PDA

View Full Version : KoA: AGE System idea

VladGenX
09-22-2014, 12:33 AM
I was playing Kingdoms of Amalur the other day when it occurred to me...It would be so cool to Role-Play in the KoA world using the AGE System. it would not be that hard, you take the "Destinies" as class specializations that can be chosen at certain levels, including the cross-class ones, and the spells could easily translate as well as the weapons and armors. if anyone has a thought on this, i would be willing to collaborate and create this game for and by fans...

Alchemus
10-29-2014, 05:59 AM
Amalur is easily one of the most underrated games out there. I'm just now getting back into AGE and it's been a while since I played Amalur as well, so I'm not sure how much input I could give right now but if you get this off the ground I'll help in any way that I can.

VladGenX
10-29-2014, 07:43 PM
thank you. right now, i have a few other projects going on, but i do hope to one day build this game. it may take some work, but i'm thinking that since the destiny system is kinda classless, maybe you spend a certain number of points to gain your talents and powers and from there, you can take new paths/destinies based on how many points you have allocated to either might, finesse, or sorcery. and each destiny you get gives you certain bonuses, like in the game.

i will have to do a bit more research on it and after i create my own fantasy game and a Mass Effect game. but, thanks again and i do hope that maybe you and others can be of help.

EDIT: i just thought of something...
If i tweak my idea for the class system for my Mass Effect game, it could work. since three of the classes in ME are cross-classes just like in Amalur, taking new destinies will occur at certain levels like the specializations in Dragon Age. that might work a bit better.