idea of someone who absorbs heat, and I think I might be stepping on his toes too much with a fire controller. Of course, the two could also just be partners who work really well as a team. Might even be relatives or close friends? If a fire controller is too similar to that idea, a water or ice controller would be really fun for me to play and could just as easily work alongside Weyrd's character as a firefighter.

My second general idea was to play a detective with super senses. Initially, I thought super-smell and hearing, but I could also say that all of his senses are heightened, and just focus all of his powers around that theme. He would also have all of the other skills and advantages fitting of a detective.

My third general idea is a metamorph with training in hand-to-hand combat and guns. He would work as an undercover agent, probably with FBI or CIA, and would mechanically look similar to a blend between Mystique and Black Widow. Of my three general ideas, I am the least sure about background or complication/motivation ideas for this character concept, but I'm sure I could rise to the challenge. :)

I'm torn about my general preference for these three concepts (energy controller firefighter, super-sense detective, metamorph undercover agent). The detective or undercover agent would probably mesh the best with the other character ideas suggested without being redundant. I think all three would be very fun to play, for different reasons. Any suggestions?

Bladewind
10-27-2014, 04:34 AM
So, I should be back in full form checking sheets and concepts tonight. Thanks for your patience there.

@rwknoll - regarding source material - just to be clear, it's more of a reference than a source. I'll be taking things related to Set and going off on a tangent. As mentioned, it might have been a better idea to say Age of Reptile, but that would have brought Mortal Kombat references and that's not what I was going for... ;) I will look over your concepts today.

@Triskavanski - I like the Fixer of the three the most. Especially if you go with the idea that he doesn't just "fix" normal things. For some reason this brought up a memory of the groundskeeper from Starfleet who seems to be so much more than a simple groundskeeper. Don't forget that although I'm not going for overt realism here (it's a comic setting after all), I do want things to be a bit more on the serious side in terms of characters. And thanks for clarifying the earlier post.

Weyrd
10-27-2014, 05:30 AM
I've yet to get anything done build or background wise for my concept, so if the firefighter appeals to you the most, rwknoll, then you should go for it. To be honest I've been having trouble with background ideas for him. I've got some other ideas in the hopper that I'll probably have an easier time building too,

Triskavanski
10-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Doesn't just fix normal things?

Most of his stick is cleaning up after others pretty much.

Bladewind
10-27-2014, 05:53 PM
@Triskavanski - Fixer to me is something along the lines of "guy who fixes problems." It's actually a class from a d20 game called Spycraft (and probably from other spy type genre sources as well). The doctor type works better for me if he's a paramedic, but I could also see the chief physician of a medical clinic, especially if its the type of private clinic that works to help the less fortunate... Either way, my suggestion would be to bring down your scope a little. Perhaps a little less cosmic and a bit more backyard... (I know, you never said cosmic, but a full fledged hospital owner is well beyond scope here.) Should I look over the sheet you PMed me, or are you still working on concept?

@rwknoll - I like all your concepts. Depending on what Weyrd comes up with, the play of two firefighters as suggested has potential. The doppelganger type is a little over done to me, but could work as well. Makes infiltration easier, that is for sure. Of the three, the detective is perhaps the most directly in line with what I was looking for initially...

@Spectrum - Colour me intrigued. Although media rep still continues to be at the outer rim of my preference for occupations, the way you brought it in works. I could see Luck Control working well in this game...

@Evolucion - The FBI senior field agent works a little better than outright commander, although I might make a name change to the group he works for. ;) Cross department assists also work though...

@Praetorian Guard - Triskavanski has not totally settled on concept, and I'd still be interested to see what you came up with on this...

@Quamyth - In re-reading your concept, I like the uncontrolled aspect (although I personally see more complication than flaw in terms of game mechanics) and the fact that he is small scale rather than trying to be a flashy supertights type...

@BatgirlIII, kanly, weyrd - Any other thoughts to add?

Spectrum
10-27-2014, 05:58 PM
While we're thinking, maybe you can shed some more light into what you have planned and the world that we'll be playing in?

rwknoll
10-27-2014, 06:12 PM
@rwknoll - I like all your concepts. Depending on what Weyrd comes up with, the play of two firefighters as suggested has potential. The doppelganger type is a little over done to me, but could work as well. Makes infiltration easier, that is for sure. Of the three, the detective is perhaps the most directly in line with what I was looking for initially...
Thanks for the feedback! If you like the other two concepts, I'll cut the metamorph from my list. I feel the least confident in creating a three-dimensional backstory for him or playing him, so if you're feeling "myeh" about it, then let's just cut it. :)

I have a lot of ideas for character build for both the pyrokinetic firefighter and the super-sense detective. I have personality and background ideas fleshed out in my head better for the firefighter, at least so far. I like the idea of a firefighter who suddenly develops/realizes he has these powers (origin TBD) and finds himself struggling with an incredible burden of responsibility. He knows that with his powers, he's better than basically anyone on the job who doesn't have powers, so he feels a moral obligation to work overtime. That leads him to feeling a burned out (haha...pun unintended) and he is currently grappling with that stress, while balancing it with stress on the home front. Personality wise, he would be dedicated, compassionate, friendly, but more serious when on the job.

I have inklings for a personality that might be fun to play for the detective: With the ability to tell when others are lying and quickly piece together clues, he's a no-nonsense guy with a dry sense of humor. He speaks bluntly and he's confident in his abilities. He's competitive but works well with a team. I just don't have clear ideas about a good backstory yet.

Triskavanski
10-27-2014, 06:36 PM
The sheet concept was kinda the buddy cop team. But I could probably do better to get closer to the theme.

Bladewind
10-27-2014, 06:53 PM
While we're thinking, maybe you can shed some more light into what you have planned and the world that we'll be playing in?

The plan is for a slightly ambiguous city. Ambiguous in the sense that I don't really plan on naming it as a real world city. References to street names and the like won't be grounded. I'm likely to combine bits of a few Canadian cities for my own personal internal compass but not much further than that in terms of the Real World.

The opening scene will involve bringing everyone to a crime scene. You are all professionals in your chosen field so will likely be civil at the get-go but after that...

The Superheroes - as in the team that calls this city home - might make cameos, but this is not their story.

Federal Agents are not going to be referred to by agency. Federal Agent is as good a name as any as opposed to FBI Agent. References to the The Company or the Agency also work (Homeland Security also works for me). This is a North American city that is easily shifted above and below the 49th...

People who know me might realize I tend to stick Cybertron in a lot of places. It won't happen here. :)

@rwknoll - Firefighter or Detective... It's definite that the detective is more readily inserted in most scenarios, but that doesn't mean that it would be the more interesting character. I might suggest some expertise in Pyrotechnics. We'll expand that to include fireworks as well as different methods that fire can be started, accelerated and put it out. It can also include the various chemical applications without him being a master chemist. The idea being to have an expertise skill without having to sink 50% of the points into enough skills to cover different aspects. Paired with a reasonable amount of investigation, he can examine a blaze and determine origin, cause and other details... I'm truly torn on your concepts as they could both work really well.

@all - I'm not posting means to bring characters to the scene if they aren't detectives or police, but I am working on those too...

Triskavanski
10-27-2014, 07:08 PM
Honestly, 11th hour would be much better in this game due to things being less super powered than the game I have him in currently.

rwknoll
10-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I'm torn too. Part of me wants to go with the firefighter because I haven't had the opportunity to play an energy controller archetype yet, and I really like them. It could just be fun mechanically, and he would be much more versatile in situations when things get hairy.

However, I think you're right that the super-sense detective would be a better fit for the story. I also like the challenge of playing a character that would have a lower cap on Damage effects, and with relatively higher emphasis on skills and advantages. How about this: I'll play around with the idea of the detective and see if I can flesh out his background. I'll also try to stat a preliminary build. If I can't make one of the two work in a way that will be fun for me to play, I'll play around with the firefighter instead. Does that sound fair?

How high of damage effect would be reasonable for a standard sidearm? And when you say "PL 8 - Max trade-offs of +3 / -3", do you mean for defensive PLs, or does that include offensive abilities as well? I'm just assuming this character will end up having higher Ranged Combat and Close Combat attack rolls, but weaker Damage effects.

Weyrd
10-27-2014, 09:55 PM
I have inklings for a personality that might be fun to play for the detective: With the ability to tell when others are lying and quickly piece together clues, he's a no-nonsense guy with a dry sense of humor. He speaks bluntly and he's confident in his abilities. He's competitive but works well with a team. I just don't have clear ideas about a good backstory yet.

You might consider taking him another direction. His super senses make him a stellar detective and when he is on-point he is ON-POINT, but he has trouble shutting them out some times so he has turned to alcohol to dull his senses. That has had a negative impact on his life (family, friends, career, etc..) It would give you a nice addiction complication and lead to some fun scenes where he has to deliver while drunk.

Just food for thought. Seems like that would be more fun to play than a straight laced guy, but that's just my personal opinion.

rwknoll
10-27-2014, 10:11 PM
You might consider taking him another direction. His super senses make him a stellar detective and when he is on-point he is ON-POINT, but he has trouble shutting them out some times so he has turned to alcohol to dull his senses. That has had a negative impact on his life (family, friends, career, etc..) It would give you a nice addiction complication and lead to some fun scenes where he has to deliver while drunk.

Just food for thought. Seems like that would be more fun to play than a straight laced guy, but that's just my personal opinion.

That's a neat idea, and it adds a twist on his personality and interpersonal style that might be interesting to explore. My primary hesitation in pursuing that route is that I'm a psychologist in real life, and I try to avoid mental health-related Complications on my PCs so I can give myself a break from work. ;) I do like the suggestion of making him less straight laced, and I plan on having some Complications related to his senses.

FYI, I managed to make a build for the detective that I think will be really fun to play. It was a pain to fit everything in...he would be perfect for a PL 10 game, and I had to cut back on some aspects of Senses and my skills to make the concept work. Detectives/cops are generally good at a lot of skills, some of which I couldn't afford as much as I would like. I'll keep working on the stats and see if I can make it work out better. But for now, I'm going to plan on going with the detective!

Nillaman
10-28-2014, 01:41 AM
I was thinking of a paramedic named Edward Palomo, a psychic who is the poster child for the phrase 'mind over body', which grants him a degree of physical conditioning on par with olympic athletes with a fraction of the effort. He's a serene individual who never seems to lose composure even in the most trying of times. Few are aware of just how personally he takes each life lost under his care.

Was thinking he can extend his self-mastery to others through touch. This allows him to use the Treatment skill as if he had the proper tools at all times, even if it's only his bare hands, and could be used to cause a nasty but ultimately non-lethal condition to manifest in an attacker. Muscle cramps, going numb, sudden fatigue, spike in heart rate, and plenty of other unpleasant symptoms. Want to avoid the Healing Effect as a common power, as it's very potent and probably best for emergencies.

His background is lower-middle class family, hard worker, and his psychic abilities are the result of meditation he took during those very stressful years in college.

Lemme know if anything about this could use tweaking or a complete re-write.

Bladewind
10-28-2014, 04:49 AM
@Nillaman - just want a little clarity on the psychic aspect - I want to avoid telepaths... (specifically the mind reader and mental communication types.)

Evolución
10-28-2014, 07:44 AM
You have to love those series where there's conspiracy, mixed with aliens and paranormal, secret societies and secret government agencies. And there's a reason for that, the real secret government agencies are spending big money to try and stick into your head that such concept are ridiculous, when they are truly not.
The organization known as Agency for the Containment of Mayor Eventualities is one of such organizations. It is unclear they respond to the government, or to any such political organizations. They act through specialized agents, sent to the field to deal with anything out of the ordinary, from a haunted house to an alien invasion and anything in between, if you are to draw a continuum between such events.
Juan is an agent of ACME. A stoic man, suited in black, balding, with profuse black and copper beard. If you had to guess by his name, you'd assume he's latin or spanish, although his complete lack of accent might dissuade you. The fact that he was born in Uruguay is unimportant. As are his childhood, education and family. What matters is the Agency and his mission. And he has just been assigned one.

http://www.elpais.com.uy/files/article_main/uploads/2013/05/03/5183d61536464.jpg

Bladewind
10-28-2014, 08:29 AM
The organization known as Agency for the Containment of Mayor Eventualities

OK, now that I've cleaned up the coffee I just spit out... I have to share my giggle with you.

There are so many Toronto Mayor jokes in there... but since I know that English is a second language for you (and as such you already have my respect for consistently writing in English on these boards), I will assume that the hysterical slip was unintentional and that you meant Major instead of Mayor.

Now, if it was intentional, my hat is off to you sir because that was hilarious.

So.... we're talking a Vic Sage/ Question type here ? And do you expecte Wile E Coyote to sue for

Weyrd
10-28-2014, 08:31 AM
@Nillaman - just want a little clarity on the psychic aspect - I want to avoid telepaths... (specifically the mind reader and mental communication types.)

Seems like he's going more for an ability to affect the brain's control of physiological processes in others. Pain receptors, muscle control, etc... Since it deals with the human brain that is probably why he used the term "psychic."

kanly
10-28-2014, 08:43 AM
Seems like he's going more for an ability to affect the brain's control of physiological processes in others. Pain receptors, muscle control, etc... Since it deals with the human brain that is probably why he used the term "psychic."

biokenetic maybe?

Bladewind
10-28-2014, 09:46 AM

That was my take too, just wanted to be sure before work was put into the build. ;)

Evolución
10-28-2014, 11:24 AM
OK, now that I've cleaned up the coffee I just spit out... I have to share my giggle with you.

There are so many Toronto Mayor jokes in there... but since I know that English is a second language for you (and as such you already have my respect for consistently writing in English on these boards), I will assume that the hysterical slip was unintentional and that you meant Major instead of Mayor.

Now, if it was intentional, my hat is off to you sir because that was hilarious.

So.... we're talking a Vic Sage/ Question type here ? And do you expecte Wile E Coyote to sue for

I can't claim that joke. I did struggle with words to get ACME out of the organization name. I tried to keep up a MIB narrative, probably failed miserably. But that's how you learn eh? That aside, I did live in Ottawa for 6 months, Canadian's love for puns is great, a part of your culture that is incredibly similar to ours in Argentina.

I'm aiming for something in the lines of Question here. No flying/fridge/skiing please =D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-QBTgEWPUbas/Tf5AFa66AwI/AAAAAAAAAE0/1sqe8nIsc1s/s1600/Wile+E.+Coyote+%2528fridge+and+skis%2529.jpg

Nillaman
10-28-2014, 11:52 AM

Understood. It's a psychic in the sense that his powers come from the mind, not the body.

Edit: Missed the later posts. That sounds like a good way to describe his ability.

Weyrd
10-28-2014, 01:23 PM
How do you feel about shrinking? Like to the atomic level? I've got an idea for a forensic scientist/CSI with shrinking, allowing her to study things at a microscopic/atomic level without equipment. Slivers of things in wounds would appear huge and obvious to her. She could identify poisons and such by shrinking to the atomic level in a sample and studying the atomic structure. Probably give her some sort of nullify power for poisons and diseases with the ability to destroy these things at a cellular level. She could also have damage effects or affliction effects by also affecting things at a cellular level.

Personality wise, she'd be a huge science nerd. Geeky, totally absorbed in the job and maybe a little naive.

Spectrum
10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
Weyrd- Really really cool idea. How do you see the character outside of the lab where it's nice and comfy and BIG?

Weyrd
10-28-2014, 01:43 PM
I actually mostly envisioned her out of the lab. Shrinking down, jumping into wounds or blood/chemical splatter to study the make-up. She'd probably have a big bag of goodies to help her in those cases (like maybe hazmat suit, re-breather, grappling hook....squirt gun with antibiotics in it :D) She'd be able to see clues that others missed just by looking at the scene from a different perspective.

Bladewind
10-29-2014, 06:10 AM
As an aside for spy/ MiB types... this is set in the Freedomverse and as such UNISON and AEGIS exist...

Spectrum
10-29-2014, 08:08 AM
Playing around with ideas..

Any preferences on how to mechanically design a sniper rifle that someone has high skill use with? Not everyone that picks it up would have that same ability but.. arrrgh!

Praetorian Guard
10-29-2014, 08:32 AM
May I present to you Sergeant John A. Jacob, Campaign City Police Department Metahuman, Emergency & Tactical Assessment (M.E.T.A.) unit:

http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j419/Zen_Gypsy/7060b04d-16c7-4f6e-9c16-b2255796dc64_zps27b71442.jpg (http://s1084.photobucket.com/user/Zen_Gypsy/media/7060b04d-16c7-4f6e-9c16-b2255796dc64_zps27b71442.jpg.html)

Build to follow:

Background: John was born in Freedom City, and like many police officers, his father, Alexander, was a police officer. S.W.A.T. to be exact, John was always proud of his father, and the respect that he had from his unit. He remembers them all, the backyard barbecues, the birthdays, and as he progressed through school even the graduations.

But John's most vivid memory is the day that he, his dad, and his mother Jessica, went down to the 1st National to help John get a loan for his first car, he'd been working odd jobs since he was 13 years old to save up for a car. Newspaper routes, cutting grass, even babysitting for neighbors. It was a big day, and they were going to the bank as a family, as they were waiting in line though, several armed men entered the bank. John remembers his father's eyes tracing their movements, calculating angles, cover, and return fire. Though he was armed, he urged his family to obey the gunmen and stay down. John looked to his left and he saw a young man, white hair, slight build, slightly older than him. He smiled mischievously, held a finger to his lips, and tugged his shirt open, and John saw the spandex. Blue and a golden lightning bolt, the youth mouthed 'Don't worry I'm a hero.' Alexander noticed his son's attention, and saw the costume of Bolt, Captain Thunder's son. Alexander, trying not to draw any attention to himself shook his head and whispered 'No, keep down kid. Let the professionals handle this, they ...' Before his father could explain to the young hero that the silent alarm had been tripped, the youth stood upright, his clothes gone in a flash only the spandex remained.

"Nah old man, I got this."

That's when the gunmen turned, Alexander noticed the weapons being leveled towards where the hero stood immediately in front of his family. As the bullets hit the air, Bolt effortlessly dodged them, doing the only thing he could Alexander sheltered his wife and child with his body, as the bullets slammed into him. Another fatality occurred before Bolt managed to subdue the gunman, Captain Thunder eventually showed up at the bank and spoke with the authorities. John doesn't remember much after his father's body fell atop him and his mother. He remembers the wail of the ambulance sirens, and the blood soaking into his clothes. His father's blood.

John often thinks back to the bank, and wonders what would have happened had the young hero not tried to grandstand and take down five armed hostiles by himself. He doesn't exactly blame Bolt for his father's death, but he does think that people with that level of ability need to realize that it is no replacement for training and experience. It's soured him towards the super-hero culture, and many would think that he holds a grudge against all capes.

After that John was raised by his mother, but his father's unit was always there for him. Ryker taught his how to drive a car, Davis helped him with his math and history homework. Smith talked to his mother when John eventually told her he was enrolling at the police academy. John threw himself into his training, his father's memory driving him, pushing himself to excel.

More to come ... think of it as a teaser ... off to unpack ... some more!

Evolución
10-29-2014, 08:42 AM
As an aside for spy/ MiB types... this is set in the Freedomverse and as such UNISON and AEGIS exist...

Uh cross department intrigues. :rolleyes:

Bladewind
10-29-2014, 10:50 AM

Any preferences on how to mechanically design a sniper rifle that someone has high skill use with? Not everyone that picks it up would have that same ability but.. arrrgh!

Not as such. I would think adding a check required (as in additional to the range attack role) might accomplish what you want.

Uh cross department intrigues. :rolleyes:

Not really in the plans. Was just offering them as not-government specific groups...

Weyrd
10-29-2014, 11:51 AM
How do you feel about shrinking? Like to the atomic level? I've got an idea for a forensic scientist/CSI with shrinking, allowing her to study things at a microscopic/atomic level without equipment. Slivers of things in wounds would appear huge and obvious to her. She could identify poisons and such by shrinking to the atomic level in a sample and studying the atomic structure. Probably give her some sort of nullify power for poisons and diseases with the ability to destroy these things at a cellular level. She could also have damage effects or affliction effects by also affecting things at a cellular level.

Personality wise, she'd be a huge science nerd. Geeky, totally absorbed in the job and maybe a little naive.

Any comments, Bladewind?

Bladewind
10-29-2014, 12:47 PM
Sorry, missed that.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you would be the only one at that point at that size and I`d be playing up some of the pitfalls of being that small - what else is that small ? Is the atomic level really what we think it is ?

Apart from that, I like it.

Weyrd
10-29-2014, 01:12 PM
That's why I wanted to make sure that it was okay with you since, even if she was fighting the same enemy as everyone else, she'd be doing it in a different way with her own challenges (fighting a target immune system, punching giant nerves and organs.) Would basically require you to narrate another "universe" in addition to the one that the others populate (not that the two would affect one another). I think it has the potential to be quite fun, but it would be more work for both me and you so I wanted buy-off first.

And she would always shrink to Atomic size, she'd just be able to if needed. Most of the time would be between inches tall to cellular level.

Triskavanski
10-29-2014, 01:17 PM
But if she goes swimming does she get wet? Or does the water get her instead?

kanly
10-29-2014, 01:36 PM
That's why I wanted to make sure that it was okay with you since, even if she was fighting the same enemy as everyone else, she'd be doing it in a different way with her own challenges (fighting a target immune system, punching giant nerves and organs.) Would basically require you to narrate another "universe" in addition to the one that the others populate (not that the two would affect one another). I think it has the potential to be quite fun, but it would be more work for both me and you so I wanted buy-off first.

And she would always shrink to Atomic size, she'd just be able to if needed. Most of the time would be between inches tall to cellular level.

It runs into the old shadowrun/cyberpunk difficulty where net runners are essentially in there own separate game with no real connection to the main one.

rwknoll
10-29-2014, 03:03 PM

I would recommend a standard Ranged Damage effect, give yourself a higher rank than is normally listed for guns in the equipment section of the Hero's Handbook, add whatever other modifiers you like that could potentially be appropriate for gun tricks in a superhero setting (e.g., Ricochet), and give it Quirk: Requires Sniper Rifle (probably -1, maybe -2 depending on Bladewind's estimation of how much of a discount you should get).

I think you could work around this narratively. For instance, Bladewind could describe observations the party would notice when your character successfully affects them (e.g., "The group suddenly notices the gunman hunch over groan in pain..."). You also could take an Affliction power that gives you Dazed/Compelled/Controlled, which reflects you getting into their nervous system and "hijacking" it. I would recommend using a commlink and giving one to the rest of the party members, so they could still communicate with you while you shrink -- that would probably be the easiest way to keep everyone connected.

Personally, I think it's a really neat idea!

Weyrd
10-29-2014, 04:08 PM
It runs into the old shadowrun/cyberpunk difficulty where net runners are essentially in there own separate game with no real connection to the main one.

There would definitely be a connection, but it would still be like describing a whole different scenario for one character.

Bladewind
10-29-2014, 04:13 PM

That doesn't really bother my in this format.

And that's how I would be encouraging you to play... you could shrink down but... do you people have any idea what it's like to dodge protons. I'm positive it's an experience I want to repeat...

Nillaman
10-30-2014, 10:36 AM
That doesn't really bother my in this format.

And that's how I would be encouraging you to play... you could shrink down but... do you people have any idea what it's like to dodge protons. I'm positive it's an experience I want to repeat...

*slow claps* Well played.

Bladewind
10-30-2014, 10:38 AM
:o

rwknoll
10-30-2014, 10:41 AM
I've had a really busy week at work and with some other things going on, so I haven't had the chance to flesh out a background more or put something on paper. I'm hoping to have time to do that tonight. I am going to be out of town this weekend, so I just wanted to let you know I might not have anything up until Sunday night or possibly Monday.

Do you have a deadline for when you'd like submissions to be finished, or at least background/personality information?

Bladewind
10-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Not yet - I`m starting slow and steady to get a good foundation before trying to gain steam.

Weyrd
10-30-2014, 12:03 PM
I won't have anything until mid to late next week. Daughter number 2 (that won't be her name :D) is being born on Tuesday. So most of my free time now is being taken up by prep. Plan on using some of the down-time in the hospital next week to get a background and stats on paper.

Spectrum
10-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Congratulations to your growing family :)

Triskavanski
10-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Have her roll up a character too :)

Bladewind
10-30-2014, 12:53 PM
I won't have anything until mid to late next week. Daughter number 2 (that won't be her name :D) is being born on Tuesday. So most of my free time now is being taken up by prep. Plan on using some of the down-time in the hospital next week to get a background and stats on paper.

If she was the first daughter, I`d be saying good luck with that... ;)

Congrats !

Weyrd
10-30-2014, 01:12 PM
If she was the first daughter, I`d be saying good luck with that... ;)

Congrats !

I'm pretty sure I'll still need that luck, maybe even more so now :D

rwknoll
10-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Congrats! That's awesome. :)

Triskavanski
10-30-2014, 06:56 PM
So a buddy cop team wouldnt work right?

I plan on two 100pp characters basically that follow the tropes of cop films.

Im kinda leaning right now a bit closer to that one, once i figure out their stick.

Now big thing im wondering is how super are the super characters anyways?

rwknoll
10-30-2014, 07:05 PM
I think a perfect superhero twist on your standard "buddy cop" trope would be if it was a single character with the Duplication power. Same hero, but the two forms can think independently and work as a team.

Yes, this is partially inspired by Weyrd's "Pep-Squad" character from our other game. But I also assumed that's what you meant when you said buddy cops. :)

Bladewind
10-30-2014, 07:53 PM
I personally prefer rwknoll's take on the buddy cop.

And to answer the question, not extreme super if that makes sense. The PL is relatively low, and the idea is more the one trick pony than the swiss army knife. X-Men and LSH without the power creep and omega class mutants.

Triskavanski
10-30-2014, 08:05 PM
Ah, I see, instead of just two doods doing their thing.. One man with extreme multiple personality disorders is better.

Spectrum
10-31-2014, 02:53 AM
http://images.productwiki.com/upload/images/hot_fuzz-400-400.jpg

Bladewind
10-31-2014, 08:27 AM
Ah, I see, instead of just two doods doing their thing.. One man with extreme multiple personality disorders is better.

I do like the idea of duplication though...

Triskavanski
10-31-2014, 08:30 AM
Hmm. Maybe thats how you got police woman jenny fom pokemon

Evolución
11-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Name: Agent of ACME Juan Doe Height 1,7 mts
Skin: Pale Weight 70 kg
Hair: Black Shape Human
Eyes: Black Age: 34 years
Bio:
You have to love those series where there's conspiracy, mixed with aliens and paranormal, secret societies and secret government agencies. And there's a reason for that, the real secret government agencies are spending big money to try and stick into your head that such concept are ridiculous, when they are truly not.
The organization known as Agency for the Containment of Mayor Eventualities is one of such organizations. It is unclear they respond to the government, or to any such political organizations. They act through specialized agents, sent to the field to deal with anything out of the ordinary, from a haunted house to an alien invasion and anything in between, if you are to draw a continuum between such events.
Juan is an agent of ACME. A stoic man, suited in black, balding, with profuse black and copper beard. If you had to guess by his name, you'd assume he's latin or spanish, although his complete lack of accent might dissuade you. The fact that he was born in Uruguay is unimportant. As are his childhood, education and family. What matters is the Agency and his mission. And he has just been assigned one.

Complications
A secret to even him : ACME has some obscure goals, not even its agents know
Amoral missions : Often the agency's objectives are not pleaseant to carry one on the moral side of things
Cover it up : The public struggles to understand the hard truth, let's easen their life by covering it all up

Abilities ( 26 pp)
Strength 2 , Stamina 2 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 2 , Fighting 2 , Intellect 1 , Awareness 1 , Precence 1 .

Powers ( 7 pp)
- Judo iron grapple ( Enhanced STR 6 : Limited (applicable only when gabbing) ) · 6 point/s

- ACME language training ( Comprehend : Speak all languages. Narrow: Only human ) · 1 point/s

Advantages ( 38 pp)
All out attack 1 , Benefit (ACME agent, Security clereance, Cipher) 3 , Close attack 6 , Improved aim 1 , Chokehold 1 , Fast grab 1 , Defensive roll 2 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , Inspire 2 , Leadership 1 , Power attack 1 , Quick draw 1 , Ranged attack 8 , Teamwork 1 , Well informed 1 , Equipment 6.

Skills ( 24 pp)
Acrobatics 4 (+ 6 ), Deception 4 (+ 5 ), Athletics 4 (+ 6 ), Expertise( Conspiracies ) 2 (+ 3 ), Insight 4 (+ 5 ), Treatment 0 (+ 1 ), Persuacion 4 (+ 5 ), Technology 4 (+ 5 ), Sleight of Hand 4 (+ 6 ), Perception 4 (+ 5 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 1 ), Investigation 6 (+ 7 ), Stealth 4 (+ 6 ).

Offence
Initiative: 2
Grab + 8 Attack for DC: 18 Range: melee ( )
Blaster pistol + 10 Attack for DC: 22 Range: ranged ( )
Riffle + 10 Attack for DC: 23 Range: ranged ( )
unnarmed + 10 Attack for DC: 17 Range: melee ( )

Defence ( 25 pp)
Parry: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Dodge: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Toughness: Feat/power ( 2 ) + Equipment ( 4 )= 8
Fortitude: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
Will: Rank ( 7 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8

Equipment
Bulletproof vest 3 ep
Smart phone 2 ep
Microphone concealed 1 ep
Hanfcuffs 1 ep
Lock release gun 1 ep
Mini tracers 1 ep
Night vision goggles 1 ep
Parabolic microphone 1 ep
Stun ammo 1 ep
Suppressor 1 ep

Weapon array 15ep
Fragmentation grenade 1ep
Blaster pistol 1ep
Service riffle 1ep
Smoke grenade 1ep

Spectrum
11-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I keep playing with a concept for a sniper. A backcountry girl without much mothering but a whole bunch of brothers. Nothing much to do but hunting and she got really good at it. And then uhhh.. yeah, something more that just isn't there yet.

Bladewind
11-04-2014, 08:12 AM
I keep playing with a concept for a sniper. A backcountry girl without much mothering but a whole bunch of brothers. Nothing much to do but hunting and she got really good at it. And then uhhh.. yeah, something more that just isn't there yet.

Hmmm.... why would she be in the city ? Is there a Jean Reno/ Nathalie Portman scenario in there somewhere ? But at the end she gets taken under the wing of a police officer who encourages her?

Spectrum
11-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Could be. Could also be a Most Dangerous Game element there.

rwknoll
11-05-2014, 05:32 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about my character background, but I've been really busy this week. I did have a question: I'm thinking about saying that my character has recently been inducted into one of the super-related agencies in the Freedom City setting, such as STAR, AEGIS or UNISON. The idea would be that he was an excellent detective and got their attention because of his sensory abilities. I'm not sure which of those three would be the best fit for the plot and game themes you had in mind. Any suggestions, or are they all fair game?

Evolución
11-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Thoughts about Juan?

Bladewind
11-06-2014, 08:40 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about my character background, but I've been really busy this week. I did have a question: I'm thinking about saying that my character has recently been inducted into one of the super-related agencies in the Freedom City setting, such as STAR, AEGIS or UNISON. The idea would be that he was an excellent detective and got their attention because of his sensory abilities. I'm not sure which of those three would be the best fit for the plot and game themes you had in mind. Any suggestions, or are they all fair game?

Aegis. But all are fair game. In the scope of this game, the three groups are pretty much equal footing and involvement from metaplots of them individually aren't likely to reach the arc.

@Evo - I wanted a character sheet or two more before commenting, simply to be able to reference them and start looking for ways to make things be more cohesive.

Evolución
11-06-2014, 09:09 AM
Aegis. But all are fair game. In the scope of this game, the three groups are pretty much equal footing and involvement from metaplots of them individually aren't likely to reach the arc.

@Evo - I wanted a character sheet or two more before commenting, simply to be able to reference them and start looking for ways to make things be more cohesive.

Cool

Bladewind
11-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Hey all...

Doesn't seem to be that much interest in this one after all. I'm gonna call it before the few interested parties invest too much time in something that doesn't seem likely to get off the ground.

Thanks for the interest though !

Spectrum
11-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Sorry to hear, but sadly probably for the best.

rwknoll
11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Bummer! I've been busy this past week, so I didn't have much time to invest in writing a background, but I am sad to hear that it won't get off the ground. :( I guess I can hold onto the character concept for something else down the road.

If you plan on getting any other games up and running in the near future, let me know and I'll see if I'm interested. Thanks for trying. :)

Evolución
11-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Hey all...

Doesn't seem to be that much interest in this one after all. I'm gonna call it before the few interested parties invest too much time in something that doesn't seem likely to get off the ground.

Thanks for the interest though !

Crap... I was really looking forward to it.

Bladewind
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
So was I, but the response hasn`t really been there. And if it`s not there in recruiting... :confused:

But I sort of have another idea percolating...